“Father son retreat”

Etnikas Ayahuasca Retreats
Ranked #41 of 877 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: Our ayahuasca retreats have been developed with both Andes Qero and Amazonian Shipibo Shaman. They come from families with traditions of shamanism, using centuries-old traditions and techniques. The retreat is run in a traditional manner extending from the way the plant medicine is prepared to the ancient knowledge and customs of the Shipibo and Qero cultures.The traditional base of the retreat is tempered with modern medical practices to ensure our guest safety and allow them to assimilate the experience in the best way possible. The retreat include two ayahuasca ceremonies. Etnikas has a multi-disciplinary health team consisting of a Cardiologist, Psychiatrist, Psychologist, General Practitioner, Emergency nurse who complement the highly experienced native Andean and Amazonian shaman. A Doctor is on site 24 hours a day during retreats with access to a full range of state of the art emergency medical equipment. We have been operating for over 30 years (much longer than other retreat centers) and safety has always been our top priority. We have a vast amount with over 7200 satisfied guests coming to our center. Trip advisor have granted us the ‘certificate of excellence’ for the last 4 years consecutively (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016) with over 200 five star reviews.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
EDMONTON
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Father son retreat”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have waited two weeks to let things sink in before writing. My son and I decided to do this together to help us with our own development but more importantly to improve our mutual relationship. I think the retreat worked very well on both fronts and this was in no small way due to the extraordinary energy, love and compassion of our guide and mentor Joanna. Ayahuasca is not for the faint of heart and there is the possibility of going to places that could be quite terrifying. What I think is unique about Etnika's is that the staff go out of their way to create a loving and safe environment. There is so much emphasis on love and heart and the shaman and his partner worked closely with Joanna to provide what I perceived to be an effective safety net so that the overall experience was enlightening and very positive. When I left I felt that a weight had been lifted and I was revitalized by our three-day retreat. My son was seeking relief from anxiety, hopelessness and bouts of depression and he felt transformed and empowered. Through the shared experiences we expressed our love for each other and addressed buried issues in our relationship so it was a strong bonding experience to boot. Now we are back at work some negative karma is creeping back but I think we both feel strong enough to withstand that. Etnika's is beautifully situated in a serene location. The staff are very friendly and the meals simple but nutritious and tasty. The housekeeper is a very nice person with always a ready smile and the price seems reasonable given the amount of attention we received. I have heard it said that you have to go to the Amazon to reap the full effects of Ayahuasca but I can't imagine anything stronger or more profound than the brew we ingested. If you are looking for a safe and lovingly supported experience I don't think you can do better than Etnika's.

4 Thank ANDREW S

• Finnish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing experience, life changing!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I went to cusco with the idea to of experience ayahuasca, but we didn't plan it months ahead or anything, so we checked reviews from other people about this healing center and we decided to give it a try. They were very professional and after we personally went to their healing center and paid them, they went the next day to the hotel that we were staying at to "clean us" and after it for the next 48 hrs it wasn't recommendable for us to drink alcohol, eat spices or eat red meat and pork. At this time, i honestly wasn't fully sure what it was going to happen and i was very nervous and anxious, in the other hand my husband was very excited. The day arrived and since we signed up for the private ceremony they picked us up at our hotel and took us to villa alegre, we started with the coca leaf reading which it was incredible, the shaman happened to know our concerns and health problems. After it, we proceed to the ayahuasca ceremony with a different shaman. My first hallucinations were very scary and i was in constant pain, i even thought unconsciously to leave the room, however after about half an hour of fear, my visions became more clear and i wasnt scare anymore, i felt very calm and relax, and i got most of my questions answered by the shaman in my hallucination. I even saw my relatives in it, i got to talked to some of family members that has passed away, while in a ceremony for my husband to heal him from his fears, all of it in my hallucination.
It has changed my life and my husband completely but in a good way, our marriage is stronger now, and now i feel more confident of myself.

2 Thank Clauximena
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sacred Site and Spiritual trip”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

In 2010, myself, my partner and some friends joined a sacred tour led by Solara An Ra which was overseen and organised by Angel of Etnikas. I had one of the most memorable trips of my life. It was simply amazing. Everything was so well organised and we were very well looked after by Angel who took into consideration the desires of the group for a sacred and spiritual trip and created a trip accordingly. Even adjusting it as we went along.

Initially I was very disappointed that we could not go to Machu Picchu, because heavy rains had washed the rail track away. But this disappointment was soon turned into joy, because it was suggested we went to Lake Titicaca instead. This was simply my favourite part of the trip. We sailed across the amazing blue waters of the lake to visit families that live on the floating reed islands of Uros. We were able to go onto the Islands and visit the families who showed us their way of life. We then sailed onto the Island of Amentani, where we were all matched up with a Homestay family, with whom we spent the next two days. We stayed in a mudbrick house with no running water or electricity. Food was cooked on a clay oven from homegrown vegetables and herbs. We were made to feel very welcome, it was truly an amazing experience. The island was beautiful, steeped in legend, as is the Lake, and the people genuine, friendly and joyful. This island and its people made a lasting impact on me.

Throughout the trip we were joined by Shaman, who blessed us with their sacred ceremonies. Showing us their ways of connecting with the land and with spirit and joining with us in our sacred gatherings also.

I could go on, for there is so much to say, so many places we visited and things we did. I will end my comments by saying wow! What a fantastic trip, great fun and so well organised. It was so great to have a local company organise the trip, who know the lands and people so well. Great for anyone wanting an ethical holiday as well, as local people, local hotels etc were used throughout.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Szaphiel
San Francisco, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Experience of a lifetime”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I found it astonishing to read through review after review about a center that so consistently changed so many people's lives. How could this be possible in as little as a couple of days? How could the experiences be so consistently out of this world? I had to find out for myself and I went on to have years worth of spiritual, personal and philosophical insights in two days. Etnikas provides such a supportive, professional, thorough, safe, heart-filled, sincere environment. I felt like I was with family and was being nurtured in a cradle by an entire team whose sole purpose for two days was giving me the experience of a lifetime. Plus, I was helped throughout by my amazing assistant Elias who was personally at my side night and day. An experience with Etnikas isn't for everyone but if you are considering it, I think review after review of life changing experiences speak for themselves.

3 Thank Noesf
Parkton, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“My Journey through Ayahuasca”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

After struggling with Ayahuasca for three years, I was at the end of the rope, you could say. I had been put on medication when I was 15 and over the course of three years they added so much medication, I couldn't recognize myself any more. I had developed a permanent tremor from the over-stimulation of the cocktail of medication they had me on. I heard about the healing medicine Ayahuasca and looked into Etnika's and for once I felt a renewed sense of hope.

Thanks to the unending support of my parents, we were able to plan and go on a trip to Cusco. My father travelled with me and we did the 2 day/1 night retreat. Everyone at Etnika's was friendly and I felt a deep connection to them because they all knew why we travelled all this way and they understood and only wanted to help. Everyone's experience is different and in a way it is purely ineffable. I can describe my experience to you all day, every week, for the whole entire year and I STILL will not do my experience justice. By even putting it into words, I am taking a small piece away from my out-of-this-world experience. But I will make it simple by saying this: I am healed. The lessons I learned from my experience are things that I will carry with me through the rest of my life. I will never forget my trip to Cusco and my retreat with Etnika's. I owe them my life.

And for those of you who are still unsure about Etnika's or Cusco, Peru: Look into your heart and find the answer. Help will always come to those who ask for it. I guarantee it will not be an easy fix. My journey through Ayahuasca was single handedly the hardest thing I have ever done but also the only thing that could have saved my life and if I had to do it all over again, I would do so in a heartbeat.

Thanks so reading my review and I hope this helps.

Visited January 2013