“Brand New! (Nov 2012)”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Mexico City, Mexico
“Brand New! (Nov 2012)”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Cusco is always full so I really recommend you book the hotel you want early..... I wanted to stay in the Inkaterra or in Casa Andina which are highly recommended but they were unavailable, so we stayed at the brand new Marriott. I find that hotel rates all in Cusco are expensive, but then again are a matter of demand. The lobby at the Marriot is Beautiful with dark wood furniture and a fireplace in the middle. Service is excellent and the food amazing! The rooms are small but have everything you need. Don’t expect to get a view though, I stayed at two different rooms: In the first one, my window was looking at the building next door about 1.5m apart and in the second one there was just a tiny window in the corner averlooking the hotel’s roof :-S.
I do recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lima, Peru
Reviewed December 6, 2012

A great hotel, nice place, near the down town of the city, i recommend it to everybody. The service, food, the room was great, i loved it, its quiet, everything was perfect, the people who work there was very nice with me. If i return to cusco, im going to stay there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RispaC, Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Mr. Robert Keys,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us through the Trip Advisor Website. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed our Services. Thank you very much for your comments; they encourage us to keep up the good work!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Heinz Prelle
Genera Manager
JW Marriott Cusco
Atlanta
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The Marriott Cusco is very nice and well appointed with thoughtful design. The staff was very courteous and helpful, particularly the reception staff. I would definitely stay there again. I simply gave it a 4 of 5 because it felt understaffed. This could be due to the newness of the property and perhaps the property was not highly booked the evening we stayed. I wish I had booked an oxygenated room as I woke up the next morning feeling miserable regardless of the amount of tea I drank. This is no reflection on the hotel, just a recommendation as I learned the hard way!

Fremont, California
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Nice hotel with all the modern amenities. The rooms along the street are very noisy even with dual pane windows. I complained after midnight when I couldn't fall asleep with all the cars and people on the street. Was moved to an inside room which had no noise at all. Don't know why they stuck me in a room on the street side in the first place since the hotel wasn't even half full. They did apologize for the noisy room and left us some chocolates and a card the next day.
As a gold member, you get free buffet breakfast which I have to say was excellent.

Dipping pool, sauna and hot tub in the spa area were all really nice. They haven't figured out the proper temp settings yet, since one day it's extremely hot and other days it's just barely luke warm.

The rooms are all nicely appointed and comfortable. I would definitely recommend staying at the Marriott!

1 Thank nitro888
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The location of this hotel is excellent. It's a gentle walk to the main square, but just far enough away to be peaceful in the evening. The decor is striking and unusual, which is rarely true of large chain hotels. I agree with other comments that service was not fabulous; everyone was kind and tried very hard, but things were a bit rough around the edges.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
jacksonville, fl
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Beautiful, simply beautiful hotel in great location, right around corner from main square. 5 minute walk to Starbucks. Great breakfast. Spa was excellent,sauna, steam room , hot tub ,pool. My husband was dissapointed there was no gym. But you do pay for this luxury.

Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed November 23, 2012

My husband &I stayed at the Marriott Cusco in October. All the people who worked there were delightful and very helpful. They wanted to make our stay memorable. They were very accommodating, storing our luggage for several days while we travelled to Machu Picchu. Upon our return, they greeted us by name, gave us a key to our new room, and already had the bags in the room. They also always offered coca tea to help with the altitude sickness. We ate in the restaurant/bar several times, enjoying all our meals. The hotel is in close walking proximity to many main attractions, another plus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple