“Amazing menu of the day!!”

Prasada Veggie Food
Ranked #86 of 789 Restaurants in Cusco
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I ate in the Prasada restaurant because the menu of the day caught my eye; veggie parcels, wonderful rice biscuits, juice and dessert. I was very full and satisfied! The food was very good and presented well. I also looked at the menu and was spoilt for choice. The place was busy when I arrived and left. A must try for veggies and non-veggies!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is literally a hole in the wall, rather, a window that opens into the extremely tiny kitchen, with a couple of bar stools providing seating options. We tried the Argentinian burger (everything's vegetarian) and the strawberry lassi. The burger was excellent, lassi not so. They make their own hot sauce which really was spicy (unlike the aji option presented elsewhere). We'll definitely try other things on the menu the next time we're in Cusco.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Sometimes I feel I come to Cusco just to eat in Prasada on Calle Choquechaca. I believe they are the only truly vegetarian restaurant in whole Peru. Well, I guess, a ´restaurant´ is a wrong word, as they are more of a ´whole-in-the-wall´ style. But anyways, all the other pseudo-vegetarian places assume you´ve given up meat for health reasons only, so they use all sorts of its nasty substitutes like soya meat and gluten. As opposed, Prasada cooks just with veggies and nothing else, and cooks so deliciosly that even my boyfriend, a carnivore, runs there as soon as we arrive to Cusco. They are also quite cheap, which make them an even greater place!
Tip: try their Sopa Azteca and Taco Falafero, they are lip-smackingly tasty and fresh
Another tip: come before 4pm to make sure you get some delicious food, Prasada closes around that time

Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

We found the restaurant by accident and decided to try it. The food was fantastic and really cheap . I still can't believe the burgers were vegetarian !

Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stumbled across this restaurant whilst staying in Cusco. It is located on one of the side streets in San Blas area. I'm pretty sure it is only open for lunch as we never saw it open in the evenings on our travels. It is a little restaurant and so fills up very quickly but has a nice casual atmosphere. There is just one waiter so he was busy during the lunch rush and we had to wait to order but it was worth the wait! Plus it's pretty cheap eat so no complaints really!

They have a very cheap set menu. However unless there is something that really appeals I would opt for the sandwiches and burgers. That's what we had, a sandwich and a burger which we halved and shared. With the burger you get a massive jug of fresh juice (various choices available) which we shared, more than enough for two people. Each cost around 10 soles each (including the jug of juice with the burger deal).The sandwich and burger both came on nice European style bread (not just plain white sweet stuff that is common in Peru).

The burger was a lentil patty based. It was really tasty. The sandwich was called Hanuman. It was so, so tasty, better than the burger. It had a curry yoghurt sauce and packed full of yummy vege ingredients. The other things on the menu looked great too we never got a chance to come back though.

I would recommend this place for vegetarians and non-vegetarians too (we are the latter).It is a cheap, tasty break from standard Peruvian food. It is not strictly vegan as they serve dairy but I'm pretty sure there are some vegan options on the menu.