“Unforgettable Peru Experience with Auqui Peru!”

Auqui Peru Mountain Spirit
Ranked #201 of 964 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: AUQUI PERU MOUNTAIN SPIRIT, It is a tourism company with office in Cusco Peru. With the primary purpose in the global and individual development of the different communities located in the Peruvian Andes, these population who are descendents of ancient Peruvian citizens, the Inkas. These descendents have been forgotten for the governments thru the years, in the meaning subjects in life such as education, feeding, health, and other basic things.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Our family researched several agencies before deciding on Auqui Peru, and we definitely made the right choice! Before arriving in Peru, the reservations staff answered our requests promptly and completely. Once we arrived in Cusco, our guide, Miguel, met us at the airport and got us to our hotel. During our stay in Cusco, we had a tour of the city of Cusco and the ruins of Sacsayhuaman, followed by a 5D/4N Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu with Auqui Peru. Miguel was our guide for all of this, and he was funny, sweet and very considerate. He made the trip a very special experience, and I highly recomend his services. Our cook for the trek was Cesario, who was AMAZING! He always had hot, delicious meals waiting for us, with a lot of variety.

If you do end up deciding on a Salkantay trek, the optional hike to the Llactapata ruins on day four in a must! The views are incredible, and the ruins interesting.

1  Thank Stephany C
in 7 reviews
"treks"
"camping"

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We (3 persons) choosed Auqui Perù because of their involvement in the community, for 2 private tours, the Maras Moray and Salineras day tour and the Vilcabamba trek and we were very very satisfied. They always considered our needs and more. On the Vilcabamba trek, one of us had altitude problems and they had a horse to help her climb the hills. Their cook provided us always good, diversified and tasty complete meals, soup, choice of main course and dessert and even a farewell cake for our last breakfast. The horsemen were also quite polite and helpfull even if their spanish was quite basic (quechua was their language) with a lot of human respect. 2 times a day we had hot water with towels... I've done many treks in different countries and it was the first time a trek operator provided towels for the guests. Their tents were also of good quality. But on top of all that good service was our guides, Julio for the day tour and «Big Willy» for the trek. He speeks, english, spanish and quechua and he is a descendant of natives who knows very well the area and knows how to communicate his love and attachment to his country and roots to the tourist. His brief ceremony to mother earth and to the mountains, with us and all his team, on top of Yanakasa pass was very touching and interesting. He also talked a lot about the Incas, their traditions and habits and we couldn't ask for a better guide at the Machu Picchu. Thanks Auqui Perù team.

1  Thank yvonandreanne
Reviewed May 19, 2012

My family and I had the most amazing 4-day hiking/camping experience on our way to see Machu Picchu, thanks to the outstanding service and professionalism of Big Willy and his crew of Auqui Peru. We requested a private tour since I wan unsure how my 11-year old daughter would do on the hike, expecting her to possibly slow us down a bit. WRONG! I was affected a bit by the altitude and my wife was still recovering from something bad she had eaten. We were the ones who slowed down our daughter. GREAT JOB Baby Girl! Getting back to Big Willy and crew, they had 3 horses/mules, 3 workers and an English speaking guide. The two cooks would hike ahead and set-up camp for lunch/dinner and tents. Everything was clean and tasted great. The trip was worth every penny. They prefer to be paid in US currency, and you can pay in advance by going to any bank and making a deposit into his account that Big Willy will provide to you in advance. Again, worth every cent and more once you realize what a wonderful experience and professional team Big Willy has to offer.

2  Thank EJSilva
Reviewed May 1, 2012

When I attended a seminar in Cusco, I decided to extend my stay for another day, for a tour in Machu Picchu, a site that I have always longed to know and wanted to take full advantage of the visit in addition to having a pleasant day. I decided to have a guide and hire a company to take care of details of transport and logistics in general. I found Auqui Peru by chance on the internet but from the first contact with the company until the moment that the guide BigWilly brought me back to the hotel, I was sure of having made ​​the right choice. I strobgly recommend Auque Peru Mountain Spirit

1  Thank Dianaoyasawyer
See more reviews
Reviewed April 11, 2012

So many great things to say and so little space to say it in.

1 - Auqui Peru Mountain Spirit strikes the perfect mix of high quality service at the right price. There is a huge disparity in price and comfort among the Machu Picchu trekking companies and for the most part one will get what they pay for. If you go super cheap then I can assure you that you will hate your trek. That said, the law of diminishing returns applies to trekking companies and regardless of what you pay there is only so much comfort the porters can provide. The big name companies charge a surplus because they can, not because they are better. They have the name and therefore charge extra. Billy Willy has been guiding treks for ages and is revered by everyone in the region. He might as well be the major and is received as such by everyone he comes in contact with. He worked for those big name companies for years and saved money to start up Auqui Peru Mountain Spirit. With him you get the experience and comfort without paying for the big name surplus.

2 - Big Willy has an amazing spirit and makes you feel like family. He makes every effort to ensure you have the time of your life. He realizes that the trek is a journey and does an amazing job of tying it all together at Machu Picchu on the final day.

3 - The awesome and abundant food.

4 - Superb equipment! As I said previously, Big Willy has decades of experience but only a few years running Auqui Peru Mountain Spirit. He saved his money and then bought all new equipment when he started the business.

5 - We liked Big Willy and Auqui Peru Mountain Spirit so much that we returned to Cuzco and went on another trek with him. hehe

Ok one last note to give everyone the warm fuzzy. Though he may have changed things but at the time of our trek Big Willy wanted cash up front. Many of our group mates were a little concerned about that. He then said he could take a credit card but there would be a fee...something big like 8%. This too concerned us. This is normal for Peru. We stayed in Peru for 3 months traveling around and everyone wanted cash up front and would gladly take a CC but charge some ridiculous percentage.

Ok, enjoy MP