“extra special empanadas” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 24 Dessert in Cusco
Cuisines: Cafe, Peruvian, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Encantasq´a bakery is a place of fantasy, inhabited by fairies, elfs and nymphs, angels, unicorns and mythical creatures, under the guard of the custodian of the garden, The Faun. In this garden of dreams lives an elf, who from her magical kitchen and with the help of gnomes and dwarfs enjoys making happy culinary treats for the mortals that visit this eden of sensations. The earthlings who dare to enter this world of illusion are enchanted with the vivid experience, in the realm of the tree of charms and under a starry night where planets, nebulas and constelations make them feel in the sweetest and most pleasant of dreams, from where they will not want to wake up.
“extra special empanadas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

serving a range of extra special empanadas, salads & sandwiches. we had 1 beef & 1 chicken empanada, served with a delicious side salad, and presentation was lovely. it is a little pricier than your regular empanada but, as my mum says - you get what you pay for. the food was of fantastic quality.

my husband said his banana smoothie was one of the best he's ever had.

the decor is gorgeous - of another world!

we went at the end of the day - so no other customers around, hence the 4 for atmosphere.

we will defo be back!

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Amazing cupcakes and decor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

A must visit cafe if only to check out the decor and the incredible cup cakes. Unfortunately no espresso machine but cafe con leche is a bargain compared to a Starbucks latte. We tried pumpkin soup one day but very thick which may be a local style of soup it just didn't work for our kids?

They have WiFi.

• Visited January 2013
SLO
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Came for the cupcake, came back for the rest.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I lived in Cuzco for a few months and walked past this place just about every day. What drew me in at first was the cupcake I kept seeing. I'm not really into sweets, but I had to try it and am SO glad I finally went in. Over the months, I kept finding new reasons to return. Their breakfast is one of my favorite in town, complimented by a great cup of coffee. The sandwiches, soups and salads were all wonderful. Everything I tried was excellent, and every time I went, I fell a little more in love. By the time I left town, I wished I could take it with me.
The atmosphere is great too. Very laid back, plenty to daydream about... in fact, I am daydreaming about it right now...

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank MaDay_MaDay
Ottawa, Canada
“Great empanadas and even better desserts.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The owners of Marcelo Batata told us about this place and we stopped in here to see how it was. I would have to say that I definitely recommend it for a mid-afternoon snack! You can´t go wrong with their cupcakes... they do them so well. They claim to be the best... and I think they are!

Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Incredible cupcakes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Dropped in for a casual lunch. Best empanadas we've had in South America accompanied by a delicious juice (orange, ginger and mint). Couldn't resist one of the chocolate cupcakes afterwards and thank goodness we didn't. Amazing! Decor is interesting - has the feel of a Mid Summer Nights Dream. Definitely worth stopping by.

Visited December 2012