3,319 results
All reviewsresort feemachu picchuformer conventegg stationinca wallsteam roombreakfast buffetextra oxygenbeautiful propertycoca teapisco soursthe main squarehigh altitudealtitude sicknessbottled waterthe location is perfecttwo blocks
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Brand-new, converted former convent, with beautiful courtyard and decorated with local designs. Very good and forthcoming service, good food/breakfast, central location.
Agree with other comments that rooms are a bit on a the small side, also considering the not inexpensive price, but not really a reason not to stay here.
We stayed here first night arriving from Lima, which worked out ok for altitude (drinking much of the complimentary coca tea), but would recommend going to Sacred Valley first and stay in Cusco at the end of the Cusco/Machu Picchua visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank traveller55London
Reviewed January 4, 2013

What a gorgeous property. First of all, it is not marked, so, we did have a bit of trouble finding the actual property. The lobby, hotel bar and courtyard areas are beautiful, I feel like the design is a perfect fit for the city of Cusco. Our room was great, very quiet, the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was fantastic - we had a bathtub and a rain shower with fabulous water pressure. It was a relief after camping for four days and staying in sub-par hotels. The only negative is it took us quite a bit of time to check out of the hotel. The front desk is not very good at multi-tasking and checking out should be a pretty simple process. They did, however, arrange a car service to the airport which was very helpful. The bellboys were also a huge help in transporting our luggage to the other side of the street in order to pick up our car service. Location was great - you are probably three or four blocks from the main plaza and there is a fantastic restaurant, Baco Food & Wine, a few doors down. I would definitely stay here again, also, I think it is a great value considering some of the other higher end hotels in the area were going for more than a thousand dollars a night and we were in the mid-300 dollar range for this property.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, but, I actually appreciated the convenience of being able to get in and out of the hotel quickly. I never felt this was a safety risk.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Champuga81
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Sad to see the negative reviews...as I lay here's in the cloud llke bed looking out onto my balcony and courtyard... I'm shocked and dissapiinted to see that! The hotel is gorgeous and spotless. It even smells good !! The bathrooms are very modern with marble etc staff has been wonderful! This is our 3rd Marriott this week and I have not been disappointed by any. They will even pump oxygen in your room here if you need it to acclimate. Walking distance to lots of sights and we ate at a resturant on the same block last night which was superb! Le soleile. We are very picky Americans that travel a lot ...currently in South America for a month and this hotel is definitely to American standards! Frankly... After touring around town I would be surprised if there was a hotel or
mentioned restaurant here that is better

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank java23
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We were just in Cusco from December 28-31. The JW is new, and the entrance terrific. the food is good and location is superb. The rooms are cramped. We had spent several days at the Westin in the Sacred Valley and the rooms there were so spacious. The Westin is terrific and much closer to the sites. I would suggest starting your trip there and then returning to Cusco for some city time. The elevation is also lower where the Westin is located so you don't start at 11.000 feet. These were the size of NYC hotel rooms. The Spa does not have its act together yet. There are no spa menus in the room and the menu at the spa is spartan. I had a manicure and my husband had a massage. The manicure was ok, but my husband thought the massage was good. It is a new hotel and are still working out the kinks.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This new hotel does really impress: excellent design of common areas and of the rooms, they did a great job to make a top-end hotel out of a historic building maintaining its charm Very nice lobby bar, internal patio etc Apart from design it has all of the modern facilities, and quite a nice (although a little small) spa with a pool and oxygen supply to rooms (at an extra charge) - an option not to miss at 3.5 km above sea level (never thought that altitude thickness can be able to spoil a couple of days of my holidays, even famous Sorochi pills did not help a lot)
One particularity to bear in mind - two of its floors with rooms are located.... underground I was surprised upon arrival to go two levels down below Lobby to get to my room. They call it 'inca wall' rooms: all you can see from your underground room is part of excavated original inca wall wich is not more than half a meter from the window glass And very little of sunshine gets from far above Well, for me it was unusual, interesting and acceptable, while others might not enjoy this like me
Location is great: close to Plaza Mayor and many nice restaurants nearby (try Incanto or Greens Organic above it)
So, overall the hotel is very good
Why just 'average' rating? Because its services do not correspond to Marriott brand and to prices they charge. The staff is trying to do its best, everyone is very polite, but it seems this place lacks management and staff training and service fails on numerous occasions (e.g. I specifically asked to clean my room several times but after three nights they did not bother to wash or just to clean the floor where there were a lot of dust and even sand looking like it was there since construction; dirty plates and food left on the floor outside of the room doors by other guests could stay in the corridor overnight from dinner time to 9-10 a.m. of the next day; they have just one computer for guests and trying to make a print-out of a reservation received by e-mail surprisingly became a problem which is nonsense in 2013 in a Marriott; etc)
Would I recommend this hotel? Well, yes, but they should learn a litte quicker to provide services corresponding to Marriott level and money their guests pay

Room Tip: Check in advance if your room is in the underground floors ('sotano 1' and 'sotano 2')
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple