“Wonderful way to see remote Peru on the way to Machu Picchu.”

Inca Land Adventures
Ranked #183 of 931 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Small Group Specialist Inca Land Adventures is one of the top trekking agencies in Cusco. Offering treks that no other agency provides, along routes that few ever visit, we guarantee that we can give you the trip of a lifetime. Our treks have been tailored to provide you with the best experience possible, no matter what your fitness level; from short one day hikes to epic 12 day treks that take you to the remotest corners of the Andes, we have something for everyone. We offer all the classic Inca Trail treks as well as a whole host of alternative treks that will leave you spoilt for choice. Some of our treks are more culturally-focused, such as the Huchuy Qosqo trek, while others are pure physical challenge, like the epic Climbing Salkantay trek. We also pride ourselves on our private service; we will alter our treks to suit your needs and desires! For those that are aiming to improve their photography skills whilst trekking, our sister company Pho
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I did this 8 day hike to Machu Picchu called the Choquekirap route. It was fantastic to visit several inca ruins sites without all the crowds. Most of the time we were the only ones there. We camped close to the Choquekirao site and were able to walk through at night with a full moon. It was pretty awesome. The guide, cooks and horseman were great. Food was much better than expected. Edson our guide was very knowledgeable and entertaining. Edson got up at 4am and stood in line at Machu Picchu for us so we could be the 1st ones there in the morning.
That was very special.
The only thing strange on the hike was after leaving Yanama (an incredibly beautiful little community in the mountains) we hiked past some road construction over a mountain pass. Hopefully they will find a better rout around this area in the future.
I highly recommend Inca Land Adventures. Flavio communicates well and often and took care of all the details so the trip went very smoothly.

1  Thank Jeff G

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had a great time on this tour (I went in July 2012). My guide (Edson) was great and spoke both English and Spanish. Very knowledgeable and funny. Was good to chat with at night and during the trek. Food was great (and vegetarian for me was no problem!). Easy to deal with and loved the trek. The best part was the some of the bigger companies have too many people on the tours and it's not personal at all. This company was not like that at all, and I really appreciated it so much more while I kept seeing these huge groups everywhere else.

4  Thank yatesbeth
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Just to start off, I did the 9 day, 8 nights trip and even after strenuous hiking for that long I still had an amazing time. I went in a group of 4. Flavio and his crew did an exceptional job taking care of us and always knew what to do next. Flavio is very intelligent and could answer any question I had. All of the gear he has is top of the line. Horses are treated with respect. Food was incredible, actually it was better food than I could make myself in a stocked kitchen and an actual stove. They also are really good about supporting the local villages. We went through a town and bought trout there, had fresh ceviche that night.

Overall, a great experience. I would recommend this trip to anyone.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

What a trip! If you are thinking about hiking to Machu Picchu (and why wouldn't you be) I highly recommend Inca Land Adventures. They take care of EVERYTHING! We had rides to/from the airport and they coordinated everything with our hotel and every step of the way. Flavio and the rest of his staff are extremely polite and attentive to anything you may need. They even can arrange day tours before or after your hike.
The hike itself was incredible. I do have to say that is was difficult but worth it without a doubt. I don't do much hiking, but I run regularly and consider myself to be in decent shape. Make sure to workout in the months leading up to your trip. Our guide (Freddie) was excellent, very knowledgeable and passionate about teaching us about Incan culture and history. This was my second trip to Machu Picchu and I learned many new things and was glad I went the second time. The level of service on our hike was amazing as well. Most of our supplies were carried by our porters (we wore meduim backpacks as well) and our chef was amazing! Each meal was several courses and the food was delicious. Pretty amazing when you consider that we had better food on the trail than we did the whole rest of our trip in restraunts!
Thank you Flavio, and Inca Land Adventures for a trip that my wife and I will never forget! I recommend Inca Land Adventures to anyone going to Peru without hesitation.

3  Thank jschrauben
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My partner and I did the 4 day/3 night Inca Trail tour with Incaland Adventures. It is hard to pick a tour company, as there are so many on offer, but I chose Incaland based on its excellent reviews. We were not disappointed. The best part was that Flavio guarantees your tour once it is booked, regardless of how many (or few) join the tour. I booked a 'group tour' for the two of us, and we ended up being the only ones on our tour, with one guide, a cook and 5 porters. All staff seemed very happy in their job, which is a good indication their working conditions are good.

As suggested by Flavio, we followed a slightly different itinerary than what most companies follow, which meant we weren't dealing with as many tourists on the hike. The food and service was excellent, very comfortable tents and an informative and professional guide. Flavio was also an excellent point of contact prior to the trip, informative and prompt in getting back to me.

I guess the only drawback is the price - it is one of the more expensive companies, especially because the trip is quoted in US dollars, but you have to pay the balance in Peruvian pesos, at a rate of 3 pesos to one US dollar. When you do your calculations, this means you pay more than expected (based on the actual exchange rate of the day). So, my advice is do the calculations before you book, based on a conversion of 3 to 1. However, despite the cost, we were still extremely happy we went with Incaland Adventures - the Inca Trail is such an amazing trek, and in our opinion it's worth paying a bit more as it ensures the experience will be great!

2  Thank Michelle P