“A world class hotel”

Belmond Palacio Nazarenas
Ranked #1 of 171 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This hotel is now on our list of the finest hotels in the world. It is charming and personal. The restoration has been thoughtfully and exquisitely done. The rooms are spacious and perfectly decorated and equipped. Each room is unique so be sure to let the staff know what you like when you reserve. We enjoyed the bar and restaurant on several occasions. The breakfast was a 'personal buffet' - which meant a perfect assortment of goodies were delivered to you...no picking through a buffet - wonderful idea!The staff were lovely and committed to making our stay wonderful - which it was! It was particularly nice to get a break from the large crowds of tourists and enjoy this little elegant oasis. The only challenge we had was with the reliability of the internet - I am sure this has been fixed by now. My deepest regret is that we won't be able to go to this hotel on a regular basis.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Edward068
oeperu, Director General at Belmond Palacio Nazarenas, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Edward,

Thank you for sharing here on Trip Advisor.

Indeed, as you mention the rooms are all very distinct and if any preferences it is allways great to receive these to best assign the room, all are great dough…

The Internet has now been revised and the optic fibre in the street has been replaced by our provider.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed here during our tour to Macchu Picchu over the Christmas/New Year's holidays. We've stayed at a lot of nice places and I agree with more than one reviewer that this was easily the nicest stay I've EVER had ANYWHERE for a number of reasons. 1. The Staff- nicest, most respectful, genuinely helpful and caring staff I've ever encountered. When we left my wife cried and hugged our personal butler Barnaby. 2. The setting. An old monastery recently renovated.To have the history, character, and beautiful serenity of the place with all the modern amenities, like radiant heat in the bathrooms, oxygen pumped into the rooms, etc...was amazing. ..this hotel has more character than anywhere I've ever stayed. 3.Attention to detail. From the hot cup of coca tea they offer when you arrive to the bellman taking your bags out of your room to the front on the day of your departure to the turn down service and little treats on your pillow....you want your butler to make you a pisco sour at night? Done. have him draw a bath with a selection of oils and herbs? Done. Example. On our first night, at turn down, they laid out a pair of his and hers slippers on the floor near the bed. My wife and I switched sides in order to sleep where we were accustomed. I guess we left the slippers by the bed the next day. That next evening at turn down the staff placed the slippers on the right side of the bed for us! They noted the change and remembered it. It's a little detail but indicative of our whole stay, incredible service and attention to detail, but behind the scenes, not at all stuffy or overbearing. The manager's happy hour reception in the bar was fun too, nice chance to mingle with interesting people from all over the world. We've already "done" Macchu Picchu but I would go back to Cusco just to stay at this hotel for a few days. Highly recommended without reservations!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank RckyMtnDoc
oeperu, Director General at Belmond Palacio Nazarenas, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

RckyMtnDoc,

Realy good to read your review, thank you!!
As you can imagine what we love to read most is regarding the service, the people. Words like “Genuinely helpful, respectful and caring” are great and go up on the wall for all to see. Service is where the difference lays indeed
With warmest regards and hopefully until soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Just adding some photos to my October 25 2013 review:
"Let me just add my voice to the chorus. This is simply one of the finest hotels anywhere. The room was terrific, the restaurant and bar first class, and the service was above and beyond. Highly recommend a stay on your way to or from Machu Pichu."

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank pvguy90274

Dear MilouA,

It was great to have you all with us over the festive season!

Hope to see you back soon and in the meanwhile, thank you for your comments!

Warmest,

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I cannot say enough about this hotel. From the moment you check in you feel like you are royalty. We booked suites in the new section next door to each other - one for me and one for my adult son. Amazing views of the mountains, breakfast on the terrace, Incredibly well appointed rooms complete with a bar, espresso machine. The oxygen pumped into the rooms helped with the adaption to the altitude. I had a woozy night with dinner in my room - cozy and just what I needed to get ready for the next day of sight seeing. Had a massage the next morning which was probably the best I ever - and get regular massages. The beauty of the place - old walls from the Inca, blended with new construction is wonderful. Hidden gardens, winding passageways. Staff is very helpful. Just loved our stay. We will be back!

Room Tip: Top floor suite overlooking Cusco and Andes. Heavenly!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ranchmama
oeperu, Director General at Belmond Palacio Nazarenas, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Ranchmama,

Wonderful review and thank you for your time in sharing it.

Our rooms are just perfect to be enjoyed and spend some time in during your stay, even dough Cusco and surroundings have soo much to see. It’s a trend we see more and more with our guests.

Looking forward to have you back with us.

Warmest

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Palacio Nazarenas is definitely a wonderful to stay in and one the best Palace I ever been to.
From the breakfast to the diner the meals are very tasteful. I recommended to try the fresh juice of orange tuna ( local fruit) it is very addicted ans sweet!!! The restaurant Chef is Virgilio Martinez, the same chef of Central Restaurant in Lima. It a very exclusive gastronomical restaurant, if you are looking for common meal this is not the place but if you are looking for something different and amazing you will not be disappointed. The room are very spacious, the beds are so comfortable and the bathroom are so romantics, very large as well....The pool area is very relaxing and the staff very careful. I loved the spa as well. I had a massage from Florentina and it was great. Indeed I had a very bad backache for a couple of month and she did such a good job i felt a lot better after. She customized the massage to adapt it to my needs!!!! so cool!!!!
The hotel have a secret mint garden and it smell so good...Staff is so friendly, discreet and helpful.. thanks to the restaurant staff and the little magic musician who made my every morning very friendly and peaceful...
Pet friendly which is very very rare in peru!!!
This place is the place to go in Cusco if you like Luxe and thinness at the same time... quiet and just perfect!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank milou a

Dear MilouA,

It was great to have you all with us over the festive season!

Hope to see you back soon and in the meanwhile, thank you for your comments!

Warmest,

Reviewed January 13, 2014

This Hotel is very luxurious. We stayed in September 2013 for 1 night.

We loved the room-bed (very clean and conformable), the pool, the spa and the breakfast (very good food). Nevertheless the ambience was a bit “cold”. Also the room was a bit noisy.

But if you want to pamper you, I would recommend this hotel (but ask for a room with no window to the street).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MiyanouD

Dear MiyanouD,

Thank you for letting me know these remarks, opportunities to improve for us.

I regret they affected the quality of your stay but I can tell you that the ambience will be much enhanced by the remodeling of our Senzo Restaurant - to be completed by mid March. We will create 2 smaller areas which will have more natural elements, therefore making the feel more cozy.

The window is double glazed but we are looking for options to reduce any possible noise that can come from the square or street, on top of the wooden shutters.

Do let me know when back in Peru so we can assure we achieve excellence during your stay.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Felt fantastic to step into Las Nazarenas, the flowers given by the Butler was a very nice touch, the room was awesome, the view fantastic. The pool was a dream come true. The spa was also great. Thanks!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank GarciaFelipe

More then welcome Felipe and thank you for your time to share your experience.

With best regards