“The ultimate Peruvian experience...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quechuas Expeditions

Quechuas Expeditions
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Quechuas Expeditions(Small and private Groups Specialists)The Best Local Tour Operator Sustainable tourism consists on providing direct and/or indirect benefits to the communities that are visited. Whenever it is possible, this is done through sustainable activities that protect the environment and the participation in social projects that help local communities and protected areas, always providing a high quality service.Being ecologically responsible on a trip doesn’t mean sacrificing the quality of the stay nor the travel plans. It basically consists on planning the visit in a more conscientious way.We firmly believe the communities visited must get a direct benefit, whenever possible, through the sustainable trips, environment protection, and social projects.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Huntington Beach, California
“The ultimate Peruvian experience...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

A group of seven of us from California decided to plan a trip to Peru. We settled on a four day hike, ending the fifth day at Machu Picchu. Carlos was our guide and he did a fantastic job. He made the hike lots of fun, even when the hike became challenging. Carlos also knew lots of facts along the trail and Machu Picchu to educate us in Incan culture. The food was delicious and they always kept us well feed. We did encounter some rain during our hike, but our belongings that we had transported to camp by horse was dry when we arrived. There was plenty of opportunities to buy snacks and water along the trail which helps put your mind at ease. I would definitely recommend zip lining and hitting up the hot springs, and Carlos coordinated all that for us, so we literally had nothing to worry about. I would definitly recommend Quechuas Expeditions to anyone that is considering a hike to Machu Picchu and requesting Carlos as there guide. All around great experience!

Brighton, Michigan
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“3 day/2 night Expedition”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I really like Quechuas Expeditions. We did a private group of two persons, guide Victor Hugo (Chulo) and our porters. I much prefer a small group so I can ask questions when they arise and if either of us needed help along the way, the guide stayed with the one who needed it the most. I had to take my time going up and Mike had to take his time going down. I was impressed not only with Chulo's knowledge of the Inca history but equally important to me were the birds and flowers I came across. It was hard to stump him on a flower's name and equally important some of the history of where the flowers are found.

We did this trek in 2.25 days which I don't recommend unless your are in very good shape. Our first night's stay was with below Dead Woman's Pass with other groups that were already completing their second day. I am very glad I trained back at home for 9 moths prior to starting out but I am 60 years old too and needed to remain in top shape to do this.. In Michigan, there are very few hills to practice on and certainly you can't compensate for altitude but I did walk every day 3 to 5 miles with a 30 pound pack at 3.5 mph to get the equal work out I would experience on the trail.

Do yourself a favor and pay for an extra porter so your pack contains ONLY the essentials you need for the day such as water and a rain coat. Every extra pound will be very noticeable near 13,000 feet msl. I carried near 15 lbs and I felt it! Make your ascent according to your own pace.... do your own climb and don't be intimidated by others ... a golden rule I have learned from motorcycling through out the years.

Chulo was a great guide. We kept it light, happy and plenty of jokes and smiles along the way. It made the difficult climbs and descents go by rather well. His knowledge of Machu Picchu was spot on and after our tour of the ruins, remained with us till securely at our hotel in Aguas Calientes. All-in-All, a very memorable trip. Gracias amigos por mucho divertido, comedas buenas, y vistas maravaillos!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank Robert K
Jacksonville, Florida
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Really enjoyed our Inca Trail trek with Quechuas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We picked Quechuas because they specialize in small groups. Though we didn't sign up for a private trek, our family of five ended up with a private trek which was great because we went at our own pace. On day 2, we mistakenly opted for lunch after Dead Woman's Pass and then took a long time to get to camp. The cook sent porters out to meet us along the way with sandwiches and hot tea. Overall, food was wonderful - our cook even made us a cake! Tents were warm and dry. Sleeping bags were warm and new. Our guide spoke English well and was knowledgeable on the plants and animals, as well as on local people and the Inca. His Quechuan heritage probably helped give us a better understanding of the land and people.

1 Thank Julia B
Warsaw, Warszawa, Poland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“City Tour, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I am a tour leader from Poland. Quechuas Expeditions was organising for me tours many times - city tours in Cusco and sourroundings, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, Inka Trail. They have very good buses and guides. They recomend good hotels. Service is very good.Just could be cheaper.

Visited August 2012
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank Ola P
Melbourne
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Very professional tour, and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We did the four day Macchu Picchu trail with Quechuas and found them extremely professional and helpful, as well as providing a friendly atmosphere. The pre trip organization was comprehensive, with a good explanation of how things worked. The trip itself was outstanding, with everything working well, and a happy group of travelers and guides, porters and cook. We would thoroughly recommend them as a reliable company for the Inca Trail.

Visited October 2012