“The best company to use for the Inca Trail & Machu Picchu”

Inca Land Adventures Day Tours
Ranked #159 of 834 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: we are licensed Inca trail tour operators located right at the heart of Cusco city, the capital from Incas city.
Huntington Beach, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The best company to use for the Inca Trail & Machu Picchu”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

After DAYS of researching online on which tour company to use for a two day Inca Trail hike to Machu Picchu + Wayna Picchu hike I finally decided based on the good reviews to go with Flavio and Inca Land Adventures. That was the best decision from my entire trip to Peru! Flavio was extremely helpful leading up to the trip answering all of my many questions in a timely manner and providing lots of information about other activities/hotels. There was a group of eight of us and he advised us on the best way to get started on the Inca Trail given we needed to meet up with him in Ollantaytambo because we were traveling previously to that. He arranged everything perfectly for us to get on the train from Ollantaytambo and meet him at the 2 day trail trek start. I had gotten very dehydrated from altitude and not drinking enough water and was very sick (nauseous) and just miserable and Flavio was so patient with me, made sure to get me drinking a lot of water and gatorade type drinks and CARRIED MY PACK along with his for the first half of the day so that I wouldn't have to deal with the weight of it while sick. I couldn't have made it along the trail without his help and encouragement. He literally sat down next to me at the start of the trail as I was sick and debating if I wanted to even do this now and he said: "If you don't want to go, you don't have to go, but if you want to fight, we'll all fight with you." I was really feeling guilty that I would hold my friends back because I wasn't feeling well and very slow and he really made me feel like I could do this - and I did! I was hiking much slower than my friends in the group and Flavio kept hanging back with me for stretches and then leaving me to hike slowly with my boyfriend for a bit while he ran up ahead to talk with the rest of our friends who were farther ahead. He did a great job making sure slow sick me and the rest of the group all had a great hike and learned a lot along the way about the ruins we saw on the way and about Peruvian culture. The lunches packed were really great and looked amazing...I just wish I had been able to eat more of them but being sick I ended up just nibbling. Towards the end of the day I was feeling better and more hydrated and it was so amazing to arrive at Machu Picchu through the sun gate! We toured Machu Picchu and Flavio was so informative showing us around and then leaving us to explore for a bit before coordinating our bus tickets back to Aguas Calientes, taking us to our hotel, and arranging dinner. We toured Machu Picchu again and hiked Wayna Picchu the second day with everything arranged by Flavio and took a train and short van ride back to Cusco that night.

A few days later Flavio took us on the included walking city tour of Cusco and we really enjoyed him showing us around, teaching us about the culture and history of Cusco and taking us around a local market and letting us try a bunch of new fruits we'd never even seen before!

Flavio and Inca Land Adventures are organized, friendly, know their stuff (history, culture, best spots to check out), have excellent prices for the services they offer, and to top it off have a great sense of humor too. I felt like I left Peru with a new friend, not just a great experience.

Visited November 2012
5 Thank Delphia M

Dover, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful way to see remote Peru on the way to Machu Picchu.”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I did this 8 day hike to Machu Picchu called the Choquekirap route. It was fantastic to visit several inca ruins sites without all the crowds. Most of the time we were the only ones there. We camped close to the Choquekirao site and were able to walk through at night with a full moon. It was pretty awesome. The guide, cooks and horseman were great. Food was much better than expected. Edson our guide was very knowledgeable and entertaining. Edson got up at 4am and stood in line at Machu Picchu for us so we could be the 1st ones there in the morning.
That was very special.
The only thing strange on the hike was after leaving Yanama (an incredibly beautiful little community in the mountains) we hiked past some road construction over a mountain pass. Hopefully they will find a better rout around this area in the future.
I highly recommend Inca Land Adventures. Flavio communicates well and often and took care of all the details so the trip went very smoothly.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jeff G
Santiago, Chile
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great company--very personal”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had a great time on this tour (I went in July 2012). My guide (Edson) was great and spoke both English and Spanish. Very knowledgeable and funny. Was good to chat with at night and during the trek. Food was great (and vegetarian for me was no problem!). Easy to deal with and loved the trek. The best part was the some of the bigger companies have too many people on the tours and it's not personal at all. This company was not like that at all, and I really appreciated it so much more while I kept seeing these huge groups everywhere else.

Visited July 2012
4 Thank yatesbeth
Denver, Colorado
“Spectacular, Don't do the Inca Trail any other way.”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Just to start off, I did the 9 day, 8 nights trip and even after strenuous hiking for that long I still had an amazing time. I went in a group of 4. Flavio and his crew did an exceptional job taking care of us and always knew what to do next. Flavio is very intelligent and could answer any question I had. All of the gear he has is top of the line. Horses are treated with respect. Food was incredible, actually it was better food than I could make myself in a stocked kitchen and an actual stove. They also are really good about supporting the local villages. We went through a town and bought trout there, had fresh ceviche that night.

Overall, a great experience. I would recommend this trip to anyone.

Visited October 2012
Ferndale, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Salkantay Trip to Machu Picchu w/ Inca Land Adventures”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

What a trip! If you are thinking about hiking to Machu Picchu (and why wouldn't you be) I highly recommend Inca Land Adventures. They take care of EVERYTHING! We had rides to/from the airport and they coordinated everything with our hotel and every step of the way. Flavio and the rest of his staff are extremely polite and attentive to anything you may need. They even can arrange day tours before or after your hike.
The hike itself was incredible. I do have to say that is was difficult but worth it without a doubt. I don't do much hiking, but I run regularly and consider myself to be in decent shape. Make sure to workout in the months leading up to your trip. Our guide (Freddie) was excellent, very knowledgeable and passionate about teaching us about Incan culture and history. This was my second trip to Machu Picchu and I learned many new things and was glad I went the second time. The level of service on our hike was amazing as well. Most of our supplies were carried by our porters (we wore meduim backpacks as well) and our chef was amazing! Each meal was several courses and the food was delicious. Pretty amazing when you consider that we had better food on the trail than we did the whole rest of our trip in restraunts!
Thank you Flavio, and Inca Land Adventures for a trip that my wife and I will never forget! I recommend Inca Land Adventures to anyone going to Peru without hesitation.

Visited September 2012