“Best trek I've been on!”
Review of Wayki Trek

Wayki Trek
Ranked #4 of 506 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: Wayki Trek is a highly recommended by the South American Explorers Club, Footprint Travel Guide, On the Road Travel Guide and Lonely Planet Travel Guide readers, Wayki Trek has been working with travelers on the Inca trail around Cusco since 1998. We are under indigenous management. We offer the Inca trail and alternative treks and tours in Peru.
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Our guide was brilliant, patient, knowledgeable, great fun and a joy to trek with. The pre-trek team were very helpful and accommodating when I booked it. The porters were lovely and amazingly strong and efficient. I will never forget this amazing experience!
Compared with other larger, impersonal companies I valued the local knowledge and smaller team, I would recommend this company every time!

2  Thank SarahJewell

Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely amazing experience with Wayki. Guides, cooks, porters were amazing. The owner is from outside Cusco and employs porters from his home village as well as pours funds into libraries and programs at the village. Took part in the Wayki experience at the porter village which was very memorable. Food was INCREDIBLE. Highly recommended.

3  Thank Lo4763
Reviewed December 1, 2012

What an outstanding outfit. We booked a trip with Peru for Less who subcontracts with Wayki for the Inca Trail. They could not have picked a better company. Edwin was our guide. We were a party of six and had 10 total Wayki Trek staff. These guys wait on you as if you were royalty and they earned their tips. I wished I had some more money with me. Edwin our guide met us a couple of days before and thoroughly went over what each day would consist of. He gave us maps and eased out many concerns. We started the hike at KM 22 and the Wayki staff carried everything,. They set up camp for lunch and for dinner ever day. The chef and his assistant make gourmet meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They even made cakes at night. In the morning they wake you up with Coca Tea and have hot water for you outside of your ten for you to wash up. Likewise when you get to camp in the evening they have hot water waiting for you and your tents are all set up just waiting for you to rest. Every afternoon they have happy hour with fresh popcorn where you can sit and chat with your group and then the dinner entrees start coming, The Inca Trail porters are perhaps the hardest working people you will come across in life. They pack up the camp site and load up 80 lbs and still pass you on the trail while they hustle to get to the next campsite to have everything ready for you when you arrive. Big shout out to our head porter. El Senor Angelito, who at the young age of 62 puts individual half his age to shame. Highly recommend this company--you will not be disappointed. The hike is extremely tough, even if you have trained and especially if you are over 40 but it is doable, just keep plugging along and you will be able to complete it. Special thanks to Edwin our tour guide for doing an excellent job and keeping our spirits up when we doubted ourselves and when we struggled..

1  Thank jocampo
Reviewed November 30, 2012

They are a fantastic tour group. They made a special trip like this very memorable.
I miss being on the trail. The group of porters, chef and tour guide were so caring.
Thank you so much Wayki :).

1  Thank sja021
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Wayki Trek was a fantastic tour group to hike the Inca Trail with. Our guide, Jose, was knowledgeable, passionate, friendly and encouraging. The porters and chef on our trip were beyond selfless and generous. We were fed like kings and had a wonderful experience overall. My husband and I were a little slower than the rest of our group but Jose always made us feel as though we were right on pace and doing great. We learned a ton about Inca culture as well as the ruins we passed and the nature around us. We would 100% recommend Wayki as the way to go if you're looking for an Inca Trail trek or any other in the region.

1  Thank jpressman