“Machu Picchu tickets”

Machu Picchu Standard Entrance Ticket
Ranked #61 of 673 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: View Peru & Signatures is a Peru and Bolivia based, licensed and insured tour operator with our specialty being to offer you Selected and handcrafted Bolivia and Peru luxury travel packages in the industry.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

After trying unsuccessfully to purchase Machu Picchu tickets in advance of our trip from the Govt website , Marco was very responsive to my request for assistance and I received the tickets within 3 days of paying for them. He also included guidance on how to check the tickets he sent me on the governement website to confirm their validity.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
in 6 reviews
"unforgettable experience"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Booked Machu Picchu tickets with View Peru when I couldn't get the Gov't website to work properly through to the purchase point. Marco at View Peru was great. Very timely response to e-mails and the tickets couldn't have been easier to secure. Thank you!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed July 22, 2013

we booked machu picchu tickets through this agency. the service provided was ok, but not as excellent as they claim.

the very good: we travelled south america and cusco / machu picchu were only one of many stations. so we did not know when we would arrive in the area and therefore could order our tickets only approx. ten days beforehand. despite this we got our tickets in time, in the nick of time though.

the not so good: even though we handed in all requested information form and the credit card transaction had been completed some time before, we did not received the tickets until the night before we wanted to go to machu picchu. but at this point we had already bought all the train ticket (150 per person, to and from), relying on and hoping that we would get the tickets for machu picchu eventually.

so that evening we arrived fairly late in cusco coming from an area with not or very limited internet access. we instantly called, texted and mailed the agency. after some effort we finally got an email with the tickets. this was after the official closing hours of the agency and after a few rather anxious moments.

so on one side it was cool that they reacted and responded to our inquiries. on the other side they seem to have forgotten us and we were lucky that we reached cusco in time to react.

despite this i might give them another chance if i ever came back to peru.

1  Thank yetanotherbackpacker
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Marco Antonio put me on a hotel from hell.marco did a bait and switch in which he told me from my home in Texas that he gave me the name of the hotel I was supposed to stay which was Lucky Your House but when I got to puno it was a different hotel and the hotel receptionist did not have our reservation. I spoke to Marco about how I was not satisfied with the hotel and that night I was cold and was unable to sleep because of the noise.the Vargas inn no heating, no hot water,maintenance men were drunk.

2  Thank Juan B
ViewPeru, Guest Relations Manager at View Peru & Signatures, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Readers,

These customers requested a downgraded version of our 2 star Puno Classic Tour which includes the Lucky your House 2 star Hotel and they requested basic hostels. Indicating that it was only the night, they said that they just needed a bed to sleep, we don´t have hostels in our Hotel List but as this was a special request we provided the Vargas Inn hostal.

Me, as the founder and director took the decision to give you a free upgrade for your second night in a 3 star superior hotel, I think you forgot to mention about this upgrade.

We also provided excellent support with our local assistants and guide during the tours in Cuzco and Puno, not mentioned in this reviews for a reason you might know, all services purchased were provided and although we are not responsible for the hotel grading system in Peru, we did offer basic hostel as per their request for one night with a free upgrade.

We therefore cannot accept the comments from these clients but will forward their comments to the hostel concerned and of course we will not work with them for a second time.