$94
  • Restaurant
$565
$535
  • Breakfast included
Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza(Cusco)
$116
$134
$128
$84
Agoda.com
3,031 results
All reviewspirqa restaurantresort feemachu picchuformer conventinca wallegg stationsteam roombreakfast buffetextra oxygenbeautiful propertycoca teapisco soursthe main squarehigh altitudelobby areaaltitude sicknessbottled water
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Stayed a night here prior to our Machu Picchu day trip and one night after the trip to help with the logistics of getting to MP. Service was outstanding and my eldest daughter loved the birthday cake surprise they left in her bedroom.
The hotel has a few historical artifacts and offers a tour of its history. The spa was excellent after the stresses of climbing Waynu Picchu.
Thanks for a great experience. Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear Mark T,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Knowing your opinion is very important for us and for all travelers.

I am glad you spend two nights with us before and after your wonderful trip to the ancient Machu Picchu letting you experience our unbeatable service and details like the birthday cake for your daughter. It is great to know that you could spend some time in our fantastic spa and knowing a little bit about our archeological areas.

I appreciate you recommend us to all the Tripadvisor readers, I has been a pleasure to have you. We look forward to welcome you and your family back here in Cusco.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 9, 2014

This hotel is the BEST. I've traveled a lot and never known a better, more helpful and accommodating staff. They even brought me gatorade when I was sick. I left my phone here when we went to Machu Picchu and the hotel staff found and returned it to me. The rooms are beautiful and cozy. The location is perfect and very close to the main Plaza. I could not recommend this hotel enough, it's really great.

Dear Jennifer G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor, I really appreciate your feedback letting us know about your wonderful experience with us.

I am thrill to know that you consider us the Best! Wow! I am glad that we impressed you with our kind, professional and curated service, that you liked our rooms and locations but most of all our details showing you how important you are for us and that we care about your well-being.

I hope you can come to the magic city of Cusco in another opportunity and of course stay at the best hotel! The JW Marriott El Convento Cusco.

Sincerely Yours ,

Reviewed August 8, 2014

My family and I just returned from a 10 day trip of a lifetime to Peru. Although we stayed at very nice hotels throughout out stay, the JW Marriott Hotel in Cusco was by far our favorite and most beautiful. The staff took customer service to a new and impressive level. From the moment we entered their beautiful lobby we were greeted by an amazing staff that truly made us feel at home. Upon our arrival our daughter inquired where she could purchase a pin of the Peruvian flag (we were in Peru during Independence Day - 7/28) and Alan immediately took one out of his pocket and handed it to her. We were all very touched by his kindness then and throughout our 3 day stay. The hotel is centrally located to town square, excellent restaurants, a grocery store, and the Machu Picchu museum just to mention a few. Each room was tastefully and beautifully appointed and we were even upgraded the first night to a suite. What a unexpected treat that was! Bottled water was always available at the front desk and in each room. Herbal and coca tea were plentiful in the lovely lobby area and definitely helped as we adjusted to the change in altitude. This was another nice touch that added to the enjoyment of this beautiful hotel. We had to leave our luggage at the hotel when we left for Machu Picchu. Each piece was tagged and waiting for us in our room when we returned and we never worried. We can't stop talking about the customer service. From the minute we arrived we were struck by the warm, welcoming staff and immediately felt like we were family not guests. Alan, Nora (who presented us with a gorgeous book about the hotel and touching note), the kind young man who walked me across the street to exchange candy at the grocery store, and each and every amazing staff member will always have a special place in our hearts. They were very instrumental in helping make this a trip of a lifetime. When we left for the airport my family was crying and so was the staff - tears of new-found friendships, joy and thanks, by nonetheless, tears. That speaks volumes as to how we felt about each other and the love and connections we made. If you are planning a trip to Peru and staying in Cusco, book your room at this exceptional hotel with exceptional people and gorgeous rooms. You will be glad you did! Also, make sure you enjoy the breakfast buffet. It is by far the best one we ate at during our entire stay. The food is absolutely delicious (outstanding breads and many vegetarian options as well) and the service unparalled thanks to Nora and her incredible staff. We hope to return to Peru one day and we will be staying at our favorite hotel - the JW Marriott in Cusco.

2  Thank Cheryl G

Dear Chery G,

I truly appreciate you have shared the details of tour stay with us, for sure they will serve as a guide to many other travelers who are intending to come to Peru and are looking for a great hotel to stay.

I am thrilled to know how unforgettable experience you lived with us! I am so happy to know that our mission was accomplished, giving you an orchestrated service, making you feel like home like part of our family not only a guest, exceeding your expectations and in some way beginning a genuine friendship.

I will personally congratulate all the persons who contributed on making your stay as wonderful as you describe, with crafted details like the pin for Peruvian holidays, presenting you the hotel’s book, your luggage in room when you came back from Machu Picchu, help you crossing the street to exchange candy, their kindness in every opportunity they had, etc. showing a rela connection with you that ended with a sad good bye, but for sure you will come back.

We will feel honored with your prompt return, if there is anything that we can do for you please let us know.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

First of all, let me say that I travel a lot for business in the US and I have had the opportunity to stay at very good hotels all over the country, including hotels in the same category as the JWs. I have also had the chance to experience service that goes from really poor to excellent.

I stayed at the JW Marriott Cusco for 5 days and my experience was just wonderful. The hotel is beautiful, new, very elegant and with a lot of old Cusco colonial style. My room was large enough and the bed very comfortable. Room service was first class. The hotel restaurant is pricey but had some entrées that are worth trying and paying for. Employees in general are young, nice and very attentive to your needs, it was some of the best service I have seen. The hotel is located 2 blocks from the Plaza de Armas which gives you access to tourist activities and transportation to almost everywhere. And there are a bunch of good restaurants in the area as well. The only cons I see are the exchange rate at the hotel is low compared to exchanging dollars at nearby banks or the street and hotel transportation is expensive compared to local transportation, which are items that can be solved with a little planning ahead. The JW Marriott Cusco is now one of my favorite hotels and would go back anytime.

Room Tip: Call them ahead and make sure they can get you what you need. They are very responsive and willing to please their guests.
1  Thank Luis L
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Luis L,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on the Tripadvisor website, knowing your opinion is very important and help us to screen our service.

Due to your traveling experience results me very important your opinion. Being you a business man who always travels gives you a lot of acknowledge about hotel service that is why I am so happy with your comments about us.

I am glad you could spend 5 wonderful nights with us and could appreciate the hotel’s central location, elegance, good taste and Colonial style. Our rooms combine perfectly comfort and sobriety and our food is a delight for your palate that worth every bite.

Indeed, the great majority of our staff is young giving a fresh air to the service, always smiling, putting effort in all they do but being quick and professional at the same time, as a result you obtain one of the best services you have seen.

I feel honored that you consider us now one of your favorites hotels. We hope you can stay back soon and delight you once again with our crafted service. Thank you very much for your preference!

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We recently stayed at the JW Marriott for my 40th Birthday. What a beautiful property with attention to every detail. From the time you enter the lobby with the grand clean smell to the Swarovski Crystal display. We were welcomed by the most amazing staff, that made you feel as if you were apart of their family. The food was amazing, drinks plentiful and the rooms were beautifully appointed. The décor of the hotel was brilliant. The JW Marriott was centrally located and within walking distance to many restaurants and town square.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear Jennifer S,

I do appreciate the time you took to tell about your experience during your stay with us sharing your opinion about the hotel’s features and services.
It thrills me to know that you celebrate your 40th birthday staying with us!. Thank you for letting us be part of this special occasion!.
I would like to thank you too for appreciating the details in decorations like the 65000 Swarovski Crystal adornment in the front desk, it represents the Inti (Sun in quechua) that was the god of the Incas and as much as the crystals shine our service shines too! Since welcome to farewell our staff is always willing to make you feel like home offering a genuine and smile and help when you need it.
I truly hope you can come and visit us again maybe in your next birthday! So that you can continue enjoying our delicious food and drinks as well as relax and rest in our comfortable rooms.