“Beyond Expectations”

and up
4-Day Cusco and Machu Picchu Tour
Ranked #24 of 577 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Valencia Travel Cusco. We are a tour operator in Cusco completely dedicated to the satisfaction of our clients. Our constant technological updates, planning, coordination, and hard work allow us to offer excellent services to our clients. Our clients are the focus of our business and our goal is to ensure that they have a memorable experience when entrusting us with their trip. We are a unique company, dedicated to our mission, and respectful of our values. We are proud of our country and we are eager to share our passion for Peru with our clients. We work with an excellent associate network of local and international specialists, as well as offer trips to Machu Picchu, treks like Inca Trail, Ausangate and Salkantay, and tours of Cusco City. We enjoy showing people from around the world what Peru has to offer, and we are confident that our clients will share our passion for Peru after booking a tour through Valencia Travel Cusco.
Reviewed November 30, 2012

When i was sitting at our Thanksgiving table I realized that I was very thankful that I used Valencia Travel in Cusco for our trip to Peru.Rene met us at the Cusco airport and from then on my husband and I were treated beyond our expectations.Rene drove us to our hotel so we could get settled . We were then introduced to our guideJuan Carlos Machicado Figueroa.He is an expert on Inca culture and wrote a book When "The Stones Speak "which we bought.We have enjoyed reading it and have learned so much from the contents.Juan was our guide for the city tour and the Sacred Valley Tour. Both tours were so informative and exciting.
Every detail was thought through to make our life easy and safe. Rene even came to the restaurant with us and asked the waiter to get us a taxi after dinner which was much appreciated.He drove us to the train station very early in the morning to make sure we got on the train to Aguas Calientes,He also called our hotel to make sure we met our guide and we were satisfied. He encouraged us to hike Huayna Picchu with a guide which was the best experience we had.He even drove us to the bus we were taking to Puno very early in the morning and called us when we got to Puno to make sure that every thing went well.Rene is an amazing man and our life has been enriched because we met him. Well done

11  Thank lindberk
Rosie J, customer satisfaction representative at Valencia Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2015

thank you for your review!!

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"amazing meals"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed October 29, 2012

What a great choice, We were met at the airport early in the morning with driver and representative, then we picked up our guide Persey who was with us for two days. He took us on a whirl wind tour of Cusco seeing 4 sets of Ruins, part of the old city and even had a great lunch where because he knew the folks we got fast service. ( you have to pay for your guides meals in Peru and Ecuador). He gave us lots of information about the country and the Inca ruins that we saw. He took many great pictures of us with out us having to ask him. Then they took us to our hotel in Urubamba (Tampo Del Inka). The next day they took us on wonderful tour of the sacred valley salt mines and ruins. It was fantastic. The best part of the service was that we had to be picked up at 4:15am to get to the airport to catch a 7:30am flight and they were there early to take us there. It was no worries. They really made the short experience a great one. We recommend them highly.

6  Thank JLMCELROY

thanks for your review!!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Having been someone who normally does all the organizing, planning, and guiding on trips with family and friends I know the time, effort, and patience that is involved. When my partner presented me with the initial idea of booking with a tour company, I balked and grumbled, but gave in and glad that I did. Valencia Travel does an amazing job at a very reasonable price. My partner and I felt cared for and attended to during our entire stay and I admit it was rather nice to relax for a change and not worry for anything. Hard thing for a planner with a tiny inner control freak to do, but it happened and I have Valencia Travel to thank for it. :)

Excellent Salkantay hike with our guide Santiago, whom I HIGHLY recommend, and our trek team including chef Cirilo who can do amazing things with camping cooking equipment. Franco, our assistant guide, was a paragon of patience and good humor.

**Thoughts for Salkantay - though it was a challenging trek, we are glad we went that route as it allowed for horses and, at times, vehicle transportation. If you in any way doubt your ability to trek, then keep that in mind! It also has less people on it than the traditional Inca trail does.

Beautiful landscape, delicious food, and wonderful tour operator.
Trip of a lifetime :)

6  Thank liliwarka

Super you had an awesome trek to Salkantay and thank you for the review!!!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We arrived in Cusco and Rene was waiting for us at the airport to take us to our hotel. We acclimated for 2 days upon arrival. The day before our Trek, our guide, Santiago, visited us at our hotel and briefed us on the hike, we were doing the 5d/4n Salkantay Trek. He informed us of what to expect and what to bring.

During the Trek, everything happened as expected. We did not have any surprises or unfortunate events happen. I was very slow on the trek while my companion was very fast so it was a good thing that we had 2 guides provided to us even if there was only 2 of us as we had requested for a private group.

We loved our hotel in Cusco, which Valencia picked out for us. Our hotel in Aguas Calientes was fine. We had our very own Chef, Cirillo and his assistant Rene, who cooked amazing, delicious food for us. His fried rice is tops! I have a very sensitive stomach so not getting sick is a good sign of hygiene and cleanliness. Our assistant guide, Franco, was very kind and did not leave my side for a minute.

I loved our guide, Santiago, because he really cares about his country and people. I loved, LOVED that he kept picking up all the rubbish he saw on the way. He is also very spiritual, knowledgeable and respectful of his team members and us, as his guests.

I would not hesitate to recommend Valencia travel for your Inca or Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu. I would even dare to guarantee that you would have a great time and not miss your computer too much ;-)

Thank you to Rene of Valencia Travel for taking care of us during this entire trip. I enjoyed my vacation and did not have to worry about a single thing.

6  Thank fevster

thank you for your review!!! happy to know our staff and guides were helpful along the travels!!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 24, 2012

A fantastic day with wonderful service from start to finish. Matt was very informative in the office, organising everything at short notice, and Rene even turned up early at our hostal (unheard of in S.America!) to introduce us to our guide and driver for the day. Ayul has honestly got to be the best guide I have ever come across in my travels, his head bursting with information that he couldn't wait to share. His enthusiasm and humour was infectious and we learnt so much about the history and cultures of Peru in that one day. Our driver was a real gentleman, taking care of us and ensuring our safety at all times. We couldn't have asked for more! Many thanks to everyone involved.

5  Thank SamaWilson

glad you had a memorable trip with our company!! thank you kindly for your review!