3,321 results
All reviewsresort feemachu picchuformer conventegg stationinca wallsteam roombreakfast buffetextra oxygenbeautiful propertycoca teapisco soursthe main squarehigh altitudealtitude sicknessbottled waterthe location is perfecttwo blocks
Reviewed July 28, 2014

During our recent trip to Machu Picchu, we spent a couple of nights at the JW Marriott hotel in Cusco. This hotel is very well located in Cusco---allowing you to walk to shops and the main square at all times of the day and evening very safely. The staff here is very helpful and nice. The "must" in this place is the almond croissant that are in the breakfast buffet set-up-----this thing is the best I have ever eaten in all my travels!! I think it is worth staying at this hotel just to get another chance to eat this yummy croissant. The hotel is also within walking distance to the Monasterio Hotel where they have wonderful opera singing with dinner three times a week. The food is not the best we have eaten in Peru----but the evening entertainment more than make up for it.
I will stay at this hotel again without any hesitation if I visit Cusco again

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Drkblim,

First of all let me thank you for leaving your comment on the Tripadvisor website, I very much appreciate your feedback and giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about our services.
It is so rewarding for me to know that you loved the hotel, our location and good service and thank you for your intention to come back, that shows the great level of satisfaction you had during your stay. I am so glad you liked the almond croissants we serve in our breakfast buffet; it is delicious and one of my favorites for breakfast too!
Once again thank you very much for your feedback, we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stayed at the JW Marriott during a conference in Cusco. The staff were welcoming and very helpful: when I came down with a cold, they were happy to extend my check-out at no cost. The room was comfortable and quiet, despite its central location; breakfast was ample. Just steps away from the Plaza de Armas. Usual exorbitant charge for in-room WiFi, but free lobby and restaurant WiFi was fine.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear SanTrav71,

Thank you for your feedback giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about our services letting us know if they were according to our standards and what guests like you expect. I do believe that our guest’s comments are a powerful tool to improve our service and achieve excellence.
I am glad to know that for professional matters you stayed with us and could have an impeccable experience from beginning to end and that the great team I am working with took care about all your needs empathizing with you.
I am happy to know that you enjoyed our facilities giving you the comfort you deserve.
We look forward to welcome you back soon so that you can continue enjoying the Imperial City of Cusco and JW Marriott El Convento Cusco service.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed at this lovely hotel for two nights before hiking the inca trail to Machu Picchu. The hotel itself is absolutely stunning. The front part is a renovated convent, and the architecture is really amazing. The buffet breakfast was superb and the service was top notch. Everyone who worked there was amazingly helpful and courteous. They stored our luggage for us while we went on the inca trail. We also ate dinner at the restaurant one night, and it was very good and reasonably priced.
I had a massage while I was there, and it was really top notch.
I wish I could give the hotel more than 5 stars. My husband kept wistfully comparing every other place we stayed at in South America to this one -- it was that good.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Denée T,

Congratulations for hiking the Inca Trail! it was made only for the brave ones, so you are one of those!

I would like to thank you for giving us the details of your stay and your appreciation of the property and services we provide. I value your comments about the hotel’s architecture, delicious buffet breakfast and dinner, our enthusiastic service, the staff is our best and priceless asset demonstrating everyday how identified and happy they feel working in this unique hotel.
I am glad to know that you had time to pamper yourself at the spa and enjoyed the privileged hands of our therapists.
I feel honored with your rating and humbly accept all the stars you want to give us!
We hope you and your husband can come back soon so that we can indulge you one more time at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco.

Cordially yours,

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Gorgeous property, combining history and modern elements. This hotel actually does a tour of the property every day at 6 to show off all of the Inca artifacts. We never made it, but it does a great job of showcasing all of its artifacts. Has a great breakfast, nice rooms, very clean and in a very good location just a few minutes walk to the square.

Room Tip: Upgraded room was huge, very nice. Get the Courtyard room if its the same cost, a bit larger and nicer in my opinion. Although you wouldnt be disapointed with either
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear weaselz99

Sincerely it is really rewarding for me that a traveler like you qualifies this property as the top on South America; please accept my appreciation for your generous words. The JW Marriott Cusco has been opened since September 2012 and since then me and my team have worked hard to tuned up the service and all the details to create memorable experiences to our guest. Reviews like yours really make me proud.
I am so glad to know that you could appreciate our historical past and the perfect combination we did blending the colonial remains found with the JW elegance. We all feel proud of the piece of history we host and take care showing this land’s archeological wealth.
Thank you for preferring us among other options in town, it means a lot for us and encourage us to continue bringing a peerless service.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 25, 2014

The hotel is absolutely stunning. Its right in the middle of the old town, so its a great place to set out on foot for some shopping. The room and service were also superb - typical JW service. The breakfasts buffet was well stocked with high end foods and the bar was a great place to kick back. Staff was extremely helpful. And the rooms were sumptuous. Pricier than other hotels in the area but for a good reason! Its worth it

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear wake 15272

I feel grateful for your kind comments, I am happy to know that you loved the hotel and it location which is perfect for guests interested on visiting this beautiful city, but most of all is to know that we exceeded you expectations with our incomparable JW service.
As well as our service, the product we offer is exceptional with our comfortable rooms, bar, varied buffet breakfast, common areas, gorgeous courtyard and relaxing spa which worth every penny.
I truly hope you can come back to this magical city, it will be a pleasure to welcome you back to continue delighting you.

Sincerely yours,