3,312 results
All reviewsresort feemachu picchuformer conventegg stationinca wallsteam roombreakfast buffetextra oxygenbeautiful propertycoca teapisco soursthe main squarehigh altitudealtitude sicknessbottled waterthe location is perfecttwo blocks
Reviewed October 18, 2017

From the moment we arrived, the service was impeccable. The altitude in Cusco (for those of us from Texas, USA) was an immediate issue, but they had the answers for that. Definitely drink down the coca tea and take advantage of the oxygen in the rooms + they offer an oxygen voucher at 6pm-ish I believe. We received complimentary pisco sour and spa voucher (recommend visiting the spa! It's not to be missed, even without a treatment). The entire building is just gorgeous and magical. The room-views are a bit hard to come by, so if that's important to you make sure you book in advance and request a room with a decent size view, high up and with windows. They have some basement-like rooms that have views of a rock wall.

Room Tip: Rooms in higher floor have some view
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 17, 2017

Had an early morning check-in from Cusco...Hotel was most accommodating...Staff was exceptional in finding me a room...I was upgraded to a view overlooking the courtyard..
It was great doing the 6pm tour of the hotel grounds with a monk, and explaining the history of the hotel....
Was within a 5 minute walking distance to the main square/plaza de armas
There is a market about 45 seconds to the left once you exit the hotel, so we were able to buy water and snacks for the busy day ahead..
Was also close to many good restaurants, all within walking distance..
Stayed in one of the Inca Wall rooms which was great....
One great thing was i checked out on a Monday and came back on a Thursday due to the INCA trail to Machu Picchu, and when i got back to my hotel my luggage was already waiting for me in the room for me....GREAT SERVICE
Will stay here again...thanks staff and thanks Tomas Ford for a great stay....
See you next year......Cheers

Room Tip: choose a room overlooking the courtyard
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2017

Considering a hotel of this caliber that includes a full breakfast (and a Pisco Sour each day), even with the $30 per day resort fee added in, I didn't find their rates unreasonable for the high season. We were upgraded to a room with a courtyard view, which was lovely, but we didn't spend much time in it anyway. As everyone else has already said, the staff were exceptional – everyone – no matter what their job was. No need for a taxi, all the sites, restaurants and shops are within walking distance. We stayed there for two nights to acclimatize and explore the city before moving on to Ollantaytambo. Alpaca Expeditions picked us up at the hotel on our second day in Cusco to visit the sites in the surrounding area. Very enjoyable stay. Looking forward already to a return visit.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank MtnLady49
Reviewed October 15, 2017

This is a really nice property! The common areas blend right in with the location and are impeccably furnished. Staff is superb!! We had a late dinner at the Quespi bar, which was very good and the bartender made some great drinks! The breakfast buffet is outstanding and the best of our trip by far. Rooms nicely decorated. Staff could not do enough for you, they were excellent!! My only complaint is that we were not in Cusco long enough to enjoy the property more..

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

I recommend a call before arriving, ask for a room far away from the street and check the kind of bed requested. The hotel is predictable in linens, beds and comfort. What you do not know is the noise, light going through the blinds and $30 of obligatory charges (even though is not a cheap hotel). So be aware that going to Machu Pichu will cost around a $1,000 for 4 hours (plane, hotel, train, tickets etc). That is why you come to Cusco, my personal opinion is that is not worth it at all.

Stayed: October 2017