JW Marriott El Convento Cusco
$445
$415
Orbitz.com
3,076 results
All reviewspirqa restaurantresort feemachu picchuformer conventinca wallegg stationsteam roombreakfast buffetextra oxygenbeautiful propertycoca teapisco soursthe main squarehigh altitudelobby areaaltitude sicknessbottled water
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here for a few days prior to and post tackling the Inca trail. Have to say it was an excellent choice. It is a very new hotel in an excellent location and the service is exceptional (in line with JW Marriott around the world).

The only slight qualm was that the rooms were on the small side but that is only minor.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments through the Trip Advisor website. It is very important and gratifying for us to know your opinion.

I am so pleased to know that our property provide for the best ambience and service for you to prepare to the Inca Trail hike and also to recover and pamper yourself after achieving this challenging journey. Thank you for your praises about our staff, I feel really proud to see the energy, enthusiasm and professionalism they deliver each day. For us, you are the most important.

I hope we can welcome you back soon; it will be a pleasure to serve you with the excellent you deserve.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed for approx 10 days overall at this hotel and it was very nice. The staff were great, friendly and helpful. We had an issue with a couple family members disappearing overnight at a nearby ruins and the hotel was very supportive. getting the embassy on the line for us, offering to help with police, taxis, etc. I was surprised and grateful for their concern and help. When we eventually found the lost campers (who slept outside at the ruins overnight), the hotel staff was very attentive to see if they could help in some way. Great Job Marriott!!!

The hotel itself is modern, comfortable and well-located within walking distance of many places including the plaza de armas, a square with lots of activity, parades, etc. The hotel food is pretty expensive compared to nearby places and we went out for food. Jack's is nearby and is excellent featuring all day breakfast that is delicious and plentiful. Free WIFI too i think.

The hotel has free-wifi in the lobby which is pretty comfortable. The pool is indoor and small but very relaxing and warm. we really enjoyed the pool.

Overall I would return to this hotel without question if I get back to Cusco

Room Tip: The rooms facing the courtyard are very quiet...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your visit to Cusco.

Reading your words regarding the staff supporting you through this unpleasant moment it’s really rewarding. Nothing is more important to me than your safety and tranquility and I am proud that my staff did everything they could. I am going to extent your appreciation to each of them and definitely this encourage us to care more and more for our guest.

I am glad you liked our locations and hotel design, and that you could have time to relax at spa. I hope next time you can try our delicious food, you will love it!

Thank you very much for your preference and for choosing us for your visit to Cusco, I hope that someday in the future we have the opportunity to welcome you back and please feel free to contact me or my staff in anything you may need.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a 10 day Peruvian trip which included 3 nights at the JW Marriott in Cusco, Peru. This is one of the best hotels to stay in Cusco, period. It's located only a few steps from the main square where you will find some of the top restaurants and shopping in Cusco. Upon arrival the friendly staff greets you with coca tea which helps in easing altitude sickness. While you are sipping your tea, the staff will check you in. Complimentary WiFi for 4 hours is also a plus. The hotel was a former convent in the 1600's. Be sure to go to the lower floors to see the ruins which the hotel was built over. On one of the lower floors you will also find a nice relaxation pool, hot tub, sauna and steam room. Another plus is that the hotel gives you free bottled water and make-your-own coffee every day. In addition, there is free coca tea in the entrance served all day. Bottom line is this: there is better place to stay on Cusco. The staff is friendly, helpful, speaks English very well. The hotel is clean, the rooms are clean and confortable, and I highly recommend anyone going to Cusco to stay at the JW Marriott.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for leaving a review on the Tripadvisor website, knowing your opinion is very important for us, it help us considerably to monitor our service and the way we can improve it.

It is thrilling for me to read your comments, It is so rewarding to know how high concept you have on us, that our daily efforts to give a memorable experience to our guests are being achieved. I am so glad that you enjoyed our details like coca tea upon arrival, friendly check in process, complimentary bottled water and coffee station in the room.

Thank you for appreciating our historical past and thank you for recommending everyone to visit it, we feel proud of our legacy that we are taking care in our exhibition rooms, showing Pre-Inca remains from Killke civilization (800-1000 B.C.), Inca and colonial.

On behalf of all the staff of JW Marriott Cusco we thank you for honoring by choosing us as you hotel in Cusco and hope to welcome you in the not too distance future so that we can continue indulge you and you can continue discovering Cusco marvels.

Cordially yours,

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

After spending a disastrous night at one of the hostals (family owned accommodations), we escaped to this oasis of everything perfect. The architecture of this place alone is worth a visit. Breakfast was buffet style with impressive selection and quality. They even nicely packaged it up for us to go.
I didn't get the chance to use spa and pool, but they looked very inviting.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to know that you could stay with us and enjoyed of our “oasis” as you mentioned it, I really like that description! Our architecture and history are perfectly combined to delight our guests and I am glad you appreciated it. Our breakfast buffet is varied, nourishing made with high quality products.

We hope we can welcome you back soon, it will be a pleasure to continue delighting you with an excellent service and that you can enjoy our spa facilities.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here for three days before our lodge-to-lodge trekking to Machu Pichu. The hotel need to be visited to understand how perfect it is. Service at arrival was outstanding, courtyard marvellous for afternoon drink or breakfast, spa & pool really relaxing and with great design, location in city couldn´t be better. Room with everything that you need (plus more). I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Cusco.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate the comments left giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about our service; they serve us an invaluable tool to improve in search of excellence.

I am thrilled to know that you loved the hotel facilities and service; it is really motivating for us to know that all our efforts to indulge our guests are being noticed because our main objective is to give them an unforgettable experience.

I am glad to know that you and your couple enjoyed breakfast, our colonial courtyard, spa and room providing you all the comfort and relax you were looking for.

Please accept my gratitude for your review and for recommending us, I look forward to welcome you back soon so that we can continue delighting you and you continue discovering this beautiful city.

Sincerely yours,