JW Marriott El Convento Cusco
$162
$149
Priceline
3,071 results
All reviewspirqa restaurantresort feemachu picchuformer conventinca wallegg stationsteam roombreakfast buffetextra oxygenbeautiful propertycoca teapisco soursthe main squarehigh altitudelobby areaaltitude sicknessbottled water
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We went on a family trip to visit Cusco and Machu Picchu. Stayed at the JW Marriott in Cusco and it made our visit so much more enjoyable. From our arrival we were treated to coca tea which helped fight the high altitude effect. The staff was always helpful and courteous. The rooms were very comfortable and the whole ambiance of the hotel was most welcoming! Breakfasts were delicious with a large selection of choices for our varied tastes. We highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for leaving your comments on the Tripadvisor website, sincerely your opinion is very valuable.

I am glad that your family trip went better than expected and that we could be part of that giving you a memorable experience enjoying our facilities and personalized service that you could perceive in the details we have like serving coca tea upon arrival.

It is very nice hearing that you enjoyed our comfortable rooms, ambiance and delicious breakfast thought to delight all tastes. We just open the hotel on last September 2012 and feedback like yours is really rewarding.

Please accept my gratitude for your kind words and for recommending us. I look forward to welcome you and your family back soon so that we can continue pampering you and this magical city continues charming you.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We enjoyed our stay in Cusco so much that we extended our stay by one night. We moved from a small boutique hotel to the JW Marriott and were thrilled with our decision. It's an oasis in the center of the tourist area. The antiquated architecture that has been incorporated into the new construction is done seamlessly and tastefully. The lobby has plenty of comfortable seating for pre-dinner drinks or for waiting for check-in. The spa and indoor pool were exactly what we needed after enjoyable but strenuous trip. The buffet breakfast is one of the best I've had.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with all the Tripadvisor readers, it is essential to know your opinion and perspective of the service you have received.

I happily receive your comment knowing that you extended your stay with us for me it is a good sign that we could fulfill and exceed you expectations and also that you enjoyed this beautiful destination, as you said you took the right decision when you decided to stay with us, we think in all a guest may need to have a wonderful stay and I am glad that our facilities provided you with all you’ve been searching for.

Our spa offers a wonderful heated pool for relax, sauna, steam room, whirlpool and Irish style showers, I am glad you enjoyed it as well as the buffet breakfast which is varied and delicious and you considered it a one of the best!

I hope to see you and your family back soon to give you even more of what we have to offer and also you can continue exploring this legendary city.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Upon arrival, my sisters and I (Shazeeda, Naima and Asma Hosein), were greeted by the most professional staff. We first met Juan, not sure if this is his name, who checked us in, made sure we were seated and brought us our coca tea. We were told to rest for a while before going out and also eat very light on the first day. We rested and explored Cusco on our own walking down to San Pedro market. we got all that we needed there. Other staff members especially Edwin was excellent with us at the restaurant. He made sure that we were satisfied with our meal and takes pride in his job. A really great guy. Fernando also was superb in his service at the restaurant. We stepped out unto the patio after breakfast and there were loud noises. He immediately came out to tell us that those were fireworks and were celebrations on that day. The others at the front of the hotel, Jim, Blake and the other fine ladies there are truly wonderful people. Our room was very comfortable and the oxygen helped, we had no problems with the altitude.The architecture of this place is brilliant, used to be a monastery, happy to know that JW Marriott took on this challenge and preserved a piece of Peruivan history. Our main reason for visiting was seeing Machu Picchu and it was truly worth it. We would recommend this hotel.Thank you from my sisters and I. Please pass on our message to your team. Best Regards.

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience during your stay with us and describe it as a wonderful experience, it is very important for us to know your opinion because it helps us a lot in search of excellence.

I am so glad to know that you and your sisters received a warm welcome making sure that you were comfortable, well attended receiving coca tea and good advices from our guest service agent who recommended you nice places to explore in Cusco. Our staff is our best asset, they add value to our service because of the passion and proud they feel, as you mentioned the attention delivered by Edwin and Fernando made your experience at restaurant satisfying, I will extend my congratulations to them as well as the guest service agents that you mentioned.

Regarding the rooms it is good to know that you were comfortable and that the oxygen supply helped you against altitude sickness, its 99% purity is convenient for those guests that are not used to be in height. Our architecture and archeological remains are our pride because of its importance in history.

I am happy you enjoyed and explore Machu Picchu one of the new seven wonders, it is a historical jewel, so any time you want to come back we will be happy to welcome you and your family again. Thank you for your preference and for recommending us.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed a total of 3 nights here before and after our Machu Picchu adventure. It was so nice to be welcomed by a friendly staff member and sent to rest in the lobby by the fire with a hot cup of coca tea while we checked in. We sat while they ran back and forth. Great service. The hotel room we had the first two nights was on the interior courtyard side and that is the room I would ask for again. The return visit we had a king bed room facing the walkway into the hotel and that was not as pretty of a view. Still a nice room, but seemed smaller. We enjoyed food in the bar several times and liked everything we had (potato soup, crispy shrimp, chicken club sandwich, grilled vegetables and more). The breakfast buffet is good as well with a variety of items for everyone's taste. The hotel gives you bottled water in your room and the tea station is always open downstairs. There's also a Starbucks in the square if you're like my husband and need a fix. We ate at Baco just down the street from the hotel and that was fantastic!

Our U.S. plugs worked in the hotel rooms for charging all our iphones, ipads and kindles without needing a converter. Sweet!

We used the hotel tour company located at the reception area to book an afternoon private tour of the sites just outside the city. Our guide was so polite and knowledgeable about the area. He took us to the sites and the driver stayed with the car so it made it easy for him to pick us up if we walked off somewhere else with our guide Nile. They had water for us as well. It was customized just for us. We had our 8 year old with us and he really engaged him and made it fun for him. Afterwards we left our camera bag in the car and didn't realize it for a couple of hours. The hotel called the driver and he brought it back to us. I was amazed and relieved! What luck!! I thought it was gone forever. We really weren't sure where we had left it. So I would highly recommend using this tour company. Very professional!

We also enjoyed the pool and the steam room. It's small but it's warm and relaxing in the spa area. They have showers with shampoo and soap down there so you can shower up and dress before returning to your room. There are also lockers for you to use if you need that. And again, lots of cold bottled water. You'll find the ruins from the old monastery on this level as well.

I'm impressed with JW for building such a beautiful hotel that fits so well with the architecture of the area. There's a book in the lobby that shows you how it was built. Amazing!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a great experience visiting Cusco. Cheers to an amazing staff!

Room Tip: Double bed room facing the courtyard on the 3rd floor.

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for leaving such a wonderful and detailed review on the Tripadvisor website, it is a pleasure to know your opinion and how was your experience during your staying with us. A rich feedback like yours helps us greatly.

I am so glad to know you had an amazing 3 days staying and that we could go beyond your expectations making you feel welcome. You are very important for us and the main reason we set higher standards day by day display in details little a personalized check in at lobby, coca tea always available at the reception, complimentary bottles of water in room, complimentary coffee / tea station in room, plugs for different sockets and voltages.

It is also gratifying to know that our food delighted you, we our proud for the culinary trend in Peru but more over for the passion our chefs have to deliver such a tasty product. Thank for mentioning in such detail our spa facilities and is very pleasant to know that you could enjoy it, I think that this is the spot every guest should stop at and also I am glad to know the tour information and service given was hospitable and professional so you can lay back and discover this ancient city.

Thank you for visiting our exhibition rooms. Cusco exhibition room is the one located near the spa and displays Inca and colonial remains; they were found during excavations and now we have a piece of history that makes us proud of our past.

On behalf of all the staff of JW Marriott Cusco please accept our sincere gratitude and we look forward to welcoming you and your family in the not too distance future so that we can continue indulge you.

Cordially yours,

Reviewed July 11, 2013

First I should say that we are vacation club owners and have stayed at a number of Marriotts in Europe, Asia, the US, the caribbean, and now South America. Whenever possible we try to stay at a JW for the outstanding service. The Cusco location did not disappoint.

Everyone made us feel very welcome and did their best to offer helpful suggestions and services. The architecture was amazing, the rooms we clean and nice, and the overall feel was inviting. At first I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a gym, but really, with exploring the ruins and acclimating to the altitude I didn't need one.

I would strongly recommend this hotel to others and hope to return int the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jungstarr

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive comments through the TripAdvisor website. It is very important and gratifying for us to know your opinion.

I would like to thank you for choosing JW Marriott for your vacations, I feel so honored to know your opinion about your experience during your stay with us. Being Marriott Vacation Club owner you perfectly know what is expected from a Marriott brand and I am glad we could exceed your expectations regarding service and facilities. Thank you for mentioning our staff hospitality and attentiveness, certainly they are one of the most valuable strength and I am proud to read they made you feel as treasured as you are to us.

About architecture it is undeniable that we are located in a beautiful land full of history but at the same time with modern and sophisticated infrastructure, our rooms have been design to give comfort and good rest.

We look forward to welcome you and your friends very soon so that you can continue enjoying JW Marriott style combined with Peruvian charm.

Warm regards,