JW Marriott El Convento Cusco
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
3,039 results
All reviewspirqa restaurantresort feemachu picchuformer conventinca wallegg stationsteam roombreakfast buffetextra oxygenbeautiful propertycoca teapisco soursthe main squarehigh altitudelobby areaaltitude sicknessbottled water
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 19, 2013

What a fabulously elegant hotel. Inside has a medieval look with oodles of amenities. Staff provided extraordinary services...made us all feel so special. As we were unsure of the drinking water in Peru, we were provided with unending bottled water. The food was outstanding. Rooms were clean and replenished daily. We wanted to go ziplining while in Peru so the staff contacted a tour agency which sent a personal rep to the JW Marriott for our convenience. We have traveled extensively in Europe & Asia, but this Peruvian Marriott was undoubtedly the BEST EVER! Hope to return some day.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MaryAnn D
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your encouraging comments about the hotel and our services, for us your opinion is really valuable.

I feel honored with your wonderful comments about the hotel and our service being you an experimented traveler, I am so glad you loved our architecture and design and that the service provided by our so professional staff exceeded your expectations making you notice how special you are and how we care about your needs for example giving you the bottles of water.

I am glad you liked the food, the rooms and the staff helpfulness that gave you advice and could contact you to do the tour you wanted.

Thank you once again for your kind words considering us the best ever! It will be a complete pleasure to have you and your family back soon to continue delighting you.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Although the J.W. Marriott in Cusco have already celebrated their 1st Anniversary of being open very recently, the hotel still have the very new feeling since being fully renovated into a luxury hotel from being an abandoned colonial (and even pre-Columbian) archeological site.

We stayed at this hotel over 6 days in early September, as a base for exploring Cusco and the areas nearby and for being a base for getting out into the Sacred Valley.

As a regular Marriott customer, I was pleasantly surprised at how the hotel was renovated over an ambitious 6 year project and how it's history only adds and compliments to it's existing charm.
From the moment you come into the former chapel to the front desk with the crystal hanging down the ancient wall, where you are seated by the fire while all your arrangements are made for you while you enjoy a warm cup of tea,.

There are recreational facilities and a spa in the basement level, although we were too busy in Cusco to enjoy these amenities...we did take a tour down there and they were beautiful. Also on the same level are two pre-Columbian archeological sites behind plexi glass to demonstrate how much history exists behind these walls and what the hotel has done to preserve and showcase these sites. The hotel offers a small tour of the property, has a book on display in the lobby explaining the history as well a video that is played on the welcome TV channel.

The rooms were very comfortable with a strong Wi-Fi signal, a well designed bathroom with shower and tub...and pink bath salts from Salines de Maras. The breakfast and service was fantastic in the morning with a huge selection for breakfast of excellent quality foods.

We had a 3rd Floor courtyard view room that is a little more and took the oxygen in the room to help reduce the effects of the altitude while in Cusco.

So many extras the hotel offered, all of which make our whole experience in Cusco all the more memorable. My only fault would be the online booking system, perhaps I made an error when I booked but was expecting the same package and price when we returned to the hotel for the second part of our stay. The desk staff seemed disinterested that I was paying so much more with our second stay.

This hotel provides great value today, as it surely will become one of the best...if not the best hotel in Cusco very, very soon.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed having the courtyard view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SurfcrestYVR

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for leaving a detailed review on the Tripadvisor website, I appreciate the time you took letting us know your opinion about our service.

First of all I would like to thank your words of appreciation for our historical past that we preserve not only in different hotel common areas where we have the Augustines’ Monastery remains but also in the exhibition rooms that you could visit where we have Inca and Pre-Inca vestiges. I am glad that you spent 6 days with us and that you could visit all the marvelous Cusco attractions!

Thank you for mentioning our service details like the personalized check in enjoying a cup of tea, the decoration details like the 65,000 Swarovski crystals hanging at the front desk area which represents the sun, the god of the Incas; and our facilities like the spa, comfortable rooms and great internet signal.

I am so glad that you enjoyed the room and the bathroom, relaxing at the tub with the Maras pink salt, that our breakfast product and service was of your complete like and that the oxygen in-room supply helped you reducing the altitude sickness symptoms.

Finally I would like to apologize for the inconveniences with your reservation, we will check on that with the department responsible but fortunately that was an isolated incident that did not stained your whole experience. Once again thank you very much for the positive and motivating review you left, we are doing all our efforts to be ranked as the best hotel in Cusco.

We look forward to welcome you and your friends back in the near future, so that you can continue exploring Cusco and enjoying all that JW Marriott has to offer.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The location is perfect, the hotel is beautiful. The staff, however, really make this place spectacular! We felt like family there - honestly cannot say enough about how wonderful the hotel staff were to us during our stay. They (often) knew our names and treated us like royalty (and we are not). We hope to return with our kids next time, and will DEFINITELY stay at the JW Marriott. Thank you to all who made this such a memorable experience. The great team at this hotel didn't even know that this was our 15th wedding anniversary and my 50th birthday celebration - it couldn't have been more perfect. Thank you!!

Room Tip: We experienced both a suite and regular room. Noise level was reasonable for both, even though room was courtyard and suite was street-side. No problems to report from either single or suite. Great place.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DTGray2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank the time you have taken to share your comments about your stay with us, it is so rewarding to receive positive feedback like yours, it inspire us to continue giving our best.

I receive with much gratitude your comments about our associates (staff) who demonstrated how gladly they do their job every day with a sincere interest on your needs making you feel like home, following the hotel standards on a natural way showing you how much we value your preference. I will extend all of them your kind words.

I hope you can come back with your family! I am sorry we missed the opportunity to spoil you in such important dates, but for sure next time we will delight you with another memorable experience!

Cordially Yours,

Reviewed September 13, 2013

What a beautiful place to stay while visiting Cusco!

We had spent several nights with a tour group in Cusco, staying at substandard hostels. We needed a break and booked a night at the Marriott. This is truly one of the most beautiful, classiest hotels I've visited and I've traveled extensively within the U.S. and have been to 7 foreign countries.

Visually, the hotel is stunning, incorporating original Inca and Spanish architecture in the construction. The rooms were spacious and very clean. In the basement, they have some Inca and pre-Inca ruins and they provide an interesting free tour to guests each evening at 6pm. They also have a relaxation pool, hot tub, and sauna which were perfect after a long day of walking around town. Location wise, it is just off the main square of Cusco and is very convenient, although a bit noisy from traffic.

The staff were extremely attentive and were some of the most professional people I've dealt with during a hotel stay. They were very helpful in recommending sights and restaurants. A wonderful breakfast buffet is included with your stay and is not to be missed.

Although a bit pricey, I would recommend this hotel for anyone who wants a bit of pampering while vacationing in a beautiful setting. After one night, we went on to rejoin our tour at the hostel we originally booked. I was sad to leave the Marriott.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MikeynDnvr
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

I appreciate the time you took to write a review about your experience during your stay with us, it helps us a lot to monitor the quality of our services.

I am honored for the kind words you used to describe the hotel considering it as one of the most beautiful and classiest hotels you have visited being you a continuous traveler that is a real inspiration and motivation for us to continue with the dedicated job we do.

Thank you for appreciating the history we preserve and for taking the tour to visit our exhibitions rooms where we have Pre-Inca, Inca and Colonial remains. I am glad you enjoyed our comfortable rooms as well as the spa which is the best place to get the relaxation you deserve after a day of tours.

I feel proud of the team I am working with, they are so enthusiastic and truly committed on making each guest experience memorable I take with much gratitude your comments about the staff which I will extend.

As you said breakfast no one can miss is varied, nutritious and delicious. I am so glad you loved the hotel it will be a pleasure to have you back at JW Marriott Cusco to continue pampering you!

Cordially Yours,

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had an absolutely great experience at jw in cusco. We had stayed 2 nights in the nearby casa andina which was nice but this was excellent. Starting with check in we had asked for an above ground room and we easily accommodated. We also asked to swap our dinner which was included in our stay with lunch and at first they said no but then quickly called the restaurant and made it happen. Lunch was extraordinary. All drinks except alcohol were included. I had the lomo saltado and the shrimp tempura which were both outstanding.

They were helpful in assisting with a late checkout to allow us to enjoy the spa a bit before checking out. Breakfast was also wonderful. Quite a spread with exceptional service. I can't say enough great things.

2 things to note, they charge 10 dollars for Internet in your room per day. There is free wifi in the lobby but that's about it. It felt a little cheap to me considering every other hotel on our trip included it. Not a reason not to stay there but a heads up nonetheless. Also, the exchange rate for money is insane. You can easily go to any other hotel and get a better rate. Again, not a reason to avoid but just be warned to handle this elsewhere

Overall a great stay and would absolutely return

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rosie F

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for leaving a review on the Tripadvisor website, I appreciate the time you took letting us know your opinion about our service.

It is a joy to know that you had a pleasant stay with us, that the check in process was flawless and that you could change dinner for lunch we always try to be flexible helping our guests in all their needs, so I am glad that the” lomo saltado” and shrimp tempura were of your complete like without doubts our food is delicious.

It’s good to know that you could relax at the spa before checking out, breakfast as you said is wonderful full of delicious options to start the day. Thank you once again for all the flattering words about our service they are a real motivation for the team I am working with.

Regarding your comments about the internet and the exchange rate I value your point of view, they will be considered.

On behalf of all the staff of JW Marriott Cusco, we look forward to welcoming you and your couple in the not too distant future.

Warm Regards,