Wakapunku Hotel Boutique
$162
$149
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationfree wifi in roomhot watercontinental stylecomfortable bedtwo blockshelped us planthe main squaresan blassafe locationhistoric cuscooffer freelarge roombreadsmall hotelinca trailwould stay here again
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Really excellent staff, especially Dianne who went out of her way to accommodate us for our return trip. We stayed twice :) . The room was really comfortable and clean and spacious and the breakfast supplied in the morning was just right. We were really happy with the location, close to the main square and restaurants etc.

Room Tip: Choose the double room with the balacony it's really spacious.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stayed at Wakapunku for two days during a brief trip to Cuzco. I primarily stayed because of its excellent reviews and its location in the middle of San Blas (where I wanted to be). It's an easy walk to the Plaza de Armas and other locations. I even walked from the hotel to Sacsayhuaman (although the close proximity doesn't eliminate the challenge of that hill at that altitude!)

The hotel feels secure (front door locked and opened only when the bell is rung). The room itself was cozy, and had a TV, shower, and better than average bathroom soaps and such. The hotel had wifi, but I think it wasn't working quite right one night, because the second night it was fine. It was summer there, but the room had an additional heater just in case. There was just enough extra floor space for a little yoga in the room. Breakfast is provided from 5-10am. I did not partake of their breakfast due to my diet preferences, but it was definitely a step up from continental.

I have to take away a star because my room (#1) was right next to the kitchen, and its also the closest to the front door. This means you can hear all the kitchen noise at breakfast starting as soon as they open. It also means you can hear the front door bell ringing whenever the other guests start returning at all hours. if you are a light sleeper (like me) I recommend earplugs or requesting a room other than #1.

Room Tip: Avoid Room #1 if you are a light sleeper. It's too close to the kitchen and front door.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

You can easily miss this hotel walking along the streets of Cusco. Luckily we peeked in when someone else walked in and was immediately attracted by the chic modern reception area. The price was below what we expected from the quality of the hotel, and the rest of our stay continued to exceed our expectations in all areas. The well-designed modern rooms were clean and cozy. The shower head was awesome and the hot water was abundant, which was much needed after a rainy day at Machu Picchu. The cafe/eating area is filled with sunlight and packed with fresh breakfast items. And best of all each and every single staff we've encountered in the hotel was extremely friendly and helpful. We also spoke very little Spanish and had no problem communicating with any of the staff in English. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Jenny S
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights during our trip to Peru and loved it! The room was clean, large, and modern with a great bathroom. My advice is to request one of the rooms with a balcony - they're larger. Breakfast was small but filling and we were never hungry. The location is fantastic! Just a couple of blocks off of the main square. Staff was always friendly and helpful if we ever had a question. Wish we had stayed in Cusco longer!

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony are larger
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Desiree T
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was my second visit to Cusco and at this time, I only stayed at this hotel (for three nights). This hotel is comfortable and well maintained. All the staffs are kind enough and the food (breakfast) is okay.

Wifi is strong (somewhat getting weaker at evening times). Shower facility is well equipped and has enough hot water.

Cons: The room is somewhat warm at night and humid.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple