“The ideal tour operator”

View Peru & Signatures
Small Group Cusco City Tour and 04 nearby Ruins
Ranked #36 of 463 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Peru & U plan, organize, and operate a variety of affordable Peru Travel packages and tours in Bolivia. These low-cost options leave every day of the year, which means you have the flexibility of choosing exactly what travel dates work best for you.
New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The ideal tour operator”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My recently concluded 2-week trip to Peru was the first time I used a travel agency to get my stuff organized, as I usually prefer to be independent and do all by myself. My experience with View Peru and Marco might change that. Marco's professionalism impressed me from the first contact I had with him. Very responsive to my needs, Marco taylored an itinerary around my preferences, spending the time necessary to figure those out. Then he re-did everything as I changed my mind. And he re-did it again, and again. All my questions were answered promptly and to my satisfaction. On site, Marco and his team very simple splendid. Always on time, they took care of all the logistic, so that I could concentrate on discovering Peru. All the transfers/tickets/activities/ etc were flawlessly organized. For some of the activities I joined larger groups (I was traveling alone). I only experienced top quality service providers. The Inca Train (an amazing experience) was enhanced by the top-quality organization that Marco used.
Special mention also to the lovely Carmel and the resourceful Alexander in Puno. They went well beyond what would be expected of a tour guide when they helped me getting to my plane on time on the way out of Puno (a strike was involved, and so was driving on unpaved roads to avoid potential protesters, all this with a 4am start to ensure I would not miss my plane). I found Peru to be very welcoming to tourists in general, but Marco, Carmel, Alexander and view Peru do set the Gold Standard for what a travel agent should be.
Many, many thanks for making this trip unforgettable (and so very easy!)

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Tolstoine

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Price Is RIGHT!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

View Peru-Golden Destinations are truly an affordable and reliable agency. There so many agencies to choose from especially when traveling to Peru. However, in terms of price and reliability...View Peru-Golden Destinations takes the cake. Their Inca trail 4 day/3night Inca trail package was only $399 per person! Marco their travel agent was highly efficient arranging everything. He went far and beyond to book the dates that I wanted due to my tight schedule. View Peru booked an amazing tour to be guided by Xtreme Tourbulencia. Their guide Raul and amazing gladiator-like porters were the most humble people. They were so punctual with all their services: pick up from hotel, arrival to inca trail, food service and inca trail guide, Machu Picchu guide..drop off after the inca trail. The trail itself was one of if not most profound experiences that I've had in my life. And genuinely, I am so grateful for having experienced it with a TRUSTING group of people who were always so concern for my safety during the trail in all aspects. Thank you.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank M3st1za
La Verne, California
“Our trip to Machu Picchu”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband , John, and I just returned from a fabulous time in Peru. We have Marco and View Peru for making our dream of seeing Machu Picchu a reality. Our guide, Alejandro, and assistants made the visit to the famous world heritage site both possible and safe and comfortable. John is handicapped (walks with two canes and sometimes in a wheelchair). Everything was expertly organized and planned for us. We would highly recommend View Peru to anyone and particularly to those with physical handicaps. The guides were very knowledgeable and spoke English. Our every need was attended to. Thank you, View Peru, for making a life-long dream come true. John Hamman and Barbara Shelton

Visited October 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great guide, prompt responses!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

we did the the short inca trail hike for 2 days with Raul it was great and the guide was helpful, friendly and provided great history for the trip.

In booking the trip Marco was quite prompt and friendly. We had to pay ahead of time which made me a bit nervous, but after reading other reviews, I felt that nervousness go away... and was pleased with the service we were offered.

Marco communicated within 24 hours of any emails... which definitely was great. Upon our arrival in Cusco a representative met us at the hotel to discuss travel logistics and provide our materials so that we were well prepared. We at first thought this was an inconvenience but after the hike-tour felt it was definitely necessary.

The pick up and drop off were great, guide service great (he kept us on pace) and definitely the hike was strenuous, I would highly recommend it but before you go be in shape. It is up hills-stairs and downstairs and you just want to be careful with your knees.

We arrived at the Sun Gate of Machu Picchu in the late afternoon and it was clear and beautiful, and we got great photos. We stayed in a 2 star hotel which was not as nice, in second thought I would definitely have preferred if we upgraded the hotel since the hike was strenuous and we planned to also hike Huyana Picchu the next day, it would have been nicer to be a bit more comfortable. The restaurant was also great. The next day we toured and it finished at 10am, we then did our own hike of ]Huyana Picchu which was fantastic! and hard. But well worth it, definitely tests your stomach with heights. The upgrade to the faster train is also highly recommended you are tired-dirty and just want to get home after a while.

Visited October 2013
Napa
“5 Star Superior Service and Value”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Marco, Fredy and View Peru offers excellent professional service and value. I have had positive experiences the moment I started emailing Marco about Machu Picchu. His replys (via email and telephone) are timely and thorough. Fredy is great. Available 24/7, bilingual, and not only made sure I had a memorable experience, but made sure I was satisfied. Their experience in the tourism industry is finely demonstrated in their professionalism and knowledge. Did I mention, View Peru did an excellent job logistically planning transportation to and from the hotel, the train ride to Machu Picchu, and accommodations at Aguas Calientes. They arranged a private MP tour with an experienced 20+ year AC resident and guide Romolo. (Claim to fame by running the Inca Trail from KM 88 to MP in 6.5 hours.) Overall, an excellent value for the $ and I highly recommend using VP. Enjoy your vacation and have VP worry about making your trip right and memorable.

Visited September 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction