3,460 results
All reviews resort fee machu picchu former convent egg station inca wall steam room breakfast buffet extra oxygen baby alpaca beautiful property pisco sours coca tea altitude sickness high altitude the main square the location is perfect bottled water
Reviewed July 31, 2014

The hotel is beautiful - built/designed from existing old Franciscan Monastery. The staff nice, welcoming, helpful and personable. My kids were surprised how quiet the hotel was considering it's central location. "it's like stepping into another world" they said. The location was perfect for early morning walks or late night stroll. Eric at the Front Desk was very helpful and personable, Harry at the door was very professional and knowledgeable and Nora in the restaurant was fantastic! She was sincere with each guest making sure they were accommodated. I am bilingual - but for those who do not speak Spanish, the staff's English is good. Great hotel. Thank you JW Marriott Cusco for a memorable trip!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Dear Gmendoza719,

It makes me so happy to read reviews like yours, I truly appreciate the time you took to share the details of your Experience during your stay with us.
I would like to thank you for highlighting the staff’s friendliness and personalized service, I would personally congratulate Eric, Harry and Nora for contributing on your memorable trip! That shows how happy the feel in their jobs, in ambience of daily friendliness among co-workers because caring about all the employees it is part of our culture.
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing the JW Marriott El Convento Cusco for your visit to this ancient city. We hope to welcome you back soon so that you and your family can continue enjoying our services and wonders of Cusco.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 28, 2014

During our recent trip to Machu Picchu, we spent a couple of nights at the JW Marriott hotel in Cusco. This hotel is very well located in Cusco---allowing you to walk to shops and the main square at all times of the day and evening very safely. The staff here is very helpful and nice. The "must" in this place is the almond croissant that are in the breakfast buffet set-up-----this thing is the best I have ever eaten in all my travels!! I think it is worth staying at this hotel just to get another chance to eat this yummy croissant. The hotel is also within walking distance to the Monasterio Hotel where they have wonderful opera singing with dinner three times a week. The food is not the best we have eaten in Peru----but the evening entertainment more than make up for it.
I will stay at this hotel again without any hesitation if I visit Cusco again

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Drkblim,

First of all let me thank you for leaving your comment on the Tripadvisor website, I very much appreciate your feedback and giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about our services.
It is so rewarding for me to know that you loved the hotel, our location and good service and thank you for your intention to come back, that shows the great level of satisfaction you had during your stay. I am so glad you liked the almond croissants we serve in our breakfast buffet; it is delicious and one of my favorites for breakfast too!
Once again thank you very much for your feedback, we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stayed at the JW Marriott during a conference in Cusco. The staff were welcoming and very helpful: when I came down with a cold, they were happy to extend my check-out at no cost. The room was comfortable and quiet, despite its central location; breakfast was ample. Just steps away from the Plaza de Armas. Usual exorbitant charge for in-room WiFi, but free lobby and restaurant WiFi was fine.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear SanTrav71,

Thank you for your feedback giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about our services letting us know if they were according to our standards and what guests like you expect. I do believe that our guest’s comments are a powerful tool to improve our service and achieve excellence.
I am glad to know that for professional matters you stayed with us and could have an impeccable experience from beginning to end and that the great team I am working with took care about all your needs empathizing with you.
I am happy to know that you enjoyed our facilities giving you the comfort you deserve.
We look forward to welcome you back soon so that you can continue enjoying the Imperial City of Cusco and JW Marriott El Convento Cusco service.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed at this lovely hotel for two nights before hiking the inca trail to Machu Picchu. The hotel itself is absolutely stunning. The front part is a renovated convent, and the architecture is really amazing. The buffet breakfast was superb and the service was top notch. Everyone who worked there was amazingly helpful and courteous. They stored our luggage for us while we went on the inca trail. We also ate dinner at the restaurant one night, and it was very good and reasonably priced.
I had a massage while I was there, and it was really top notch.
I wish I could give the hotel more than 5 stars. My husband kept wistfully comparing every other place we stayed at in South America to this one -- it was that good.

Date of stay: June 2014

Dear Denée T,

Congratulations for hiking the Inca Trail! it was made only for the brave ones, so you are one of those!

I would like to thank you for giving us the details of your stay and your appreciation of the property and services we provide. I value your comments about the hotel’s architecture, delicious buffet breakfast and dinner, our enthusiastic service, the staff is our best and priceless asset demonstrating everyday how identified and happy they feel working in this unique hotel.
I am glad to know that you had time to pamper yourself at the spa and enjoyed the privileged hands of our therapists.
I feel honored with your rating and humbly accept all the stars you want to give us!
We hope you and your husband can come back soon so that we can indulge you one more time at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco.

Cordially yours,

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Gorgeous property, combining history and modern elements. This hotel actually does a tour of the property every day at 6 to show off all of the Inca artifacts. We never made it, but it does a great job of showcasing all of its artifacts. Has a great breakfast, nice rooms, very clean and in a very good location just a few minutes walk to the square.

Room tip: Upgraded room was huge, very nice. Get the Courtyard room if its the same cost, a bit larger and nicer in my opinion. Although you wouldnt be disapointed with either

Dear weaselz99

Sincerely it is really rewarding for me that a traveler like you qualifies this property as the top on South America; please accept my appreciation for your generous words. The JW Marriott Cusco has been opened since September 2012 and since then me and my team have worked hard to tuned up the service and all the details to create memorable experiences to our guest. Reviews like yours really make me proud.
I am so glad to know that you could appreciate our historical past and the perfect combination we did blending the colonial remains found with the JW elegance. We all feel proud of the piece of history we host and take care showing this land’s archeological wealth.
Thank you for preferring us among other options in town, it means a lot for us and encourage us to continue bringing a peerless service.

Best Regards,