“our go to resturaunt” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“our go to resturaunt”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Our first night in Cusco we stumbled upon this small diner as it was right across from the hotel we were staying at (Rumi Punko). We ended up going back 3 more times throughout our trip. The waitress (and possible part owner?) actually was brought up in the USA, but moved to Peru after she was done University. Being only able to speak English myself, it was such a nice surprise to speak to someone who knew the lay of the land in perfect English.

The food was great, over the course of a few days we tried the alpaca steak, a shredded chicken dish (which I've forgotten the name of), pizza, and burgers - all of which were great! Everything was well priced and tasty. The free garlic bread with the pizza was excellent.

Small place, good to go to for an easy and simple meal.

The only complaint I had (and its a small one) was that there was a TV that was always on.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brenna C

Oakland, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Value, quality and cozy local place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is a small place near our hotel. We had passed several times and I had noticed the wood oven. We just spent $40 on drinks in a fancy hotel and wanted something reasonable and light, so I thought of Dino's. What a nice treat. Super friendly, cozy, casual place with excellent wood fired pizza. Very reasonable and I was impressed with the attention that went into preparing the pizza, focus on every detail. Highly recommend!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Really wanted to like it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The waitress was the nicest, sweetest person so I really wanted to like this restaurant. The free garlic bread was good. The pizza came out with a great presentation from the wood burning oven. I had one bite of the pizza and wanted to gag. The cheese tasted like it was fermented. The thin crust was not crispy or flavorful. This was the worst pizza I've ever eaten. I feel bad giving a bad review, but I do want to save all the TripAdvisors from eating a bad meal. My husband and I were really disappointed. We ended up paying for the large pizza and going down the street to Jacks.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Michelle G, Representative at Pizzeria-Cafe Dinos, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Shannon,
Thank you for your review and please accept our sincere apologies for your experience at our pizzeria. We are very sorry that you and your husband were not satisfied with the pizza. We wish we would have known because we would not have charged you. We firmly believe that if a customer is not satisfied with the meal, he/she should not pay for it. The cheese that is used on the pizzas comes from a specific provider; after reading your review, we will be taking immediate action to ensure that we receive the best quality cheese from this provider. We believe that everyone makes mistakes, yet we feel that we are capable of improving so that this does not happen again. Once again, please accept our apologies! We hope that the rest of your trip was a pleasant one!
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Excellent garlic bread and very friendly.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

After the long train ride from Machu Picchu we were in the mood for something simple and fast. Dinos was just down from our hotel, so we stopped in. The pizzas are cooked on a wood oven, which keeps the restaurant nice and warm on a chilly night. After ordering our black olive, onion, mushroom and red pepper pizza we were presented with complimentary garlic bread. The garlic bread was outstanding and the pizza was great also. Our waitress was super friendly. All in all a great find that I'd definitely recommend.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lima, Peru
“The most delicious pizza in a beautiful city!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We usually travel around Peru on business, checking out new places to eat as well. While we were in Cusco,we found this pizzeria, which was close to our hostal. We decided to order a couple of pizzas and two Pisco Sours. It was wonderful to dine on freshly-made, delicious pizzas! We had to wait for a little while, but during our wait we were given free garlic bread. Well, with regards to the pizzas, I have to say that we were left with the impression that these were the best pizzas we have tasted in Cusco. I think it was the thin crust and the amount of cheese...both delicious! I say this because we have eaten in other places and we are pizza-lovers. We completely recommend this pizzeria!

• Visited July 2013