3,319 results
All reviewsresort feemachu picchuformer conventegg stationinca wallsteam roombreakfast buffetextra oxygenbeautiful propertycoca teapisco soursthe main squarehigh altitudealtitude sicknessbottled waterthe location is perfecttwo blocks
Reviewed August 12, 2014

The hotel is 2 blocks away of dowtown Cuzco main plaza. You will find everything 500 meters from the hotel, walking distance and without ups and downs. The hotel used to be a Monastery, however renovation has made it very confortable.

Room Tip: For couples ask for the rooms with a nice terrace and balcony
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Dear ojasaui,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a few lines about your great perception of the hotel.

I am glad that our central location resulted convenient to you, it is one of our advantages to be located so close to Cusco Plaza de Armas and many other places of historical interest. In addition, being located on the formers Agustines’ Convent give us an especial charm combined with JW Marriott’s elegance and good taste.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future to exceed your expectations and that you can completely enjoy all that JW Marriott El Convento Cusco has to offer you.

Cordially yours,

Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as a launching point for a trip to Machu Picchu. The hotel is great, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the location is perfect.

I would recommend with one important caveat.... Make sure your room is not located on the front of the building facing the main street. The windows are not sound proofed, and you hear EVERYTHING outside, even people talking in a quiet voice. The car traffic is loud and constant until about 3.30am every night. Ask for an interior facing room if you don't want to be kept awake all night as my family was... A simple solution would be for the hotel to replace the windows with sound proof ones, but I doubt that will happen as they are costly.

Overall we thought the hotel was great, just learn from our problem and NOT stay on the front of the hotel.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear travelalot20,

Thank you for your feedback, it really help us a lot to continue improving! We always care about guests concerns and suggestions.

I fell glad knowing that you stay with us before starting the magic trip to Machu Picchu and could enjoy our dedicated and kind service.

I am deeply sorry that and your family had noise issues in your room, for sure we will take action as soon as possible, room by room to minimize noise from outside. Excluding that issue I truly hope you have had a great stay with us.

I look forward to welcome you back in the near future. It will be a pleasure to delight your with a flawless stay.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Let me begin by saying that we are huge fans of Marriott. We are Platinum Elite and have turned many of our friends and family into fans as well. So it makes me sad to write this review. We stayed here 3 days ago, were given a beautiful room and were treated well by everyone we came in contact with. Bryan showed us to our room and was clearly so proud of the hotel. We checked out the next day but stored our luggage with the hotel because we would be back after visiting Maccu Picchu and the Sacred Valley. At that time we were promised an upgrade when we returned. We returned today and not only did Claudia assure us an upgrade was not available but we were assigned a room that overlooks the entrance to the hotel. Every time guests arrive we are disturbed by the talking, laughing, and luggage being rolled across the stone floor. This is truly a beautiful hotel, and I really wouldn't want to discourage anyone from staying here, but I don't think we have ever been assigned a worse room at Marriott. A bright spot, however, was running into Bryan this evening who remembered our names and asked how we enjoyed Maccu Picchu.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank brendalipp
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear Brendalipp,

Please, allow me to express my gratitude for choosing the JW Marriott Hotel for your stay in Cusco. Moreover, for being a loyal Platinum member which is very important for us.

I regret very much all the inconveniences you have gone through with your room and for not being able to give you the upgrade. Indeed, it is not the experience we want our guests, as important as you, leave with. I hope that the solution given to your husband was of your satisfaction. I appreaciate you are taking the time to share your opinion with us. It is certainly essential to improve our service.

On the other hand, I am glad that Bryan was able to give you a genuine welcome and service. I am sure he will be more than happy to read this comment.

I would love to host you in the not too distance future and serve you as you deserve.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Very nice hotel preserving the old colonial style architecture. There's a tour daily at 6pm that talks about how Marriott bought the property in 2006 and renovated it. Joseph in the front desk/concierge area was particularly helpful, he helped me make reservations at restaurants and was also the one that gave the tour of the hotel.
The breakfast here is by far the best among all the peru hotels I have stayed. Great selection and the egg station is awesome. Get poached eggs on a bed of quinoa/spinach! The only thing I wished was for the in room internet to be included.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear winner,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your stay with us, they help us as a tool to know about our strength and weaknesses.

Makes me glad to know that you took the afternoon guided tour so that you could understand better all the works done here and how important are the archeological remains found. I will personally congratulate Joseph for giving you an excellent service and great explanation during the tour.

It is good to know that you loved the breakfast, it is nourishing fresh, delicious, varied made for all guests taste and needs. Regarding the internet even though there is free wireless internet connection at the common areas like lobby, bar, restaurant we will consider your request about free internet in rooms.

I truly hope you can come and visit is in the near future to continue delighting you with all we have to offer you for a relaxing and comfortable stay.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

This fabulous hotel combines the new and old by paying homage to its Quechua, Inkan, and Spanish colonial roots. Highly recommend the archeological tour that explains the discovery of an Inkan street during construction and how the hotel incorporates the historical uses of the site and building.

The staff takes customer service to another level by making you feel as a very welcome guest through smiles and greetings. We were greeted by name each morning during our three night stay and everyone was exceptionally friendly. We had a problem with a noise from a service area near our room and the staff addressed the situation impeccably leaving us completely satisfied with the resolution and our stay.

We have stayed at hotels in various cities on 4 continents and our stay here was one of our favorites. Definitely recommend.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear FoodyFoodFood,

I am thankful for your comments, they truly help us monitoring the quality of our services and help travelers to know about our services.

It is so rewarding to know that you took the tour to our archeological exhibition areas, it was a huge job we made by the hand of the Ministry of Culture to preserve all what was found combining it harmoniously with our modern architecture all the process took us and a half years and it worth!

Our purpose is making you feel as part of the hotel as if you are visiting a friend or relative’s house and I see the staff made a great job taking care you despite the noise problem, they took immediate action and solve it.

Thank you very much for considering us one of your favorite hotels you stayed in, it will be a complete pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Cordially,