“The best in Cusco” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tampa
“The best in Cusco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Do yourself a favor and just book yourself into this hotel. Don't waste your time looking at other hotels. Even the cab drivers said this was the best hotel in Cusco. The rooms are luxurious with very comfortable beds. The staff pampers you. The daily breakfast buffet is large with a lot of variety. They even pump in extra oxygen into the vents of the rooms. The hotel is around the block from the historic main square. The area has a lot of police presence and is very safe for tourist. Lots of shopping and restaurants. When we arrived at the hotel we were immediately taken to the large lounge with the fire pit fireplace where we sat in large cushy sofas while they served us drinks and were checked in while sitting on the sofa! We never stood at a check in desk. This hotel is as good as it gets. My compliments to all of the staff and a special thanks to Jesus and Carlos who were a tremendous help.

1 Thank BikerDoc
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear guest,

Warmest regards from Cusco.
Hereby let me express my appreciation for choosing the JW Marriott Cusco as a place to stay in our city during your vacations and also for sharing with us such a beautiful review, I know a lot of travelers will follow your advice.

I am glad to know that we exceeded your expectations, even more that you enjoyed our guestroom features like the comfortable beds and our delicious buffet breakfast. Our friendly staff definitely takes care of every detail in order to provide great and unforgettable experiences. We know small details make a huge difference and for us, it is a pleasure to know that you felt pampered. I am going to congratulate Jesús Rodriguez and Carlos Cesar Ponce de León who are good examples of commitment and dedication.

Also it makes me happy to hear you appreciated our check in process next to the fireplace, as you mention we do everything while you are enjoying your coca tea. We know it is a long trip to get to Cusco.

On behalf of all associates, thank you very much for your compliments. They definitely encourage us to continue in pursuit of excellence in the service we provide to our guests as important as you.

Once again thank you for your kindness and for choosing our property as your home in the city of Cusco, I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Gerente General
JW Marriott Cusco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Great hotel and room to end our 1 week trip to Peru. The staff was very nice and the spa and swimming pool were amazing. The included breakfast in the morning was made for a king. Great location; walking distance to main attractions.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the JW Marriott Cusco as a place to stay for the end of your tour in our country, even more for sharing with us your review through the Trip Advisor website.

I am very pleased to read you enjoyed our spa, where you could find the relaxation pool, jacuzzi, dry and steam sauna. Definitely after a long day tour, visiting the spa will revitalize you.

I appreciate very much that you mentioned our well provided buffet breakfast. It is prepared every morning with commitment and care in order to provide an excellent culinary experience.

If you are thinking to come back to Cusco, please contact to assist you with all your requirements.
Have an excellent day

Kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

We booked cusco Marriott for some luxury between treks.
Whilst personal service was as it should be for 5 stars, the hotel was not able to accommodate a 15 minute early breakfast for our departure on a trek. All other hotels in Peru have arranged earlier starts to breakfast times as a matter of course.
When we asked to give feedback to the manager on duty,they refused to meet us, it is that element of their service that is symptomatic of an institution which does not understand the value of true customer service.
This only example of less than excellent service we have received in our entire vacation in Peru . I recommend booking with a locally based operator who offer a far better service and much better value for money.
We cancelled the Marriott in Lima and won' t use them again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jane29650
JWMarriottCusco, Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear guest,

Let me express my appreciation for choosing the JW Marriott Cusco, as a destination during your stay in our city. Please accept my gratitude for taking the time to share with us your valuable comments though the Trip Advisor website.

Hereby, I would like to extend my most sincere apologies about the inconveniences you went through in our restaurant, definitely is not the concept we wish our guest takes with them specially of an important as you.

Our breakfast starts at 05:30 until 10:00 however if we have some guest leaving early, we offer to arrange a box breakfast with any additional charge, I am deeply sorry for this inconvenience. I would like you to know that I have me with the Department Managers and we have review each of situation mentioned on the review and set the actions so this type of incidents never repeat.

Please once again accept my apologies for the uncomfortable situation you have experienced, I hope that in a future stay you can give us the opportunity to reverse the negative perception you are having on us.

Sincerely yours,

JW Marriott Hotel Cusco
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Placing a hotel in an old monastery is already a pretty insane idea. However, this place really made a gem out of the location. Wonderful decor, excellent service. Definitely the kind of Marriott I like to stay in.

Rooms are comfortable and spacious. Showers great. Only grips: Cannot open the window and $10 for internet in the rooms. What is this? 2002?

Breakfast buffet is excellent.

Location is only 2 blocks from the main square. Definitely the place to stay in Cusco.

Room Tip: avoid rooms in the basement (!).
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Appreciate guest,

Greetings from the JW Marriott Cusco.
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this kind review in the Trip Advisor website and also for your preference to our property located in the hearth of the city.

My staff and I feel very proud of the legacy we have in this magical place and even more the legacy we tried to preserve for the old San Augustine’s Convent that nowadays is the JW Marriott Cusco. The decoration has been thought to combine the beauty of the property with the JW Marriott essence, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope we can host you again in the near future; and share again with you the perfect combination between the Peruvian hospitality and the one that JW Marriott offers.

Warm regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

An amazing sense of tranquility and calmness came over me when I entered the 16th century former monastery. Wow! We were exhausted after a long travels and we felt like we could relax and revitalize. The buffet breakfast will satisfy even the pickiest eater and is included. The staff is very helpful and accommodating. We were able to store our bags and valuables during our trek so we had peace of mind. The rooms are beautiful and the beds are sooooo comfortable to ease all of those sore Inca trail muscles. I can't wait to return to Cuzco so I can stay here again. I forgot to mention there is a pool and sauna and free wifi in the lobby where you can enjoy tea and the fireplace. Gorgeous!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the JW Marriott Cusco associates please accept our most sincere gratitude for sharing your beautiful review with us through the Trip Advisor website.

I feel deeply honored that you chose our property for your stay in this historic city. Our hotel was built thinking in the experiences that our guest would have during their stay with us, and also we tried to maintain the structure of the San Augustine’s Convent that, as you mention was built in the 16th century, without leaving the comfort of the JW Marriott.

Our main goal always is that our guests have a pleasant stay in a place that feel safe, tranquil and definitely very happy, we provide all of that. Besides I have no doubt after a trekking or an exhausting tour by the archeological places, you need just to relax; in our spa you will find relaxation and revitalization.

I am very pleased to know you were delighted by our buffet breakfast ,that has a lot of healthy and delicious options for the most exquisite guest; and the cozy fire place where you could drink the famous coca tea we offer.

I take your word to come back to Cusco in order to continue providing you the best service at the best place to stay in this magical city.

If we can be of any other assistance within the future, please do not hesitate to contact me. It will be a pleasure to assist you.

Warmest regards,
Gerente General
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

My husband and I just got back from a fabulous week in Peru. What a beautiful country.
We stayed at the JW Marriott for a total of 5 nights, 2 nights before Machu Picchu and 3 nights following. They were kind enough to keep our luggage while at MP.

At first we were disappointed our room was in the first basement floor, however we loved it, in fact requested one on our return. The rooms are tastefully done and very quiet.
Unfortunately most of the day there is a traffic police at the corner blowing a whistle, none of this was heard in the basement rooms.

The breakfast was bountiful, I can't think of anything missing and it was part of our Marriott Rewards rate.

Kudos to Andrea at the front desk for all her patience with me confirming my return trip.
Eduardo made sure I had my mate de coca every morning, avoiding mountain sickness.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Cusco.

Room Tip: The basement rooms are very quiet.
1 Thank BloomingOrchid
JWMarriottCusco, Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Appreciate Guest,

Hereby, I would like to express my appreciation for sharing your comments with us through the Trip Advisor website.

Also thank you very much for choosing our beautiful country and the JW Marriott Cusco to spend your vacations. I feel very pleased to know that we exceeded the expectations of our most important Elite member as you. Definitely, receiving this kind of generous comment, encourages us to continue in pursuit of excellence in the service.

Our rooms are located throughout the hotel, some of them has the inca wall view, that reflects our history of which we feel very proud. As you mention these are very quiet and also near to the spa . I am pleased to let you know that the temporary works in the main avenue of the city have been completed and our street has returned to be the tranquil street it used to be.

I appreciate very much that you mentioned the buffet breakfast, definitely our chef is committed to serve our guest in a healthy and delicious way, as you know breakfast must be the most important meal to start a great day in this historic city.

Thank you very much for taking the time to remember our charming associate Andrea Valdivia and Eduardo of whom I am proud, definitely with their professionalism they create good memories in our guest lives.

I hope we can host you again in the near future; and share again with you the perfect combination between the Peruvian hospitality and the luxury of JW Marriott Cusco.

Warm regards,

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

After extensively reviewing all the upscale hotels in Cusco, I chose the JW Marriott and was never more happy with the decision after staying there. It will meet or exceed all of your expectations. First, the staff is very, very friendly and literally at your beck and call. They make suggestions, and go out of their way to make you comfortable. Second, it's a great hotel for families. They are most accommodating of kids/teens. Third, it's a great first stop in Peru because the modern comforts of the hotel - the very comfortable beds, complimentary bottled water, and the fact that they pump oxygen into the rooms via the ventilation system - make acclimating as comfortable as possible.

The hotel has many great amenities, not the least of which is the spa. It is free for hotel guests, and boasts a grotto-like atmosphere. It has dry and wet saunas, a jacuzzi, a pool, and showers. They also provide massages and facials as well. The bar and restaurant are great, as are the 3 lounges plus courtyard. Many great places to relax.

I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank WrldTravelingPaddler
JWMarriottCusco, Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear guest,

Warmest regards from the JW Marriott Cusco.
Hereby let me express my gratitude for sharing with us and travelers such a beautiful review for your stay in our property through the Trip Advisor website. I am sure future travelers will consider your valuable comments.
It is a real honor that you consider the JW Marriott Cusco as the best hotel in this magical city. I am delighted to know we could exceed your expectations and even better went beyond them. Thank you very much for that generous comments definitely this encourages us to continue in pursuit of excellence in the service and the facilities we provide to our guests.
Thank you for rating our staff as helpful and friendly, I feel really pleased that we could fulfilled your expectations in service; we are always looking for ways to make our guest stay more enjoyable like giving correct suggestions to enjoy not only the hotel, but also this beautiful and ancient city.
As you said our hotel has been thought for all kind of guest that are looking for relaxation combined with history and elegance that definitely, the JW Marriott Cusco provides.
My staff and I look forward to receiving you once again in the not too distance future, and offer you the special combination of Cusco hospitality and the one that JW Marriott offers.

Kind regards,