“Pie Peru Jungle Trek is a must do! - truly amazing experience!”
Review of Pie Experiences

3-Day Hike to Colca Canyon from Arequipa
Ranked #166 of 541 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Pie Experiences is a South America tour operator born out of a combination of a love for South America and our passion in tourism.We are all professionals and very experimented in the tourism industry and our programs have been planned with knowledge and details based on our experiences and on our love for traveling. We know what the quality of services means and this is always present at all times. From the first contact with us until the time that you return home. We take care of specific details including a special attention for the security. It's mean that we use the best guides, adequate vehicles and appropriates equipments. We pride ourselves on our attention to retail and customer service.We work based on long-term achievements.Also Pie Experiences offers tailor-made, individually planned itineraries for discerning travellers seeking authentic experiences in Latin America.
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Pie Peru and Henry, our guide, treated us like part of their family. From our pre-trip briefing to our departure from Machu Picchu every question was answered and every need was fulfilled. The Jungle Trek was a brilliant way to experience the inca trail with added fun and to take the boredom out from walking. I was slightly apprehensive with the 60km downhill mountain biking but Henry kept me reassured and I was able to take it at my own pace and enjoy the spectacular views!! The accommodation was always clean and comfortable and I could not fault this in any way. The food was plentiful and delicious, again, could not complain as there was something for everyone. Our 2nd day was a fairly difficult hike if you suffer from vertigo but the mountain, glacier, jungle and river views were breathtaking. To top it off the very safe and extremely fun zip wire was a once in the lifetime opportunity followed by a relaxing few hrs in the natural hot springs (actually hot and not luke warm!). The best thing about the trip, of course not counting the spectacular views, seeing Machu Picchu, and walking in the steps of the Incans was Henry, our guide. We were told that Henry was the best guide in Peru and I think he lives upto this title. Henry is so knowledgable about the ruins, temples, surrounding lands, inca period and history and always happy to answer any questions. Henry is an extremely happy chappy and made everyone smile. One last thing I would like to add is that we were on the trip in a group of 8, the youngest 22 and the eldest 54 and each and every one of us thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, the jungle trek trail keeps everyone going no matter your age or interests.

Thank you Pie Peru... You have given me a truly amazing experience I won't ever forget!!

All reviews
in 39 reviews
in 14 reviews
in 5 reviews

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Initially, through the fault of our travel agent, we realised the day before that our trip with PIE Peru was not booked.
Having spoken with Frederic and Katherine from PIE peru, they arranged a private inca jungle trail at the very last minute. They were extremely accommodating and very understanding and I cannot thank them enough for all their help. They booked our accommodation, arranged our food, machu picchu tickets, train tickets, our guide and all in less than a day!
The trek itself surpassed all my expectations! It was extremely well organised with fantastic Peruvian food and lodges. Our guide Henry was awesome, very friendly and knowledgeable with a great sense of humour!
I did things on the tour that I have never done before: mountain biking from a 4000m peak, zip-lining (once upside down!), visited hot springs relaxing under the stars and trekked to Machu Picchu, the highlight of the entire trip. With PIE Peru, you arrive at Machu Picchu when it opens and get to see the amazing sight with barely anyone there. Absolutely breathtaking!
The jungle inca trail was so fun and has to be some of the best days I had during my trip to South America. I am so happy we went with PIE peru. I couldn't have asked for a more personal and better service. Never have I met people who will go above and beyond to ensure you have an incredible experience.
If you go to Peru and you don't do the Inca jungle trail, you are most definitely missing out!

Thank you PIE Peru! I will definitely recommend you to all my friends and family :)

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Being a solo traveler, i make it my priority to check and double check if i have all my valubles on me at all times, especially going on a once in a lifetime trip to Machu Picchu. However, everybody has their bad days. The morning of my trip, not only did i miss my alarm but i rushed to get to the bus and realised i didn't have my purse. So, i missed the bus to the Sacred Valley, while Frederick (co owner) arrived at the reception of my hostel to come and get me. After seeing the distress i was in, he calmed me down and helped me sort things out ie fetch the police, organizing alternative ways so that i could still get on the trip. After a strike of luck my purse was found and handed in to reception, but i had still missed the bus. Frederick not only helped ease the whole situation but was determined to lighten my mood and get me back on track with the trip, so organised a taxi for me to get to the Sacred Valley where i joined the rest of my group.

The tour guide was very friendly and helpful, infact both were for Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu. The restuarant we stop in for lunch on the first day was quite luxurious. There was a buffet of beautiful smelling and tasting food, three courses for those who had an appetite, Hot drinks available for free, and excellent waitress/ter service for any other demands. Alpacas, Lamas and live music for enetertainment. The guide ensured i made my times for the trains and buses, and upon arrival in Aguas Calientas after a picturesque train journey, a rep from the hostel was on hand to make sure i wasn't grabbed up by any other miscellaneous hostel poach. After a lovely meal for one in the beautiful little town, i had a restful nights sleep after a hot shower.

Once i got to Machu Picchu i was taken aback by the actuality of what i was standing on, around and in front of. I didn't make it to the sun gate or Wynae Picchu due to suffering from altitude sickness, but the views were indeed like those from the books. I was in awe. The guide spoke very good English and had a great sense of humour that entertained us throughout the tour. We were given plenty of time to venture off alone.

After that i set off back to Cusco a little later on in the evening, again another comfortable train journey offering complimentary treats.

Frederick had himself jumped in the taxi from Cusco to Oloolytombo, to ensure that i was safely taken back home, as im sure with the number of taxi drivers calling for you, there would have been some mix up.

Pie Peru had not only ensured my safety and value for money, but ensured that i enjoyed myself and that the trip as a whole was everything that it should have been, that it is built up to be when you initially set out on your travels from the very beginning.
A tour that is solo traveler, couple, group and family friendly. Recommended to all. Enjoy!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Jungle Trek was amazing, literally some of my favorite days in Peru! The group sizes are small, the guide was fantastic, the lodging and food stops were incredible. This is a company that prides themselves on providing their clients with the best experience possible. Perhaps one of the best things about it was that you were often all alone. Occasionally we would come across other groups, of 20-50 people, and you could notice them looking at our tiny group and how much fun we were having.We had a group of 8 (2 Canadians, 2 Germans, and 4 French), and no one felt excluded. Amazingly, every single day you do or see something fantastic. Pie Peru reinvents the concept of an all inclusive trip, every single detail is taken care of. I literally cannot praise this company enough. Thank you to all of you (Juan (our guide) we love you), cant wait for another adventure with you!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This trip was absolutely incredible and very well organised. We were met at the airport by our guide Josmel and taken to the briefing lodge in Puerto Maldonado before making out way into the jungle to the lodge. Loge itself was great but what really set this tour apart form all the others I have been on was the friendly and helpful staff. Although not Pie Peru, the companies are chosen by them and they clearly have good judgement. The support local businesses which in turn maintains local employment (positive tourism). Chefs and food were outstanding, management excellent and extremely helpful. Most of all - our Guide who was local to the area had amazing knowledge of the area and we felt safe in the jungle at all times. I have advised others to go with Pie Peru on the Lonely Planet forum and will continue to do so.

If you want a good trip choose these guys....every Pie Peru customer I met on my trip (all over Peru) was impressed with the service provided.