“Salkantay Trip to Machu Picchu w/ Inca Land Adventures” 5 of 5 bubbles

Inca Land Adventures Day Tours
Ranked #149 of 771 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: we are licensed Inca trail tour operators located right at the heart of Cusco city, the capital from Incas city.
Ferndale, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Salkantay Trip to Machu Picchu w/ Inca Land Adventures”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

What a trip! If you are thinking about hiking to Machu Picchu (and why wouldn't you be) I highly recommend Inca Land Adventures. They take care of EVERYTHING! We had rides to/from the airport and they coordinated everything with our hotel and every step of the way. Flavio and the rest of his staff are extremely polite and attentive to anything you may need. They even can arrange day tours before or after your hike.
The hike itself was incredible. I do have to say that is was difficult but worth it without a doubt. I don't do much hiking, but I run regularly and consider myself to be in decent shape. Make sure to workout in the months leading up to your trip. Our guide (Freddie) was excellent, very knowledgeable and passionate about teaching us about Incan culture and history. This was my second trip to Machu Picchu and I learned many new things and was glad I went the second time. The level of service on our hike was amazing as well. Most of our supplies were carried by our porters (we wore meduim backpacks as well) and our chef was amazing! Each meal was several courses and the food was delicious. Pretty amazing when you consider that we had better food on the trail than we did the whole rest of our trip in restraunts!
Thank you Flavio, and Inca Land Adventures for a trip that my wife and I will never forget! I recommend Inca Land Adventures to anyone going to Peru without hesitation.

3 Thank jschrauben

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

My partner and I did the 4 day/3 night Inca Trail tour with Incaland Adventures. It is hard to pick a tour company, as there are so many on offer, but I chose Incaland based on its excellent reviews. We were not disappointed. The best part was that Flavio guarantees your tour once it is booked, regardless of how many (or few) join the tour. I booked a 'group tour' for the two of us, and we ended up being the only ones on our tour, with one guide, a cook and 5 porters. All staff seemed very happy in their job, which is a good indication their working conditions are good.

As suggested by Flavio, we followed a slightly different itinerary than what most companies follow, which meant we weren't dealing with as many tourists on the hike. The food and service was excellent, very comfortable tents and an informative and professional guide. Flavio was also an excellent point of contact prior to the trip, informative and prompt in getting back to me.

I guess the only drawback is the price - it is one of the more expensive companies, especially because the trip is quoted in US dollars, but you have to pay the balance in Peruvian pesos, at a rate of 3 pesos to one US dollar. When you do your calculations, this means you pay more than expected (based on the actual exchange rate of the day). So, my advice is do the calculations before you book, based on a conversion of 3 to 1. However, despite the cost, we were still extremely happy we went with Incaland Adventures - the Inca Trail is such an amazing trek, and in our opinion it's worth paying a bit more as it ensures the experience will be great!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Michelle P
La Paz, Bolivia
“great team for great trek”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

These guys are great. We only had 6 in our group with Flavio as our guide. The pace was very reasonable and we did not have any altitude sickness issues unlike some larger groups (1 group had 3 people return on the first day). Other items of interest worth mentioning:-
Food - Good quality & quantity.
Porters - A great team, looked & acted very professional. In general were better equipped and appeared to carry less weight then other teams.
Equipment - Sleeping bags, tents etc were in good condition & clean.
In general, from our observations & talking with other people we met on the trek & after the trek,Inca Land Adventures were rated very highly. We would recommend them to any one considering the Inca Trek.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Challenging, but well worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I would highly recommend Inca Land Adventures as your guide for the Inca Trail. The company owner, Flavio, has many years experience as a guide, before starting his own company. He is very conscientous of being ecologically and morally ethical. He pays his porters and cooks better than many of the larger companies, and ensures they are not overloaded with weight on the trail. We saw some porters from other companies that did not have proper packs, and who were obviously overloaded, and looked distressed because of it. Our guide, Fredy, was super knowledgable, and passionate about Inca history. Use Inca Land Adventures!

USA
“Incredible Machu Picchu experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

We (two of us) went on the 5 day/4 night Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu. We were blown away with Inca Land Adventures' service. Initially, Flavio was extremely responsive prior to the trip to ensure that we had everything set up and convenient for us. Then, as we left, we realized that what we thought was a regular group trip ended up being a private 5 day tour for the 2 of us - 4 men, 3 mules, and 1 horse waiting on 2 people - it was crazy! Everything that we needed (or even remotely wanted) was well-thought out and provided, including amazing meals and a wake-up call at our tent with tea so that we could warm up before leaving our sleeping bags. The crew and guide were all first class, as was the trek itself - Salkantay is a great way to see extremely varied and incredible landscape without a ton of crowds. A+ all around!