3,382 results
All reviews resort fee machu picchu former convent egg station inca wall steam room breakfast buffet extra oxygen beautiful property coca tea pisco sours the main square high altitude altitude sickness bottled water the location is perfect two blocks
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Let me begin by saying that we are huge fans of Marriott. We are Platinum Elite and have turned many of our friends and family into fans as well. So it makes me sad to write this review. We stayed here 3 days ago, were given a beautiful room and were treated well by everyone we came in contact with. Bryan showed us to our room and was clearly so proud of the hotel. We checked out the next day but stored our luggage with the hotel because we would be back after visiting Maccu Picchu and the Sacred Valley. At that time we were promised an upgrade when we returned. We returned today and not only did Claudia assure us an upgrade was not available but we were assigned a room that overlooks the entrance to the hotel. Every time guests arrive we are disturbed by the talking, laughing, and luggage being rolled across the stone floor. This is truly a beautiful hotel, and I really wouldn't want to discourage anyone from staying here, but I don't think we have ever been assigned a worse room at Marriott. A bright spot, however, was running into Bryan this evening who remembered our names and asked how we enjoyed Maccu Picchu.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank brendalipp
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear Brendalipp,

Please, allow me to express my gratitude for choosing the JW Marriott Hotel for your stay in Cusco. Moreover, for being a loyal Platinum member which is very important for us.

I regret very much all the inconveniences you have gone through with your room and for not being able to give you the upgrade. Indeed, it is not the experience we want our guests, as important as you, leave with. I hope that the solution given to your husband was of your satisfaction. I appreaciate you are taking the time to share your opinion with us. It is certainly essential to improve our service.

On the other hand, I am glad that Bryan was able to give you a genuine welcome and service. I am sure he will be more than happy to read this comment.

I would love to host you in the not too distance future and serve you as you deserve.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Very nice hotel preserving the old colonial style architecture. There's a tour daily at 6pm that talks about how Marriott bought the property in 2006 and renovated it. Joseph in the front desk/concierge area was particularly helpful, he helped me make reservations at restaurants and was also the one that gave the tour of the hotel.
The breakfast here is by far the best among all the peru hotels I have stayed. Great selection and the egg station is awesome. Get poached eggs on a bed of quinoa/spinach! The only thing I wished was for the in room internet to be included.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Dear winner,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your stay with us, they help us as a tool to know about our strength and weaknesses.

Makes me glad to know that you took the afternoon guided tour so that you could understand better all the works done here and how important are the archeological remains found. I will personally congratulate Joseph for giving you an excellent service and great explanation during the tour.

It is good to know that you loved the breakfast, it is nourishing fresh, delicious, varied made for all guests taste and needs. Regarding the internet even though there is free wireless internet connection at the common areas like lobby, bar, restaurant we will consider your request about free internet in rooms.

I truly hope you can come and visit is in the near future to continue delighting you with all we have to offer you for a relaxing and comfortable stay.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

This fabulous hotel combines the new and old by paying homage to its Quechua, Inkan, and Spanish colonial roots. Highly recommend the archeological tour that explains the discovery of an Inkan street during construction and how the hotel incorporates the historical uses of the site and building.

The staff takes customer service to another level by making you feel as a very welcome guest through smiles and greetings. We were greeted by name each morning during our three night stay and everyone was exceptionally friendly. We had a problem with a noise from a service area near our room and the staff addressed the situation impeccably leaving us completely satisfied with the resolution and our stay.

We have stayed at hotels in various cities on 4 continents and our stay here was one of our favorites. Definitely recommend.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear FoodyFoodFood,

I am thankful for your comments, they truly help us monitoring the quality of our services and help travelers to know about our services.

It is so rewarding to know that you took the tour to our archeological exhibition areas, it was a huge job we made by the hand of the Ministry of Culture to preserve all what was found combining it harmoniously with our modern architecture all the process took us and a half years and it worth!

Our purpose is making you feel as part of the hotel as if you are visiting a friend or relative’s house and I see the staff made a great job taking care you despite the noise problem, they took immediate action and solve it.

Thank you very much for considering us one of your favorite hotels you stayed in, it will be a complete pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Cordially,

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Stayed a night here prior to our Machu Picchu day trip and one night after the trip to help with the logistics of getting to MP. Service was outstanding and my eldest daughter loved the birthday cake surprise they left in her bedroom.
The hotel has a few historical artifacts and offers a tour of its history. The spa was excellent after the stresses of climbing Waynu Picchu.
Thanks for a great experience. Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Dear Mark T,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Knowing your opinion is very important for us and for all travelers.

I am glad you spend two nights with us before and after your wonderful trip to the ancient Machu Picchu letting you experience our unbeatable service and details like the birthday cake for your daughter. It is great to know that you could spend some time in our fantastic spa and knowing a little bit about our archeological areas.

I appreciate you recommend us to all the Tripadvisor readers, I has been a pleasure to have you. We look forward to welcome you and your family back here in Cusco.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 9, 2014

This hotel is the BEST. I've traveled a lot and never known a better, more helpful and accommodating staff. They even brought me gatorade when I was sick. I left my phone here when we went to Machu Picchu and the hotel staff found and returned it to me. The rooms are beautiful and cozy. The location is perfect and very close to the main Plaza. I could not recommend this hotel enough, it's really great.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Jennifer G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor, I really appreciate your feedback letting us know about your wonderful experience with us.

I am thrill to know that you consider us the Best! Wow! I am glad that we impressed you with our kind, professional and curated service, that you liked our rooms and locations but most of all our details showing you how important you are for us and that we care about your well-being.

I hope you can come to the magic city of Cusco in another opportunity and of course stay at the best hotel! The JW Marriott El Convento Cusco.

Sincerely Yours ,