Open today: 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Review Highlights
Fantastic

Our guide Lucio was amazing very knowledgeable and funny. All the info and facilities were great... read more

Reviewed today
Fi F
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
via mobile
Inca trail 2 day to macchu pichu

Javier the tour guide was amazing very informative he helped in everything we asked for , the... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Aphroditi-87
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Cusco
from $59.00
from $46.00
from $78.99
4,880 results
All reviews green machine cake inca trail chose alpaca juan carlos machu picchu every meal amazing porters amazing food amazing experience head porter soups other companies air mattress day hike these guys toilet tent
Reviewed August 13, 2018

Alpaca Expeditions is the most organized tour operator we dealt with in Cusco. Juan Carlos was a wonderful and thoughtful guide. It was raining during day one of our trek but he was so upbeat and positive it kept our spirits up. When he picked us up from the hotel he saw that we were dealing with the front desk about our lost luggage and gave the hotel his cell and asked them to call him with updates. Towards the end of day one he noticed the other couple's phones were running low on battery so he borrowed a battery pack for them to use. We really enjoyed our time with him and were sad to part ways at the end of our trek.

Our chef and his assistant also spoiled us at every meal. There was so much delicious food, we were stuffed senseless. We brought snacks but never touched them because we were so well fed. We ate at several restaurants around Cusco but each time we agreed that Alpaca's meals were so much better.

We highly recommend choosing Alpaca Expeditions for your Cusco excursions and ask for Juan Carlos!

1  Thank Cud224
Reviewed August 13, 2018

My son and I traveled to Cusco with a group to do the Salkantay trek. Ayden got sick the day we were supposed to start the hike so we had to stay in Cusco for 3 days while he was recovering from an intestinal infection. Ronaldo at Alpaca Expeditions came to see us every day to check on us: he provided information such as where to take my son to the doctor. He brainstormed options with us and helped us day by day. We were able to rejoin our group at Machu Picchu (we took the train there instead of doing the hike): Ronaldo arranged for the train + driver to get us there. The team there was really top notch - given my total lack of Spanish, having them provide support was really key in making these 3 days go as well as they could.
Like many others have testified here, I can also vouch that the guides were really great for the rest of the trip but what really stuck with me was their presence when events took us off the planned agenda and we needed to adjust quickly to help my son.

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank ademirtjis
Reviewed August 13, 2018

Alpaca expeditions by far exceeded my expectations. The tour group is very organized and conscientious. They make sure you are well informed during the entire process and give you plenty of instructions to prepare for your trek. We did the 2 day/1 night with Juan Carlos Zuloaga. Juan Carlod was amazing! Super friendly and knowledgeable. He made sure we were enjoying our time and took good care of us throughout the trek. You can tell he is a hard worker and I was impressed with his performance. Thank you Juan Carlos for a stellar experience!! The food they provided you on the trek was one of the best home cooked meals I’ve had since I was a child. They feed you well with lot of delicious traditional Peruvian dishes! I was again so impressed. They coordinate the trek very well with timing and getting to Machu Picchu etc. I love this tour group and guide and would highly recommend them again.

Date of experience: August 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

Our private group of 8 recently finished the 5 day / 4 night Inca Trail trek to Machu Picchu which exceeded our expectations. The trip itself was well organized with a clear set of expectations for each day.
Our guide Alvin was extremely knowledgeable. He would always know the perfect time to stop for educational breaks and did a great job at staying positive even when the weather was not cooportive. The head chef prepared gourmet meals for us three times a day and will cater to dietary restrictions as well. Overall, the guide, chefs, and porters were a pleasure to be around and it’s obvious to see how much they love their jobs.
I would highly recommend this company if you are looking for a challenging (yet definitely doable) hike with some great amenities (awesome food, clean tents, portable bathroom tent). Be prepared for all types of weather as we went during the dry season and had snow / rain and 80 degree days!

1  Thank jacquelinesimonian
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

All of our expectations were exceeded on our Inca trail trek! We cannot thank the porters, the chef, or our guides Joel and Issac enough. The porters work so hard and every time we go to camp everything was set up. The food was beyond amazing- we could not believe what chef Super Mario was able to create during the 4 day trek. Do not hesitate- Alpaca Expeditions is the best game in town!

Date of experience: July 2018