“"Safe and well taken care of"”

Etnikas Ayahuasca Retreats
Ranked #58 of 973 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: Our ayahuasca retreats have been developed with both Andes Qero and Amazonian Shipibo Shaman. They come from families with traditions of shamanism, using centuries-old traditions and techniques. The retreat is run in a traditional manner extending from the way the plant medicine is prepared to the ancient knowledge and customs of the Shipibo and Qero cultures.The traditional base of the retreat is tempered with modern medical practices to ensure our guest safety and allow them to assimilate the experience in the best way possible. The retreat include two ayahuasca ceremonies. Etnikas has a multi-disciplinary health team consisting of a Cardiologist, Psychiatrist, Psychologist, General Practitioner, Emergency nurse who complement the highly experienced native Andean and Amazonian shaman. A Doctor is on site 24 hours a day during retreats with access to a full range of state of the art emergency medical equipment. We have been operating for over 30 years (much longer than other retreat centers) and safety has always been our top priority. We have a vast amount with over 7200 satisfied guests coming to our center. Trip advisor have granted us the ‘certificate of excellence’ for the last 4 years consecutively (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016) with over 200 five star reviews.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed May 15, 2013

It's been one week since my first one day Ayahuasca ceremony that took with Etnika's in Cusco. I came to Peru with the intention to try a few ceremonies. I found Etnika's on the web, and visited their shop location in Cusco. Sandra was really amazing, she spent almost an hour with me answering all of my questions, she speaks excellent english and I resonated with her and the centre and decided to book a one day retreat. The Shamans and everyone who I met who works with Etnikas is very authentic and then continually speak about to the teaching of 'working with Love' and cultivating gratitude for Mother Earth. There are 4 ceremonies during the day, the 3rd is taking Ayahuasca, I had no idea how it would unfold for me and it was best to no expect anything and to keep my heart open, be grateful and to keep breath awareness. I felt well taken care of during the ceremony and Shaman's came to help me if need be. Joanna was amazing, a wonderful teacher and strong woman who was there every step of the way. Etnika's is the place to go if you want to work with genuine Shamans and if your intentions are to grow and expand yourself. I have heard of many people taking Ayahuasca many times and without much guidance. It's wise to choose genuine Shaman's and have an authentic experience rather than take it repeatedly and or risk not having the support you may need during your ceremony. Everyone at Etnikas was really great, I highly recommend them. Lara Catherine

3  Thank Lara Catherine H
"machu picchu"
in 11 reviews
in 73 reviews

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We spontaneously booked a 1day Ayuasca Ceremony (which was held together with the 3day retreat).
The setup was very professional though very welcoming and open hearted. Joanna and the shamans made this journey as comfortable and safe as possible. Since Etnikas bring together the shamans of the Andes with those of the jungle you get the best of both worlds.
We never felt alone during the entire process (especially when it comes to the hard bit)...

If you think of trying Ayuhasca and do not have the opportunity to do it in th jungle directly then Etnikas is definitely a recomomendation.

1  Thank Mick P
Reviewed May 6, 2013

It's been some time now since I did my one day retreat with Sandra as our shaman. I think of my experiences that day frequently. Ayauasca is everything you expect and so much more. And in my opinion it is extremely beneficial to have a shaman to help guide you through your experience. It is also reassuring that there are assistants present during the ceremony.

Sandra is a beautiful and powerful shaman. For me, her presence allowed me to have the best experience possible. Many people get a little anxious about ayauasca. They get afraid that they will lose control and do something bad. With Sandra and the assistants present, these are irrational fears. Be the brave hero in the story of your life, learn from all sources, including Peruvian plants and attractive shamans. You will have a better life for it. I mean that for everyone, anyone. (As long as you are not on an MAOI inhibitor. Watch out for that.)

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I participated in the 3 day ´dancing with heaven and earth´ retreat, and the experience every step of the way was a delight. Everyone involved were just wonderful - Sandra and Tedy in the office were so very passionate, kind and incredibly friendly, but also very professional, and full of information. Our ceremonies assistant was amazing - passionate, kind, understanding and very loving - the experience was truly enriched by her presence. Our Shaman was great also- geniune, incredibly knowledgeable and had a great sense of humour. He put his all into each ceremony - his songs, his kind words made the experience all the more special.
All in all, i feel so blessed to be part of something so special, and so genuine. While everyones experiences in our group were completely different, i can all safely say we were changed for the better for this retreat - the feelings of connectedness and love would not have been nearly so strong, i truly beleive, but for the wonderful people at etnikas and thier creation of such as safe, loving and comfortable environment which enabled us to embark on such a journey of mind and heart.

1  Thank Orizon E