“Just went to the buffet lunch on Mothers day” 4 of 5 bubbles

JW Marriott El Convento Cusco
Ranked #7 of 162 Hotels in Cusco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lima, Peru
“Just went to the buffet lunch on Mothers day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

First time visiting this new hotel in Cusco City. A vey nice place set up in a historic palace.
The buffet was serve at the large patio. Abundant and great food and Pisco sours for all tastes, and reasonable in price as well. They also had a show going on with Peruvian music. Service was fine, considering the amount of people attending.
The hotel seems to be very nice as well but have not stayed at it yet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank xochitl
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear visitor,

I would like to thank you for leaving your good comments about the hotel and the Patio Buffet on mother’s day.

I am glad to know that you liked the variety of dishes served and the great perception you have of the hotel.

I hope you can join us in our next Patio Buffet and also stay with us to enjoy our facilities.

Thank you for our preference.

JW Marriott Cusco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Rarely have I ever gushed over a hotel. But this one deserves it. One of the best designed hotels I have stayed in. It ingratiated the feel of the historic value of the original building while blending in the contemporary luxury's of the current time. The service was amazing, they knew our name every time they greeted us, and even asked about specific services we had received before it was possible for them to know who we were. very impressive. The rooms were flawless and the spa was excellent with an indoor pool, hot tub, steam and sauna, all included. The food was excellent. I cant say enough good things about this hotel. I would highly recommend staying here, not only is the location perfect, its one of if not the newest in town and still feels historic. If they have not received a design award, they will or should.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room with 2 queen beds facing the courtyard. Our friends had a street facing room, w...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for leaving your positive comments on the Tripadvisor I do appreciate the time you took to give us the details of your stay.

I am pleased to know that you liked the hotel’s design and architecture, it will be rewarding to win an award for the design, you will know if that happens, for us was challenging to build the hotel but at the same time we feel so proud to have a piece of the Peruvian history with us that now we can share.

Thank you for mentioning the excellent service that you and your friends received, every single associate is committed to provide the best experience for our guests and I am glad you noticed it when they called your name or when they anticipated your needs. Our main goal is to acknowledge you, our guest, how valuable you are to us and how we do appreciate you staying in our property

I sincerely thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you and your friends in the near future.

Warm regards,

Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

If you are looking for a modern hotel in a great setting, this one fits the bill.

The rooms were great and the property on the whole was excellent.
We stayed a Friday night and the live music in the bar area was too loud for the space and seemed out of place in this kind of a hotel.

Excellent rooms and a stunning inner courtyard. Really beautiful.
We had dinner as we arrived late from Macchu Pichu. The food in the restaurant was good but the service was average at best. The waitress seemed lost and we had to ask for ice and lime slices on multiple occasions.

The hotel is also missing a business center or area to print boarding passes.

We ordered room service for breakfast and the food was great and showed up exactly when it was supposed to. We wished we would be able to stay longer so we could explore the history of the hotel on the daily tours of the ruins in the basement.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your stay with us, we very much appreciate your feedback giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about our services, is an invaluable tool to improve our service and reach for the excellence.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the room, the courtyard that was the Augustines convent patio with original colonial archery and that the room service order sent to your room was according to your request.

I would like to thank you for the comments left about details we should care about service, I would like to apologize if the music volume was not appropriate at bar and that the service provided at restaurant was not according to what you expect and deserve, we are working out on improving our service constantly I can assure you that.

It is true that there is no business center, but we do have a desk at the front desk area with a lap top that guest can use and can print documents asking any guest service agent who will gladly give help.

I do appreciate your comments; I look forward to welcoming you a near future so that you can visit the Hotel’s heritage and see the Pre-Inca, Inca and Colonial remains found during excavations.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We loved our stay in this beautiful hotel that was once a monastery. The staff was excellent, the room beautiful and clean and the common areas of the hotel lovely. I can't say enough about the staff and the care and service they gave to us. Make sure you notice the magnificent Swarovski Crystals hanging beautifully behind the Front Desk--it is such a beautiful, beautiful decoration, sparkling, in an otherwise a darkened and cavernous room. It is breathtaking to look at.

Food was great, and as always, lots of Coca tea!

Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments through the Tripadvisor website, I am pleased to know that we were able to exceed your expectations regarding the service, food, the hotel style and facilities.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed the comfort and cleanliness of the room, and let me thank you for appreciating the decoration details like the Swarovski crystals you mentioned, they represent the Inti (sun) that was the god of the Incas.

I feel so proud when guests like you remark the service, how staff care to make guests stay enjoyable because that is our main goal

We look forward to have you back soon so that you can continue enjoying the history of JW Marriott Cusco and discovering more of Incas legacy.

Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

What a great hotel. The service was just outstanding. I almost felt awkward. As I arrived to check in I was greeted by a clerk who ushered me over to the lounge instead of the front desk. I told him I was checking in. He said "yes, I know, please have a seat." As we sat down he then asks for my credit card and passport. As he heads to the front desk someone else then shows up with some tea. Coca tea. As we are sipping tea I'm saying to myself "what's going on here?" After about a minute he comes back with the paperwork which I signed. We were then escorted to our room and that was it. Just gotta love it. The breakfast buffet was phenomenal. Breakfast, lunch and dinner in one sitting. And again, outstanding service. We had the room with the Inca wall. My wife just loved it. Then we found out that the hotel is actually a museum. We saw pre-inca ruins on the -3 floor. Inca ruins on the -2 floor and Spanish ruins on the ground floor. What a treat. The hotel is located right in the center of town so you can stroll out in the evening and enjoy the central plaza, shops and restaurants that are all nearby. Second best Hotel I've ever stayed at. First place goes only to the San Jose Marriott in Costa Rica. My wife disagrees though. She says this one is nicer.

Room Tip: The rooms with the balconies that face the courtyard are quite nice.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for such a nice and detailed review left on Tripadvisor, that really help us to monitor our service that according to your comments it was impeccable.

I am glad to know that you liked the room assigned and that you have appreciated the history that involves this place, not only shown in the exhibition rooms but also in public areas like main entrance, front desk, restaurant and patio.

I feel so pleased to realize that our service standards are being carried through so professionally and making you feel unique is our goal.

We sincerely appreciate your visit to the antique city of Cusco and moreover thank you for considering us your second best hotel. It is good to know that another brother hotel is your favorite but we would like to be your number one, so I hope we can welcome you soon.

Sivakasi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

hotel is near the main square-the staff were very helpful-the coca tea was welcome-was given take away breakfast at 5am!cant think of anything negative!the breakfast buffet had a huge spread-fresh fruits was available.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for leaving your positive comments on the Tripadvisor I do appreciate the time you took.

I am pleased to know that you liked our convenient location really close to the main square, our tea station, breakfast buffet and breakfast to go ready for you at 5 am as you said because we try to serve our guests according to their needs.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about our services, we will look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Castle Douglas, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Probably one of the best 2 or 3 hotels I've stayed at ever.

As someone who spends 200+ nights per year in hotels I don't say that lightly, but the ambience, service and attention to detail here put the JW very close to the top of my personal list.

The public areas are beautiful, rooms lovely (although I may be biased having received two suite upgrades in two stays) and service impeccable. We sampled breakfast (exceptional ) and room service (very good indeed) during our stays.

However the thing that sets the hotel apart is service. We had a 3 night stay, then 1 night in Aguas Calientes, then a 1 night stay back in Cusco, and on our return from Machu Picchu, we were greeted by name before we'd arrived at the reception desk and told that the bags we'd left overnight were already in our suite - a couple of small examples of the very personal service that is offered.

They do a tour of the hotel each evening and that is worth doing as it gives you an insight into the work that has gone in to creating the building and facilities.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter J
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your stay with us, we very much appreciate your feedback.

I feel honored knowing that we are on the top of your personal hotel ranking being you a person who spends lots of nights in hotels.

I am glad to know that you loved the hotel and the service we deliver; we strive to do the best for our guests giving them all the attention and details they deserve, making them feel that we truly care.

Thank you for mentioning the guided visit we daily offer, we are proud of the Hotel’s heritage and showing to the world the Pre-Inca, Inca and Colonial remains found during excavations is the least we can do. I am glad that you enjoyed it.

We look forward to welcoming you in a not too distant future to discover again the magic of Cusco.