$117
$199
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $231/night.

$320
$110
$85
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $104/night.

$421
$405
3,251 results
All reviewsresort feemachu picchuformer conventegg stationinca wallsteam roombreakfast buffetextra oxygenbeautiful propertycoca teapisco soursthe main squarehigh altitudealtitude sicknessbottled waterthe location is perfecttwo blocks
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The brand-new JW Marriott is unlike any hotel you have EVER experienced - newly opened, it sits on a site that was once an Inca temple (Cusco was the Inca capital,) then became a colonial garrison, and finally a convent. Four hundred years later, the hotel was built, in the heart of the city just a few blocks from the Plaza de Armas central square. The hotel interior was designed with all local artisan-made materials and furniture. The rooms are gorgeous with top quality service and a warm friendly staff - sit and have a quiet drink in the historic courtyard, in the lounge or restaurant. The food is magnificent. Officially rated at 5 starts - JW Marriott Cusco is a solid TEN in my book!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with Inca wall - for a real close-up sense of history.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank irawexler
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The hotel is beautifully located, 2 minute walking from Plaza de Armas, lots of shops, museums and restaurants around. The building itself is marvelous as well, here are my pros and cons:

Pro:

- Location and building
- Breakfast & food in general

Con:

- No gym
- Service lacking a lot you would expect from a hotel in this category when it comes to serving, 2 examples of the staff also not being to attentive:
+ No towels nor glasses for the drinks at the Spa
+ breakfast buffet took forever to refill
- rooms are rather small

Also since they were overbooked they sent us to a SMALLER/CHEAPER room, but charged us the price for the booked room. Since we noticed after we signed the bill, we wanted a refund which at first was denied and after some discussion was finally able to go through.

Fun story: I did look like a backpacker (since I have been traveling Latin America for six months). So everytime I asked anything at reception I was told that "this service is only for our guests" ... thank you...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank WorldTravel1986
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I had a wondeful experience last wednesday, I stop by to say hello to everyone at the JW, my favorite HOTEL in CUSCO, and I got a wonderful suprise at the front door, I red the add about Tea Time ....so , as soon I said hello to the Receptionits, ..I asked for a table, close to the bar, to see the wonderful and only one Roger Federer on TV, seconds after, I walked to the area where they have sweets, cold cuts, pizza, tequenos, chocolate (FANTASTIC)cake, sandwiches, fruits, yogurt, Panetone, chicken wings, mousse de chocolat (incredible), hot chocolate, tea, fresh juices, and more.....I LOVED!! what a surprise at tea time!! they also served me a nice drink mixed with ginger ale, pisco and cherry,....lovely.... I had a very nice conversation with Teddy, Excecutive Chef and Manager of F&B, to congratulate him about the service and product offered, also I spoke with Cecilia Rispa , Excutive Sales in Cusco and share my great experience.
All the staff is wonderful, the service is incredible good, the quality is AAA and the prices are very very competitive. JW Marriott Hotel in Cusco , the best option in town.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Alex d
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Though the hotel is expensive, I think it was well worth it. After staying in Aguas Calientes for a night and hiking around Machu Picchu, it was great being able to relax in the beautiful hotel.

The hotel was built from a former monastery (I think), so it was very unique and beautiful. We were upgraded because of status and had an amazing room. The breakfast buffet was very good.

Pros:
Beautiful property, very unique too, not a traditional hotel
Great location
Very friendly and helpful staff

Cons:
A bit expensive

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed at the JW for two nights after our trip to Machu Picchu. The hotel is relatively new and beautiful. It is close to the main square and most of the things to see in Cusco. The public spaces are gorgeous, the staff is very acommadating and friendly. The food in the beautiful restaurant is delicious. The hotel seemed a little empty when we there in November. We had stayed at the Montasario for two days prior, and part of the reason for choosing the Marriot was the fact that it was one of the few places in Cusco with a pool. My 8-year old enjoyed that after long days of sightseeing. The pool is small, warm and underground, and adjacent to the ruins that they discovered at the sight during construction - precolumbian.

The rooms are very nice - standard for a JW. The prices are quite a bit less than the Monatsario or Nazarenas for a higher end option in Cusco. The only downside is the shower - poor design that floods the BR every time you use it! Treacherous at night!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family