“Fun Rafting the Urubamba River Peru”

Activities Peru Rafting tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Activities Peru - Rafting Trips
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun Rafting the Urubamba River Peru”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Frank and his crew were very professional and safety was of the utmost concern.
They taught us the actions which we first practiced on land and then in calm water before we
went down the rapids.
We ran the river and they also taught us some fun play in the rapids.
It was so much fun!
When we exited the river, they served us a hot meal which was delicious.
They were very knowledgeable tour guides on our drive back to Cuzco.
I highly recommend this group.

Visited September 2013

• Korean first
Albany, Oregon, USA
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fun family adventure!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had a great time white water rafting on the Upper Urubamba River in Peru. There were 5 of us, age from 20 - 62, and we all had a good time. I was impressed that the staff emphasized safety, and we had full safety equipment. Their English was very good, and easy to understand. Lots of white water, and lots of fun. At the end of the trip, we had a great chicken lunch, made by a family member of the staff. I highly recommend this trip for those who want a little more adventure out of their vacation.

Weston, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour Service besided the Rafting”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I recently travelled alone with my three boys to Cuzco/Macchu Picchu for a three day tour to introduce them not only to a cultural experience, but also to an adventurous one. Luis and Frank were amazing! Luis carefully planned a three day tour which included Cuzco (city tour), rafting, the ruins of Ollantaytambo, Macchu Picchu & climbing Huayna Picchu. They took care of us at all times and made our trip exciting and safe. They helped with EVERY detail of our trip! My two teenage boys were extremely satisfied with all the adventure and it was pleasing to see them learn about the Incas with lots of interest. The rafting part of our trip was the most exciting for my eight year old even though he is now called "Chasqui Charles" for climbing Huayna Picchu without a sweat! I cannot thank Luis enough for going out of his way to make us feel safe and for finding a way to take us to the airport to catch our flight back, even when there was a massive public transportation strike and no cars were being allowed to go to the airport.

1 Thank Deborah D
Groningen, The Netherlands
“Great rafting!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We couldn't find activities Peru on the adress indicated on the website, so we e-maild them. Glad we did that, we recieved a reply very soon. We had a great day of rafting and it was very well organised. Safety first and had a lot of fun! Recommended!

Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The Best Rafting Company In Peru”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My name is Philani I own a rafting business on the Zambezi river in Victoria falls and did a rafting trip with this company and my guides Lucho and Frank took my family down on the river. I looked around during this trip and saw other companies on the river but this company was on top especially with the equipment, safety and customer care. These guys might look small but are big when it comes to customer care. I will not hesitate to recommend anyone who wants to do rafting in Peru to go with them. My family was kept very safe and we will go back and do 3 days rafting trip next time.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank ShockwaveRafting
Luis V, Propietario at Activities Peru Rafting tours, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hola Philani :

Thanks for your review, and we are glad you had a good time during your Rafting trip with us,, We are local guides but we gained moslty of our Experience working in Vail, Colorado USA,, and we had the chance to share great summers with amazing rafters and persons,, we used to live in a boat house,, sharing our river days with wild Kiwis, africans and some others from South America as well,, still misising those lovely Colorado days lifestyle,, but now we are back in Peru, so we just are put it on practice, everything we have learned,,,

Looking foward to see you again, my african brother and wishing you the best !!!

Best regards