“Excellent stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in this new Marriott hotel in central Cusco. A converted monastery, it's a really beautiful property with lovely rooms and service levels expected with a Marriott hotel. Our room was too noisy so we requested a move. We were moved and upgraded with minimal issues. Buffet breakfast was excellent and to a high standard. High recommend a stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ElizabethWallace
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your stay with us, I do appreciate the time you took to let us know your opinion about our services.

I am so glad that you spent two great nights with us, thank you for appreciating all the history that our property offers, we are located on the former Augustines’ Convent from the XVI century and we feel proud of the colonial and Inca heritage we host. Also I am glad you enjoyed the room, our priority is your tranquility and comfort in that way we reflect the high standards of a JW Marriott brand.

Thank you for recommending us to all the Tripadvisor readers and reviewers. I hope you and your couple can come back in the near future. Thank you once again for your preference!

Best Regards,

JW Marriott Hotel Cusco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

The Marriott in Cusco was one of the highlights of my vacation, I stayed one night, but came back again for two more. From the lavish rooms to exquisite spa, the facilities in the hotel were plentiful, the in room oxygen (which is piped through the heating and cooling system) was rather helpful after arriving from Lima (on not a whole lot of sleep). The breakfasts and restaurant in the hotel were top notch. The staff were helpful and courteous, and the respect given to archaeological discoveries found at the site was outstanding, and helped further enhance the experience. The Marriott created a comfortable and relaxing experience for me, and served as the basis for my adventures.

Room Tip: There are some rooms on floors below the lobby, most of them have views of Incan walls and artifacts...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brendan H
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your stay with us, I very much appreciate your feedback giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about our services.
Thank you very much for choosing us to spend you vacations, I appreciate so much your kind and sincere words about our rooms, spa and the facilities we have, as you mentioned we offer oxygen supplement in room, it is highly recommended to ask for this service at least the first night. It helps a lot relieving the altitude sickness in 900 meters.

I am pleased to know that the breakfast buffet and restaurant were of your liking and that our staff gave you a great service focused on your needs. Our archeological exhibitions rooms are part of our identity and make us feel so proud of our history, therefore we want to share it with every guest and visitor. Thank you so much for appreciating it!

Once again, please accept my gratitude for your preference we love to welcome you and your family back in your next family trip and be able to indulge you with a great experience that only JW Marriott can deliver.

Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Thank you Jw cusco for a fantastic stay. Always upgraded, beautiful included breakfast, friendliest staff. Why would you stay anywhere else? Great location in downtown near Plaza de Armas. Will stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments through the Trip Advisor website. We are pleased to know that we were able to exceed your expectations regarding the service.

I am thrilled knowing that you had a fantastic stay with us! Due to our great service, beautiful facilities and central location which were of your complete liking and make you consider us the only option to stay in Cusco.

Thank you very much for your invaluable comments and recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you in a not too distant future to continue delighting you.

Kind Regards,

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is one of the most beautiful and charming JW Marriotts I have seen. They did an amazing job of blending the old inca and catholic architecture into a modern hotel. It is centrally located and the staff was incredible. Highly recommend it.

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Mary B
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for leaving your positive comments on the Tripadvisor I do appreciate the time you took to write your comments.

It is so rewarding for me to know that you consider us one of the most beautiful and charming JW Marriott you have seen. Thank you for appreciating our efforts to restore and value the beautiful Pre-Inca, Inca and Colonial remains found in the property blending them with the trendiness and elegance of the JW brand.

Thank you for mentioning our incredible staff. They are excellent giving always their best, caring about details in pursue to make every guest stay unforgettable.

I truly look forward to welcoming you in the near future to continue impressing you thank you once again for leaving your comments and for recommending us.

Warm Regards,

St. Johns, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

My family and I stayed at this newer JW Marriott Property and we must say the experience was awesome. The rooms are smaller than in Lima but the service and ambiance of the lobby area made up. They had plenty of coco tea for those who needed it due to altitude sickness. Check was as quick as it could get in Peru. (Trust me). The internet connection was also included was awesome and I measured it at about 18MB since I needed to run an online class also that week. The lobby is amazing interesting with the Inca and Spanish tones. The breakfast is amazing and as a Gold/Platnium member its included. The location is just around the corner from the main square and plenty of tienda and restaurants close by. Also, interesting is to go to the lower levels and check out the small museum and the Inca wall which I understood to be part of an old monestary. Amazing service and ambiance . We cant wait to stay again.

Room Tip: Well the rooms are small and like a NYC room. So if any ask for the room overlooking the check in e...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sanguru1969
Dear Marriott Rewards Member,

Thank you very much for the comments left on Tripadvisor, I really appreciate the time you have taken to tell us some details of your stay with us.

It is so gratifying to know that you and your family had an awesome experience during your stay with us, that shows the dedication and enthusiasm that our staff put in their service giving you such an awesome experience since you arrived, during check in giving you coca tea followed by a prompt service.

We have thought in all our guest may need to have a pleasant stay and part of it is the internet access because there are always duties to attend. I am glad you loved the lobby, our history and that you could visit our exhibition rooms as well as enjoying our varied and nourishing breakfast.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and for giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about our services, they serve us an invaluable tool to continue giving an excellent service. I hope I can welcome you in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

One of my all time favorite hotels. Stayed here for 3 nights prior to our hike of the Inca Trail. The hotel is beautiful, the service is wonderful and the food is great. Perfect location. I can't think of anything I didn't love about this hotel. Much better than the JW in Lima which had poor service.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank ToddRCT
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience during your stay with us, we very much appreciate your feedback and thank you for giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about us.

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing us and stayed with us before the Inca Trail hike, I hope you have enjoyed such a challenging but marvelous trek. I feel honored that you consider us one of your all-time favorite hotels.

I am glad you loved the hotel, our location, our kind and professional service and exquisite food, makes me feel proud of the team and the beautiful hotel I am working in.

Once again please accept my appreciation for your review, I hope we can welcome you back soon, it will be a pleasure to give you a delighting stay with the excellent service that only JW Marriott Cusco can give.

Arlington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed here after an Inca Trail Trek. We booked a night in order to have access to a hot tub and pool. The hotel and rooms are gorgeous, and we took advantage of the pools, but were not overly impressed with the staff. We reserved a car, but the hotel didn't follow through, and we ended up taking a cab (saving us money US$15 for the car, 20 soles for the taxi). Breakfast not included, WiFi not included. Felt like we were getting nickel and dimed to death. Location is very convenient to the Plaza de los Armas. We also ended up in a subterranean room which was very odd. Pool/spa area is gorgeous.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your stay with us, we very much appreciate your feedback and thank you for giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about our product and service.

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing us, staying with us after the Inca Trail I hope you have enjoyed such a challenging trek. I am glad to know that you liked the hotel, location, rooms and our spa where we have a heated pool, sauna, steam room, showers and whirlpool ideal to enjoy after a hike like yours.

Unfortunately not everything was positive in your stay, so please accept my apologies for the inconveniences with our service specifically with the car you wanted to reserve. I am deeply sorry that we left that bad feeling on you about some services that are not included, we offer different rates according to guests needs some including breakfast, dinner, etc. You are very important for us therefore we will consider all your suggestions.

Once again please accept my appreciation for your review, I hope we can welcome you back soon, it will be a pleasure to give you a delighting stay with the excellent service you deserve in order to reverse the bad impression you have.