3,314 results
All reviewsresort feemachu picchuformer conventegg stationinca wallsteam roombreakfast buffetextra oxygenbeautiful propertycoca teapisco soursthe main squarehigh altitudealtitude sicknessbottled waterthe location is perfecttwo blocks
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had a fantastic stay at this hotel. Staff was wonderful. You must take a tour of the building to get a deeper understanding of the history. Don't miss the Spa and pool area too. The best Showers I've seen in a Marriott.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

I feel glad for the positive comments you left on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to know that you had a fantastic stay with us and the the staff gave you a wonderful service showing you how important you are for us.

I am glad that you took some time to take the hotel evening tour and know more about our historical past and about the Pre-Inca and Inca remains found during excavations.

It is good to know that you could enjoy the spa and have time to pamper yourself.

I would like to thank once again your feedback I truly hope you and your couple can come back soon.

Best Regards,

JW Marriott Cusco

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I had the luxury of staying here for two nights in cusco. This hotel is beautiful. The lobby, bar, restaurant, pool, rooms... Amazing. I only had two comments of potential improvement:
1) it would be great if they would advertise the location of the pool or ice machines on each floor. Since the hotel is built around a courtyard, I had walked around the entire second floor trying to find the pool, since there was no direction. Then the same thing happened to me trying to find the ice machine. It's not a big deal, but it's a little embarrassing walking around an entire floor in my pajamas trying to find ice.
2) if they could put a small gym at the hotel, it would be fantastic. They have an area underground that has a small 'exhibit' and a weird rock formation. I love embracing culture, but with so many amazing museums around town, this space could be utilized as a gym!

I love, love, LOVE this hotel. I'd come back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: October 2013
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for leaving your valuable feedback trough Tripadvisor, it is so important for us to know your perception about our services.

I appreciate your kind words about the hotel I am really glad that you enjoyed our facilities and services. Regarding your two comments first of all I would like to express my gratitude for your concern for our improvement, so about for first comment I am sorry for the nuisance that the lack of signs caused you, rest assure that we will consider placing more signage around the rooms corridors.

Regarding the gym we will keep that in mind, but we cannot open a gym in that exhibition room because it is and intangible area that hosts Pre-Inca remains found during the construction so in consequence it belongs to Peruvian heritage, but thank you very much for your idea.

I am thrilled to know that you loved, loved the hotel! And for sure it will be a real pleasure to have you back at the hotel to delight you once again with a fantastic stay! Please let us know in anything we can help you with.

Cordially yours,

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We could honestly not fault any part of our stay. The service, food and amenities were all first class. The hotel is simply stunning, with the design reflecting the rich history of Cusco. The location is also fantastic, just a short walk from Plaza de Armas. Thank you for making our stay in this beautiful city so memorable!

• Stayed: October 2013
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

I appreciate a lot the comments you left on the Tripadvisor website, it is very important for us to monitor our guests satisfaction.

First of all I would like to thank your preference allowing us to delight you with a memorable experience.

I really appreciate your opinion considering our service and product as first class, that is what we want to give: the best for the best guests because you are the most important pillar to continue in this business.

I am glad you liked our style, decoration and fantastic location.

I hope you can come back to Cusco in another opportunity and stay with us.

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 25, 2013

This hotel is not only historical (and has tours of the grounds everyday at 6pm with Blake), but is also the nicest hotel with the most upscale facilities in all of Cusco. The location is exceptional (right next to the Plaza de Armas) and the spa area cannot be beat. Breakfast had a wide variety of remarkable food (American and Peruvian), delicious fresh pastries and fruit, and included an egg station. The service was outstanding and the staff was extremely attentive. In fact, I liked this hotel so much, I booked it for an additional stay and again when I returned to Cusco a month later. It is a little pricey for Cusco, but WELL worth the money spent!

2  Thank Rachael M

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing to all the Tripadvisor readers your experience during your stay with us.

Thank you for appreciating our historical past, as the 6 pm tour explains, we are located in the formers Agustines’ Convent from XVI century but also during the excavations we were surprised when we found Inca and Pre-Inca remains that where hidden! And now we feel so proud to host such an important piece of history.

Our location is exceptional being close to all the tourist attractions, stores, museums, etc. About the spa I am glad you could enjoy it, it is an oasis!. Breakfast is unbeatable too, we use the best products with options for everyone. What makes me even happier are your kind words about the service, the staff did an amazing job once again!

I value a lot your comments, you will be warmly welcome any time you come back to this beautiful city and for us will be a pleasure to serve you.

Cordially yours,

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed at the JW in Cusco as part of a family visit this pas
t summer. This property is a remarkable combination of historic authenticity and modern facilities in a very central location. Suffice to say, if you are a former backpacker looking to rediscover student days in a little more comfort than heretofore, then the JW overshoots the mark by some way. On the other hand if you are looking for a great base to explore all the wonders that Cusco has to offer, with sufficient creature comforts to ensure the family greets each day in good shape and with a full stomach (the breakfasts are amazing - particularly important for kids).

Beyond the comfortable rooms, 2 other features stand out; the pool, whilst small, combined with the sauna/ steamroom, are a real luxury at the end of a hard day's sightseeing; second, the lobby area is a great hangout zone (free wifi) that let's you relax without being a hermit in your room

Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback letting us know your opinion which is an invaluable tool in order to reach guests satisfaction.

I am glad that you and your family really enjoyed your stay with us, that our hotel exceeded your expectations regarding comfort, facilities and location. As you said our breakfast is amazing, it is varied, large and nutritious which is very important to start the day with energy especially for kids.

It is good to know that you could rest and relax not only in your room but also in our spa allowing you to pamper yourself after a day of tours and also hanging out at the lobby area while using our free wireless internet access.

We look forward to welcome you and your family back in the near future so that you can continue discovering Cusco and enjoying JW Marriott Cusco services.

Sincerely yours,