“Value, quality and cozy local place.”

Pizzeria-Cafe Dinos
Ranked #172 of 770 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Pizza, Soups
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is a small place near our hotel. We had passed several times and I had noticed the wood oven. We just spent $40 on drinks in a fancy hotel and wanted something reasonable and light, so I thought of Dino's. What a nice treat. Super friendly, cozy, casual place with excellent wood fired pizza. Very reasonable and I was impressed with the attention that went into preparing the pizza, focus on every detail. Highly recommend!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The waitress was the nicest, sweetest person so I really wanted to like this restaurant. The free garlic bread was good. The pizza came out with a great presentation from the wood burning oven. I had one bite of the pizza and wanted to gag. The cheese tasted like it was fermented. The thin crust was not crispy or flavorful. This was the worst pizza I've ever eaten. I feel bad giving a bad review, but I do want to save all the TripAdvisors from eating a bad meal. My husband and I were really disappointed. We ended up paying for the large pizza and going down the street to Jacks.

Michelle G, Representative at Pizzeria-Cafe Dinos, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Shannon,
Thank you for your review and please accept our sincere apologies for your experience at our pizzeria. We are very sorry that you and your husband were not satisfied with the pizza. We wish we would have known because we would not have charged you. We firmly believe that if a customer is not satisfied with the meal, he/she should not pay for it. The cheese that is used on the pizzas comes from a specific provider; after reading your review, we will be taking immediate action to ensure that we receive the best quality cheese from this provider. We believe that everyone makes mistakes, yet we feel that we are capable of improving so that this does not happen again. Once again, please accept our apologies! We hope that the rest of your trip was a pleasant one!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

After the long train ride from Machu Picchu we were in the mood for something simple and fast. Dinos was just down from our hotel, so we stopped in. The pizzas are cooked on a wood oven, which keeps the restaurant nice and warm on a chilly night. After ordering our black olive, onion, mushroom and red pepper pizza we were presented with complimentary garlic bread. The garlic bread was outstanding and the pizza was great also. Our waitress was super friendly. All in all a great find that I'd definitely recommend.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We usually travel around Peru on business, checking out new places to eat as well. While we were in Cusco,we found this pizzeria, which was close to our hostal. We decided to order a couple of pizzas and two Pisco Sours. It was wonderful to dine on freshly-made, delicious pizzas! We had to wait for a little while, but during our wait we were given free garlic bread. Well, with regards to the pizzas, I have to say that we were left with the impression that these were the best pizzas we have tasted in Cusco. I think it was the thin crust and the amount of cheese...both delicious! I say this because we have eaten in other places and we are pizza-lovers. We completely recommend this pizzeria!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Pizza was excellent! "Al Horno" baked. Service - efficient and pleasant, done with a smile. Three out of five of us speak Spanish proficiently, but if needed, the waitress speaks impeccable English. Quaint. Coffee House/Café atmosphere. Only drawback, a bit "smoky" from the pizza oven. I would eat here again, if/when I return. Very enjoyable! The manager, Miguel A Quispe Dinos, also serves as a tour guide (according to his business card).