3,430 results
All reviews resort fee machu picchu former convent egg station inca wall steam room breakfast buffet extra oxygen beautiful property pisco sours coca tea high altitude the main square altitude sickness bottled water the location is perfect sacred valley
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I have to congratulate the best SPA TEAM IN CUSCO, incredible staff, after a long journey , flying from the other side of the world, after check in , what I really need is a massage, sauna and jacuzzi, so I have to share the most wonderful experience at the JW in Cusco..
excellent TEAM, at the SPA, congratulations for Edith!! Anita!! and Marlene!! you are doing a great JOB and you are wonderful warm people, keep smiling , you are a great Team.
Congratulations!!! ....the Staff in Cusco is fantastic, good job !

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Dear Alex d,

I am glad to know that we contributed to your relaxations and enjoyment because you overall well-being is our overall purpose.
I agree with you, our spa facilities and service are spectacular! With our heated pool, sauna, steam room, chromotherapy showers and whirlpool free of use is what all our guest deserve after tiring days of tours, about the service is so professional and smooth with amazing therapists with privileged hands, rest assure that I let Edith, Anita and Marlene know about the wonderful comments that you have made on this review.
Please Alex d any time you are planning to come back to Cusco let us know in order to delight you not only with a special spa session but also with our great food and drinks.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Just what the doctor ordered after spending 3 nights in the Amazon. The décor was culturally fitting. I believe this hotel was once a monastery. Rooms were very modern. The only thing keeping me from giving a perfect score is three months later I receive a charge for the room and also someone is in a jewelry store in Spain trying to use my card. I believe the two are linked. this hotel is in downtown Cusco and in walking distance to the Cathedral, square and Starbucks. breakfast was also excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ayannaluv1,

I really appreciate your kind words It feels like we are the best medicine to relax!
I am glad knowing that you liked our decoration where we have mixed Colonial features with JW Marriott’s elegance, and you are right regarding our past, we are located in the formers Agustins’ Convent from XVI century. About your card, I am sorry for the misunderstanding but I completely trust in our security procedures, but please let mi know if there is any information you need so that you can feel relief about this topic.
I hope to welcome you back soon so that you can not only enjoy our delicious and varied breakfast but also our Restaurant Pirqa menu, Drinks at Qespi bar and a treatment in our spa.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Perhaps the nicest hotel we have ever visited. And I travel 100 nights/year! Best JW I have ever visited, better than Ritz and Four Seasons hotels I have stayed in.

Breakfast is over the top! As is the spa. Staff is incredible, but the building is the star. Make sure you spend an hour getting the 6 pm building tour. As good as a museum, but you are staying here.

The only downside so that our rooms facing the street were very noisy. I imagine the hotel is aware of this and likely working to improve the soundproofing for those rooms.

Would love to return some day.

Room Tip: As there's have said, ask for a courtyard or Inka room
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Dear DinoTheDiver,

I am thrilled with your review, makes me feel in the clouds! I will share your comment with all the staff, because they are achieving their major job: exceed guest expectation creating unforgettable experiences. Being you a continuous traveler who knows about quality your opinion is very important for us.

Thank you so much for appreciating our archeological exhibition areas, we feel proud of having a piece of history with us. Regarding noisy room we will take action as soon as we can, so next time you come you will completely relax, it will be our pleasure to host you.

Cordially,

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Really loved my experience at this property. One of the front desk associates named Joseph could not have been any more kind in assisting me with our Machu Picchu tickets, as well as, most anything that I asked for. He was utterly amazing. So kind. This hotel is the best hotel in all of Cusco in my opinion. The service is spot on. The downstairs lobby bar is large but super cozy with a nice fireplace in the center. Was able to watch the golf championship game in English down there. Food was great. Spa is free to all guest and is very nice. Just love this place. A+++++

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Karen S,

It is wonderful to know you enjoyed every bit of your stay with us. It is our pleasure to make you feel welcome and right at home and we are glad your enjoyed our spa as well as the common areas.

Our service as usual shines! I will extend Joseph your appreciation words for his kind services and helpfulness assisting you with your Machu Picchu tickets.

Thank you very much for considering us the best hotel in Cusco! Anytime you would like to come back we will be waiting for you with open arms.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

This hotel is visually quite impressive with its entrance, lobby and patio. Service has been top-notch from the moment we stepped out of our taxi even before staff knew my husband is a platinum elite member. This hotel doesn't have an executive lounge but I think they make up for that with individualized attention. We received one of the rooms with a terrace and it was very quiet during sleeping hours. The hotel is modern yet it still has that South American charm. Close to tons of shopping and restaurants. I cannot say enough good things about our experience with the hotel from front desk to the restaurant manager who have us tips on the different teas to drink to help with altitude and digestion! After checking in we were so pleased with the establishment that we have decided to extend our stay by a day.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Dear Spinto74,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience during your stay with us! Your comments are very important for us to rate the quality of service we are providing.

Thank you for highlighting our superb service, we are always thriving to give the best experience we can, not only with details but also caring in all our guests needs. I am glad you could enjoy the different herbs we have it is impressive how good they are solving some health problems in a natural way.

Makes me so happy to know that our beautiful common areas, rooms, location and of course crafted service made you decide to extend your stay!

It will be a truly pleasure to welcome you and your husband once again in the future, so that you can continue enjoying all that we have to offer as well as this beautiful city.

Sincerely yours,