$350
$162
$149
Priceline
3,071 results
All reviewspirqa restaurantresort feemachu picchuformer conventinca wallegg stationsteam roombreakfast buffetextra oxygenbeautiful propertycoca teapisco soursthe main squarehigh altitudelobby areaaltitude sicknessbottled water
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed here in july for 2 nights and this place is brilliant. We were placed in room 331, on the 3rd floor, right in front of the elevator. The rooms was outstanding and it was big and very comfortable. This hotel has free wifi ONLY in the main lobby, not in the rooms. If you want wifi in the rooms, it will be USD $20 for 24 hours, so pls take note. The bathrooms were huge, amenities were of very high quality, it has everything you needed. THe location is just a 5 min walk to the main square and the location is unbeatable. Breakfast in the morning is a huge affair, great selections, and huge variety of selections as well. Breakfast starts at 5am and ends at 1030am, great for those people who are off early to Machu Picchu on the first train out of Cusco. One thing about this hotel is that, i was suffering from altitude sickness on the first day, my lips were purple so basically i needed oxygen to feel better. Called the front desk and immediately they pipped oxygen into the room via the air conditioning unit, it cost USD $20 for 24 hours as well. Not sure if it was effective though, but if you dont feel well, they do have oxygen pipped into your rooms via the air con unit for a fee.

Overall this place is brilliant, service is outstanding, location is unbeatable. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. thanks again JW Marriott, you did well.

1  Thank volvoc70m
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Volvoc70m,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and all the Tripadvisor readers giving them the opportunity to know our service and our beautiful property.
I am happy to know that you were comfortable in your room, and that is what we always expect, that our guests feel like home in an agreeable space with the amenities and comfort you need, that breakfast was available for you on time, freshly made and varied with the quality we are used to offer.

I am really pleased to know that you qualify your staying as brilliant and that our oxygen supply pumped directly to your room ease those uncomfortable altitude sickness symptoms and allow you to enjoy this ancient city.

Sincerely, I thank you for the time you took to leave your comments and such a rewarding words for us. We look forward to host you back soon so that you can continue enjoying our
Peruvian hospitality.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 16, 2014

This was an unusually lovely hotel. We agonized over our choice for a Cusco hotel, finally went with the Marriott and were not disappointed. Just walking around the corridors is like being in a museum. We had a terrace room with a balcony overlooking the interior courtyard. In hot summer weather, it might be noisy out in the courtyard, but in winter, it was a sunny, quiet spot with a table (there are few of these, but I'd highly recommend one). We had one dinner in the restaurant, which was excellent. The location of the hotel was absolutely ideal, an easy walk to the plaza and other sites, so we never needed a taxi. We spent part of an afternoon in the pool, sauna, steam room and hot tub on the bottom floor, and it was a lovely little place to hang out and read, and very ingeniously designed for a small space. The only drawback of the hotel is that they keep the front doors open, even in winter, and that made the front spaces chilly, despite a fireplace. At breakfast, we avoided the tables at the edge of the lobby for that reason, even though they were close to the atmospheric fireplace.

Room Tip: Go for one of the rooms on a high floor with a balcony and terrace, it's worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Ms. Tina,

Let me thank your preference and for choosing us for your wonderful stay in Cusco!
I feel so glad that you loved the hotel architecture and historical past as well as the room that has a really nice view to our colonial courtyard beautifully framed by the original Agustines’ Convent archery.

Thank you for mentioning our delicious food at Pirqa Restaurant, central location just to blocks from main square and our relaxing spa area where you could enjoyed and pamper yourself with the facilities we offer there.

I appreciate your feedback on regarding the front door and sincerely we will consider a plan for this situation.

I would like to thank you once again for your time and share your feedback. We expect your prompt return to the magic city of Cusco and of course to the JW Marriott El Convento Cusco.

Cordially,

Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband and I are Marriott rewards members as he travels often for work. We chose the JW in Cusco and used Marriott points and we are so glad we did! This hotel exceeded our expectations and I would recommend it to anyone traveling to Peru. It was not only beautiful but the service was impeccable. The staff was helpful and friendly, especially Jesus who greeted us and made sure we were acclimating to the altitude. The meals we also ate at the hotel were wonderful. Thank you to everyone at the JW for being so welcoming and making our stay so memorable. I only hope we get to return to Peru again.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong

Dear Marriott Rewards member,

With much joy we receive your comments which are so valuable for us to know because you are very important for us and your feedback help us a lot.

It thrills me to know that the hotel exceeded your expectations, not only because of its beauty but also for the staff unbeatable service that you could prove when you mention their helpfulness and friendliness giving always their best. I will extend my congratulations to Jesus for showing his kindness and looking after your comfort.

I am glad you enjoyed all your meals. I value you appreciation words for everyone that work here, which makes me feel even more proud of the great team I am working with.

Thank you very much for sharing you experience and for recommending us. We hope you can come back soon to continue enjoying the beautiful city of Cusco and our luxury service.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Ok its the marriott so I should have expected the Marriott, but for $600 a night for a suite I expected more. Not a shortage of towels.

When I pay that much to use a room I expect there to be services, but none, nothing in the fridge, no wi-fi without paying for it, ridiculous.

Breakfast was good the first morning, it was around 20% capacity, the second morning at around 50% capacity! it was very poor service, 20 minutes for a coffee not filled up until I was leaving.

The hotel is very nice, the suite was roomy and peaceful, we all slept well, we arrived on the Hiram Bingham, and had informed the hotel we would be late and need a bed for or daughter, when we got to the room, no bed! I would expect this at the best western but for $600 a night.

Disappointed considering the price. At half the price would have rated higher. I had stayed in the Inkaterra in Machu Picchu, the Inkanterra in the Amazon Jungle and the Belmond in the Sacred Valley during this trip so I have comparisons, would not do the Marriott again,

Room Tip: Don't pay what I paid
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank brittexas
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear guest,

On behalf of my associates, please accept our most sincere gratitude for sharing this valuable comment with us through the Trip Advisor website. I appreciate you decided to stay at the JW Marriott Cusco during your vacations in our city.

I regret very much for the inconveniences you went through in our property, definitely this is not the concept we wish our guests take with them, particularly such an important guest as you. I feel deeply sorry we could not exceed the expectations you had for our service. I would like you to know that I have met with the Department Managers and we have review each of situation mentioned on your comment and set the actions so this type of incidents never repeat.

As we let you know in a previous mail to you, we are going to compensate you for this inconveniences. We really care about your opinion and concern, and this is a small detail we would like to share with you.

Please once again accept my apologies for the uncomfortable situation you have experienced, I hope that in a future stay you can give us the opportunity to reverse the negative perception you have.

Kind regards,

JW Marriott Hotel Cusco

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I can't say if the JW Marriott is the best hotel in Cusco, but it certainly exceeded my every expectation. It is a beautiful, newer hotel in the heart of the historical center, but the design is impeccable and fits seamlessly into its surroundings. The rooms (and beds) are very comfortable. The staff is extremely helpful and attended to my every need and question. The little touches are too numerous to list, but add up to an extremely satisfying experience. I can't imagine a better base to explore Cusco and the sacred valley.

Room Tip: The rooms with balconies are, in my opinion, not worth the premium price. But, definitely try to get a courtyard facing room, and, if a suite is in your price range, it is definitely worth it.

Appreciated guest,

Greetings from the JW Marriott Cusco! Please accept my gratitude for your preference to our property and also for sharing your comment with us through the Trip Advisor website.

Cusco reflects the combination of two important cultures, the Inca and the Spanish, and this property is a clear example. it used to be the San Augustine’s Convent and we feel very proud of the legacy we guard on it. Every day at 18:00 hours, we have a hotel tour on which we share with our guest and visitors the amazing history we try to preserve.

Thank you for rating our staff as helpful and attentive, I feel really pleased that we could fulfilled your expectations in service; as you mention we are always looking for ways to make our guests’ stay more enjoyable like having the tea station in the front desk with a variety of local herbs and delicious fruit teas and the very appropriate breakfast to go so you can enjoy your favorite pastries on your way to the Sacred Valley or the amazing Machu Picchu. We consider small details make a huge difference.

Sincerely I would like to have the chance to host you again at the JW Marriott Cusco!
Kind regards,