“Value for money”

Wifala Thematic Hotel Boutique
Ranked #14 of 398 Cusco B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 20, 2012

You must keep in mind that Wifala is basicly an economic choice for sleeping in Cuzco. The rooms and the bathroom are tiny, the breakfast is poor and the location is out of main atractions. In the other hand, the wifi works perfectly, the reception is warm and helpful and everything is new and clean.
Be aware with taxis from the airport: they'll try to charge you 20 soles, but taxis out of the gate will ask 6 soles.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This hotel is definitely a gem. The staff was incredibly friendly. Our trip began with complimentary pick up from the airport. During my time in Cusco I experienced some high altitude illness and the staff definitely went out of their way to help make me feel more comfortable, including bringing me tea and helping us order in food when I didn't feel up to going out. The breakfast was good and was definitely filling. Similar to other reviews, it did get cold. However the down comforters and space heaters quickly resolved that! The hotel is a 5 to 10 minute walk to the plaza area. We felt comfortable walking during the day and night. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Cusco area as it offers a good location, value and is in a quiet area.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Totally exceeded my expectation eventhough the taxi driver could not find it for 30 min and there was no heater in my room but they warm my bed with rubber water warmer. The lady of the house did everything for me...from arranging me the day tour and take me there, help me with laundry neatly folded when I get back, arrange me a taxi very early (5:30) in the morning for the airport with small hot breakfast. When I check out, she even gave me machu picchu pin for souvenior! She even walked me to the taxi and had a very warm good-bye. My first day breakfast probably one of the best I had in Cuzco- sliced/peeled tomatoes & avocadoes, fresh coffee ( not instant), fresh papaya & pineapple juice, scrambled eggs, and bread & jam/butter. It was totally worth it...

Room Tip: my Wifala room had not heater. Not sure about the other room..
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Who has ever been in winter in Peru knows that especially the nights can be chilly. This hotel even includes a heating in every room !
Apart from this, the modern looks (everything is brand new and in a very fashionable style) made our stay really pleasant.
The hotel is in a quiet area next to a temple, near to both the airport and the city center, though not walking distance.
We had our dinner round the corner on the main street in a local chicken shop, which cost us for two mains, a salad, a bottle of beer and soft drinks 28 Soles (!)- the same price one bottle of beer would cost in Machupicchu.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Water heater did not function well at first 2 nights but no more problem when changed to another room, a little bit noisy, location not near Plaza de Arma. But staff served with heart and very helpful to solve your problem. Good breakfast.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The staff at Wifala were beyond friendly and did everything they could to make us fee welcome. We stayed a total of 8 nights. The rooms were super clean and well designed. The breakfast was nice and they even let us use the kitchen to heat up some soup. Its about a 10 min walk or 5 min taxi ride to plaza de armas. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Staff could not be friendlier, though we spoke little spanish and them only a little english, they went out of their way to help us and make sure our stay was great. Even made us breakfast to go and arranged a taxi when we checked out very early to start our Macchu Picchu trek!

It's a new hotel (I think they said it's been open about a month as of July 2012) and the room we had was quite small, but very clean. The shower however was large. Included breakfast was fresh breads, cheeses, and jams, with coffee or coca tea, may include some meat or eggs depending on the day.

It is about a 10-15min walk away from the main tourist areas, which we liked because it was a nice quiet neighborhood. Otherwise, can take a taxi from most anywhere in the city to the hotel for 3-5 soles (<$2). One tip, since most drivers don't know the hotel, it is right next to Templo de Recoleta, which the drivers all know. Also, be sure to grab the map/hotel card when you check in so you can get back easily.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple