“Great Food!”

Ranked #71 of 817 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: It is the only gourmet restaurant of typical local food. We do not make fusion style. Located in the old palace of the Inca Tupac Yupanqui, we have vegetarian options. In Deva you can found the ancestral cuzco culture through its gastronomy. It is atended by its own owners. We have different Peruvian wines and piscos, and you can enjoy, if you wish so, the traditional "chicha de jora", drink that the Incas offered to the Sun in the Inti Raymi
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We ate at Deva's the night before leaving for the Inca Trail, and it was close to our restaurant. The food was exceptional, and this is in a town where pretty much all of the tourist restaurants have good food. I ordered the trout with some veggies and quinoa, and that might be the best fish I've ever eaten in my life. I have no idea what they did to it but it was mind-blowingly good. My fiance had the beef with peanut sauce and enjoyed it a lot too.

Great restaurant - highly recommend!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband and I plus a friend where recommended this restaurant by the hotel. The service was first class and the meals great. Presentation and quality of food very good indeed. I would recommend it.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I had many versions of quinoa soup on my trip to Peru, and this was by far the best. There were some technical issues with the bathroom when we were there, but other than that it was a great meal.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We enjoyed our food so much from this restaurant that we went back 2 days later to order more of the alpaca, absolutely delicious. Eddie is so friendly and helpful, organised takeaway for us, at our request and even let me watch our guinea pig cooking. We sent some people from our tour group there for dinner and they enjoyed it so much that they thanked me the next day for the tip off.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stumbled on this place on our last night in Cusco, we had just come back from Machu Picchu and this place just happaned to be right across from our hotel. As soon as we walked in the kitchen aromas greeted us as quickly as our server Alfredo! Alfredo was the best.. he recommended a wheat/cheese hot appetizer that was served over bread for the eight of us and there were no complaints! He also went above the call of duty when I out of curiosity ordered a "tree tomato drink" going as far as to bring me the actual fruit from the kitchen and letting me try it. (For the record I loved that tomato drink!!) The taste reminded me of physalis, but a little bitter afternote, delicious! Our group then ordered a range from their grilled chicken, ceviche, alpaca saltado, marrowbone stew, chicken soup, and other dishes that I can't seem to remember. I got the marrowbone stew over rice.. and that was good, meat was tender and well marinated. I also sampled their trout ceviche/alpaca saltado both which blew me away. The alpaca was so tender and gamey that I really wished they sold alpaca in the states. The only disappointment of the night was I did not order the guinea pig.. only because it takes around 30 mins to prepare. Alfredo mentioned if you ordered that he would personally take you behind the scenes to the kitchen and let you watch as your delicacy roasted over the river rocks... perhaps next time Deva?

Oh I almost forgot to mention Alfredo also brought out some real fermented chica as soon as we sat down for all us to try.. definitely delicious !!!