“Amazing Pizza!!”

Dining options: Late Night
Cusco, Peru
“Amazing Pizza!!”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I went to this pizzeria because a friend told me about it and seriously was great plus the waiter Miguel was very kind and always smiling ,

I highly recommend this place to everyone!.

• Visited February 2014

St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Cozy Wood-Fired Gem”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We also stumbled out of our hotel (Rumi Punku - just up the street from Dinos) and, as we were being pelted by huge hailstones, we ducked into Dino's. So glad we did. It's small, only 5 tables or so, but the food was gorgeous, with everything was made from scratch. The "kitchen" is just a corner of the restaurant by the wood oven so you can see the cooks in action. Keeping the oven going and at the right temperatire is an art in itself. Great pizza, a wonderful lasagne bolognesa, not to mention the free oregano garlic bread, and the owner also found time to play the guitar in the background. We went back a second time it was just as good.

• Visited November 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“our go to resturaunt”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Our first night in Cusco we stumbled upon this small diner as it was right across from the hotel we were staying at (Rumi Punko). We ended up going back 3 more times throughout our trip. The waitress (and possible part owner?) actually was brought up in the USA, but moved to Peru after she was done University. Being only able to speak English myself, it was such a nice surprise to speak to someone who knew the lay of the land in perfect English.

The food was great, over the course of a few days we tried the alpaca steak, a shredded chicken dish (which I've forgotten the name of), pizza, and burgers - all of which were great! Everything was well priced and tasty. The free garlic bread with the pizza was excellent.

Small place, good to go to for an easy and simple meal.

The only complaint I had (and its a small one) was that there was a TV that was always on.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Brenna C
Oakland, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Value, quality and cozy local place.”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is a small place near our hotel. We had passed several times and I had noticed the wood oven. We just spent $40 on drinks in a fancy hotel and wanted something reasonable and light, so I thought of Dino's. What a nice treat. Super friendly, cozy, casual place with excellent wood fired pizza. Very reasonable and I was impressed with the attention that went into preparing the pizza, focus on every detail. Highly recommend!

• Visited October 2013
“Really wanted to like it”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The waitress was the nicest, sweetest person so I really wanted to like this restaurant. The free garlic bread was good. The pizza came out with a great presentation from the wood burning oven. I had one bite of the pizza and wanted to gag. The cheese tasted like it was fermented. The thin crust was not crispy or flavorful. This was the worst pizza I've ever eaten. I feel bad giving a bad review, but I do want to save all the TripAdvisors from eating a bad meal. My husband and I were really disappointed. We ended up paying for the large pizza and going down the street to Jacks.

• Visited August 2013
Michelle G, Representative at Pizzeria-Cafe Dinos, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Shannon,
Thank you for your review and please accept our sincere apologies for your experience at our pizzeria. We are very sorry that you and your husband were not satisfied with the pizza. We wish we would have known because we would not have charged you. We firmly believe that if a customer is not satisfied with the meal, he/she should not pay for it. The cheese that is used on the pizzas comes from a specific provider; after reading your review, we will be taking immediate action to ensure that we receive the best quality cheese from this provider. We believe that everyone makes mistakes, yet we feel that we are capable of improving so that this does not happen again. Once again, please accept our apologies! We hope that the rest of your trip was a pleasant one!