$119
$133
$462
$445
3,245 results
All reviewsresort feemachu picchuegg stationformer conventinca wallsteam roombreakfast buffetextra oxygenbeautiful propertycoca teapisco soursthe main squarehigh altitudealtitude sicknessbottled waterthe location is perfecttwo blocks
Reviewed August 22, 2014

This review is long overdue and I can’t say enough good things about this hotel. We stayed here for one night before our trip to Machu Picchu and then again when we returned. This was back in April. The architecture and location of this hotel are excellent.
Check in was flawless and friendly, as we were ushered to seats in the lobby and brought coca tea to help with the altitude. I handed them my credit card and that was it. We were upgraded to a beautiful suite (Platinum elite) that was large and looked out over the red roofs to the mountains beyond. We had a quick and tasty lunch in the restaurant before our guide arrived for our afternoon tour. The next morning we left for the Sacred Valley.
Our return visit, four days later, was also perfect. We had left some luggage here and it was already in our room when we arrived. Again we were upgraded to a suite, but this one was underground. The windows were facing a stone wall that had dramatic lighting. The effect was elegant. Unfortunately we checked in about 9pm and checked out the next morning at 5am to catch out flights to Quito. Too short!

Our trip was 18 days including Lima, Quito and Galapagos as well as Cusco and Machu Picchu. It was a great trip and required a lot of planning. My one regret was I did not plan for enough time in Cusco. I was worried about the altitude and so it was a quick in/out. That was a mistake. Neither my husband nor I had any altitude problems and we missed relaxing in a great city and the best hotel in that city.

Thank you to the staff of the Cusco Marriott. We have stayed in many JW Marriotts, including Lima and Quito on this trip, and this is one of the best!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Dear crjask,

It is never too late when it comes to know about our guests experience and opinion, I value the time you have taken to write us a review. I am thrilled to know that everything went perfect leaving on you only good memories.

I am so glad to read that we were part of an amazing trip to Peru where you could visit beautiful lands and important archeological sites knowing our history. It is great to know that we were able to fulfill all your expectations and needs from beginning to the end, starting with a smooth check in process, beautiful suite and delicious food.

I am sorry you could not spend more nights with us but I understand you were worried about altitude if this was your first time in Cusco, but don’t feel sand I am sure there will be a next time! And I would like to remind you that we have oxygen supplement pumped directly to the rooms that will definitely relief any altitude symptoms you may have.

Thank you so much for your preference and considering us on of the best! Wow! That is so motivating for me and my team.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

The hotel is wonderful and I would recommend it but there's one thing that I think it should be different. We had our breakfast included, it was a buffet. They only offer American coffee in the buffet, if you want any other type of coffee you have to pay it apart. There are an incredible amount of visitors that prefer espresso or cappuccino or any other type of coffee. It is a 5 stars hotel, I believe you pay enough to have the right to choose the coffee you like in your breakfast without paying extra for it. Just that!

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Dear 9Mayte9,

I appreciate your feedback you cannot imagine how much it help us to improve our service and product in order to please our guests. In this case I am so glad to know you had a wonderful stay with us, regarding your opinion about our coffee service I value it a lot because it reflects maybe some other guests concern too as they prefer different types of coffee, rest assure that I will discuss this with our Restaurant Manager in order to satisfy our guests preferences and needs for breakfast which is great but we want it to be greater!

Comments like yours help us a lot and encourage us to continue improving our service. We truly expect you can come back soon and spend some wonderful days in Cusco there is a lot to visit! And for sure we will be waiting for you to stay with us once again.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Ultimate location. Friendly staff. Huge rooms. Dinner was part of room rate. Very good and authentic restaurant. They even grabbed breakfast to go for us when we had an early morning trip planned. Free!

Nice historical ex-monestary. Visit even if not staying there.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Dear Travels-From-SF,

I am happy to read your comments saying just nice things about the hotel, you opinion encourage us to continue putting effort in all we do for guests satisfaction.
The staff is our most precious asset and that is reflected in the high quality service they provide. Our rooms are spacious, warm and comfortable, with great amenities and linen. I am glad you had the opportunity to dine at Pirqa Restaurant as part of the rate, the fresh ingredients and good seasoning are the perfect combination to create delicious plates. Breakfast buffet is large and tasty but I am glad that you had the chance to take breakfast to go and go to your tour on time!
Thank you for inviting people to come and visit us, every day at 6pm we give a 30 minute tour to show all the Pre-Inca, Inca and Colonial remains that we host.
It would be an honor to welcome you back in the near future and delight you with all that JW Marriott has to offer you!

Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Our visit to the Marriott Cusco was fantastic. The hotel is nestled into the historical city with a unique architecture. It has indoor and outdoor spaces away from the hustle and bustle just outside the hotel.

The rooms have every luxury one would expect in a 5 star property. They are not oversized like the Marriott in Lima but they don't need to be. They are really perfectly sized and cozy. We had a very comfortable king size bed. Our window looked over the red tiled roof.

Service was top notch and the meals we had were delicious. We had both breakfast and dinner at the hotel. We all did the ALS ice bucket challenge, and the staff pleasantly kept filling up the ice buckets for us in the courtyard.

The bar has a very good vibe with nice looking international clientele.

If you're visiting Cusco, stay here. You'll be very pleased.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank TheAvster

Dear TheAvster,

First of all we would like to thank you for your loyalty staying in our both hotels in Peru. Please know that it is nothing short of a pleasure to offer you’re the best experience.
I receive with so much joy your comments, I am thrilled to know that you had a fantastic stay with us! Appreciating our colonial architecture and quiet ambiance. Our comfortable rooms offer all the warmth and luxury that guest expect with premium amenities and soft large beds. Our food is undeniably delicious Pirqa Restaurant and Qespi bar offer the best for demanding palates.
Our top notch service always stands out, the staff is willing to serve you and pamper you at any time showing real pleasure to delight you with an unforgettable experience going beyond their daily tasks, a good example of it is how they gladly helped you with the ice bucket challenge that we are going to participate too, if it’s not asking too much, could you please send us the video link?
Finally I would like to thank you kind words inviting the Tripadvisor readers to stay with us, and I hope you can come back too, there are a lot of beautiful places to visit in Cusco like the South Valley with Tipon, Pikillacta, Andahuaylillas, Huacarpay lagoon, ect.

Sincerely ,

Reviewed August 19, 2014

The hotel locates near the center of Cusco. So it is very convenient. I was told that It was originally Monasterio. Patio of the hotel looks like it. But other than that, it is very sophisticated modern hotel . There is nothing special to mention but I can strongly recommend this hotel if you want to stick to the standard you apply in US.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PolarBear314

Dear PolarBear314,

Your opinion is very important for us, I am pleased to know that you liked our convenient location just two blocks from Main Square. It is true that we are located on the formers Agustines’ Convent, it started to be built in 1560 taking 85 years to finish it, so all the structures that stood we perfectly comined them with JW Marriott’s elegance and modernity.
I really appreciate you recommend us emphasizing our high quality standards from our brand. It will be a pleasure to serve you next time you come to Cusco.