“The Best Bang For Your Buck In Cusco”

Prasada Veggie Food
Ranked #64 of 707 Restaurants in Cusco
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Seattle
“The Best Bang For Your Buck In Cusco”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Let me first and foremost express the fact that I am a die-hard, as rare as it comes, bloody steak eater! I am not biased hippie that needs all of my food to be organic or fair trade. I also don`t need to pinch pennies all the time and scrap by on "food" that most people wouldn`t feed their dog. That being said, I first visited the small hole in the wall Prasada next to the internet cafe by acident. Just trying to get online and book my next accomidation. I couldn`t help but marvel at the qauilty of food that was in front of its guests. My wife and I ate their the next day for lunch and were blown away. The food is amazing and it only gets better when you get your bill. I didn`t realize their was another Prasada a couple blocks up the street owned by the same couple. I couldn`t help but enjoy their food again. I already knew their sandwhiches were some of the best I have had period! (not just in Peru or South America) I mean I have visited some renound sandwhich shops in the states and this place is on par. This time I tried their set menu. Lets see what they can do on a limited budget (8 soles). Impress me with not only the low price (6-7 soles cheaper then most set menus in Cusco) but keep the quality I have come to expect. BAM! No problem. The bottem line is, if you are looking for a good lunch (oh and just happen to want to be incredably cheap) you have to visit Prasada!

• Visited May 2012

Cusco, Cusco, Peru
“Best Vegetarian Food in Cusco! And CHEAP!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is a little place slightly hidden up the street from Jacks. I ate here daily for months.

I recommend everything! It is owned by a handful of Krishna's who have beautiful energy and make food with love. Everything costs around 4-7 soles (1.50-3 dollars).

Try the lentil burgers, the salad, the vegetarian and vegan lasagna, the falafel tacos, the chai, the kombucha (yes! kombucha!), and most of all, their aztec tomato soup, packed with delicious cheese and fresh tomatoes and avocado. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Angelica P
“Best Veggie food in Peru”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Peru's concept of vegetarian usually means using tweezers to pull out the beef from a Spaghetti. Prasada, however, is completely vegetarian and offers dishes that rival the pricier restaurants in town. At an 8 soles menú with app, main, drink, and dessert, it's also one of the best deals around. I visited the sit down place on 7 angelicos, just up the hill from their snack bar. If you're sick of white rice and beans in mystery sauce, head here hungry vegetarians!

1 Thank DoctorToller