“Great food for cheap”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
quepos
“Great food for cheap”
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

We found the restaurant by accident and decided to try it. The food was fantastic and really cheap . I still can't believe the burgers were vegetarian !

Sydney, Australia
“Tasty and Cheap!”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stumbled across this restaurant whilst staying in Cusco. It is located on one of the side streets in San Blas area. I'm pretty sure it is only open for lunch as we never saw it open in the evenings on our travels. It is a little restaurant and so fills up very quickly but has a nice casual atmosphere. There is just one waiter so he was busy during the lunch rush and we had to wait to order but it was worth the wait! Plus it's pretty cheap eat so no complaints really!

They have a very cheap set menu. However unless there is something that really appeals I would opt for the sandwiches and burgers. That's what we had, a sandwich and a burger which we halved and shared. With the burger you get a massive jug of fresh juice (various choices available) which we shared, more than enough for two people. Each cost around 10 soles each (including the jug of juice with the burger deal).The sandwich and burger both came on nice European style bread (not just plain white sweet stuff that is common in Peru).

The burger was a lentil patty based. It was really tasty. The sandwich was called Hanuman. It was so, so tasty, better than the burger. It had a curry yoghurt sauce and packed full of yummy vege ingredients. The other things on the menu looked great too we never got a chance to come back though.

I would recommend this place for vegetarians and non-vegetarians too (we are the latter).It is a cheap, tasty break from standard Peruvian food. It is not strictly vegan as they serve dairy but I'm pretty sure there are some vegan options on the menu.

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food, great service”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I love this place! They have an 8 sole menu that is always fantastic and the service is great. I'd recommend the prasada burger, which is phenomenal.

This is the best value place I've experienced in all of Cusco. I try to eat other places and be adventurous, but the food here is so good it is hard to stop coming!

Seattle
“The Best Bang For Your Buck In Cusco”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Let me first and foremost express the fact that I am a die-hard, as rare as it comes, bloody steak eater! I am not biased hippie that needs all of my food to be organic or fair trade. I also don`t need to pinch pennies all the time and scrap by on "food" that most people wouldn`t feed their dog. That being said, I first visited the small hole in the wall Prasada next to the internet cafe by acident. Just trying to get online and book my next accomidation. I couldn`t help but marvel at the qauilty of food that was in front of its guests. My wife and I ate their the next day for lunch and were blown away. The food is amazing and it only gets better when you get your bill. I didn`t realize their was another Prasada a couple blocks up the street owned by the same couple. I couldn`t help but enjoy their food again. I already knew their sandwhiches were some of the best I have had period! (not just in Peru or South America) I mean I have visited some renound sandwhich shops in the states and this place is on par. This time I tried their set menu. Lets see what they can do on a limited budget (8 soles). Impress me with not only the low price (6-7 soles cheaper then most set menus in Cusco) but keep the quality I have come to expect. BAM! No problem. The bottem line is, if you are looking for a good lunch (oh and just happen to want to be incredably cheap) you have to visit Prasada!

Cusco, Cusco, Peru
“Best Vegetarian Food in Cusco! And CHEAP!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is a little place slightly hidden up the street from Jacks. I ate here daily for months.

I recommend everything! It is owned by a handful of Krishna's who have beautiful energy and make food with love. Everything costs around 4-7 soles (1.50-3 dollars).

Try the lentil burgers, the salad, the vegetarian and vegan lasagna, the falafel tacos, the chai, the kombucha (yes! kombucha!), and most of all, their aztec tomato soup, packed with delicious cheese and fresh tomatoes and avocado. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

• Visited March 2012