“Awesome hotel”

JW Marriott El Convento Cusco
Ranked #9 of 171 Hotels in Cusco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The people and service are wonderful. By the time we left, the people were able to recognize us immediately. The building is gorgeous. It is large and spacious and has the touch of history you're looking for when you come to Cusco. Also, you get to see some cool ruins in the basement. But it was overall an amazing experience and they gave great tea.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your review through our Trip Advisor website.
It is a pleasure to know that you could enjoy your stay since the moment of your check-in until your departure.

If you would think about coming back in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us, in order to assist you as you always deserve.

JW Marriott Cusco

Write a ReviewReviews (2,874)

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I booked a three nights stay at the JW Marriott Cusco and I must say I was impressed from the moment I walked in to the moment I left. The staff were all very very special and you could tell that they loved their job. We had a 3 nights stay with a package that included breakfast and dinner and I must say that this was a great decision as the hotel restaurant was exquisite and the food tasted very good. Breakfast was equally good and had a great selection.
The hotel is built in an old monastery and they tried to retain a lot of the historical parts and combined this with discreet modern touches to bring it to the 21st century. Our room was slightly small but it had all the amenities one could ask for and the wifi was fast. Our room was on the 3rd floor so I cannot judge how the basement rooms would be. The view from the room was quite nice. The shower had a good water pressure and the bed was comfortable. Housekeeping did an amazing job and made sure the room was always tidy and perfect. We also tried the indoor pool, sauna and steamroom and all was very good and well taken care of.
All in all I cannot fault a thing about the hotel as everything was very good and perfect. I would definitely stay at the JW Marriott again as the location is also very central in Cusco and you can walk almost anywhere by foot.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for sharing your review through our Trip Advisor website.

We are pleased to know that you had a wonderful stay and enjoy your entire stay from the beginning until the last day, specially due to the service provided from our staff, also our quality of food always made with the best standards and the location allowed you profit your stay even outside the Hotel.

Moreover, we will recognize the areas mentioned for example Housekeeping, which did a good job while you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope we can host you again in the near future; so that we will offer you the perfect combination between the Peruvian hospitality and the one that JW Marriott offers you.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

From the moment you walk into this hotel you know it is a special place with the amazing interior décor so perfect for this converted convent. The lobby area is fabulous with a nice fireplace and comfy relaxing area. The rooms are compact but nicely appointed and reflective of the JW Marriott brand. The staff are well trained and professional, and the food excellent. The breakfast buffet is well done, and the restaurant compact but nicely decorated. The location was perfect--just off the main square. One issue was many of the rooms have windows that face a common walkway so privacy can be a concern. We upgraded to the Imperial Suite for a few nights which was pricey but the room was super spacious with a much nicer bathroom and the small patio/deck provided amazing views of the city and adjacent mountains. The ability to get the oxygen pumped into the room was a nice benefit as well. Overall, a great experience in a memorable city and this is a top notch JW!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scottyp2014

Thank you very much for sharing your review through our Trip Advisor website.

We are honored to hear about your experience and pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay, specially due to the service you received from our staff, the infrastructure and design of the Hotel, and of course for our most wide variety of food.

We hope to host you again in the near future; so that we will offer you the perfect combination between the Peruvian hospitality and the one that JW Marriott offers you.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

When traveling we are Marriott gold member loyal. We can honestly rate this one as the best ever-truly exquisite, unique being a renovated convent. Drink lots of water and local tea to enjoy your stay otherwise the altitude will hamper your visit. They provide car service to local train station and airport. Plus they will provide box breakfast for early morning train trip to Machu Picchu. General Manager Heinz Prelle was ever present making sure everyone's stay memorable and enjoyable.

Room Tip: upgrade to court yard balcony
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your review through our Trip Advisor website.
I am truly honored to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. First I would like to comment that this hotel has been restored from the San Augustinians convent to became the modern but also historical JW Marriott.

Also whenever our guests plan to go to Machu Picchu early in the morning, we take care that everyone receive the wakeup call, enough water for all the trip, the transportation service and of course the box breakfast to go for the journey.
We are convinced that if we do things right, our associates will be happy to host our guests, and the guests will think to return, that is what we call our philosophy, and our success.

I hope we can host you again in the near future; in order to share with you the perfect combination between the Peruvian hospitality and the one that JW Marriott offers.

Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

While staying at the JW Marriott Hotel in Cusco, Peru, a young fellow by the name of Ricardo Rivera Cardenas came to my aide. I had been suffering from altitude sickness and DT for six days and could not shake the headache. My husband and I were sitting in the lobby resting because I had no energy and Ricardo approached us, asking if we were feeling OK. He then administered some oxygen to me after testing my oxygen levels. I immediately felt 100% better. He was a very pleasant, kind and helpful young man. I appreciated the fact that he took the initiative and approached me. He was willing to do whatever he could for me and I appreciated that as well.

Regards
Virginia Hannay
KK

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for sharing your review through our Trip Advisor website.

We are honored to hear that you received an excellent service from our staff, especially from one Loss Prevention Officer, Mr. Ricardo Rivera.
Please let me inform you that we will proceed to greet him, as part of our motivation program of our Hotel. Moreover if you would think there are other opportunity areas we should improve, please feel free to contact us. In order to find the best way to serve our guests.

I hope we can host you again in the near future; and share with you the perfect combination between the Peruvian hospitality and the one that JW Marriott offers.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

The JW Marriott in Cusco is relatively new--just over a year old. It is in a beautiful remodelled monastery located two minutes by foot from the central plaza in Cusco. The service is excellent, and one of the best things was Ricardo Rivera. He is in charge of guest health--very crucial because of Cusco's altitude. He checks Oxygen levels (amongst other things) and makes sure that no headaches, nausea or other unpleasant altitude-related issues are affecting the guests, and when needed provides oxygen or other medications. All the staff was splendid and did their best to make guests welcome and comfortable. We look forward to returning!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you very much for sharing your review through our Trip Advisor website.
We are pleased to know that you and your family had a wonderful experience during your stay, mostly due to the service you received from our restaurant staff.

On your comments, you mentioned the special service from one of our associates, Ricardo Rivera. Please let me inform you that we will proceed to greet him, as part of our motivation program of our Hotel. On the other hand, if you find any opportunity areas of the Hotel in general, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

The service at this hotel is what makes it extra special. It's also a fantastic property. I travel for work and mostly stay at Marriott. We were upgraded to a suite on the second night and it was immense. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your review through our Trip Advisor website.
We are pleased to know that you really enjoyed your stay and the benefits of the room and other outlets.

We are also honored for your preference; this encourages continuing in search of the excellence. Specially with our most important guest as you.

I hope we can host you again in the near future; so that we will share with you the perfect combination between the Peruvian hospitality and the one that JW Marriott offers.