“The Best Rafting Company In Peru”
Review of Activities Peru

Activities Peru
More attraction details
Owner description: Activities Peru - Rafting Trips
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My name is Philani I own a rafting business on the Zambezi river in Victoria falls and did a rafting trip with this company and my guides Lucho and Frank took my family down on the river. I looked around during this trip and saw other companies on the river but this company was on top especially with the equipment, safety and customer care. These guys might look small but are big when it comes to customer care. I will not hesitate to recommend anyone who wants to do rafting in Peru to go with them. My family was kept very safe and we will go back and do 3 days rafting trip next time.

1  Thank ShockwaveRafting
Luis V, Propietario at Activities Peru, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Hola Philani :

Thanks for your review, and we are glad you had a good time during your Rafting trip with us,, We are local guides but we gained moslty of our Experience working in Vail, Colorado USA,, and we had the chance to share great summers with amazing rafters and persons,, we used to live in a boat house,, sharing our river days with wild Kiwis, africans and some others from South America as well,, still misising those lovely Colorado days lifestyle,, but now we are back in Peru, so we just are put it on practice, everything we have learned,,,

Looking foward to see you again, my african brother and wishing you the best !!!

Best regards

Luis Vizcarra
Founder/Director
Activities peru
Rafting tour Operator

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I had read many good reviews about Activities Peru before we arrived in the Sacred Valley and we had a great time with them. Frank met us at our house for pick up and was very friendly and personable. We have spent time in Colorado where he worked for a time and enjoyed talking to him about it. He was also able to give us insight into Peru and the people there. The equipment was excellent and their training and emphasis safety before we started was excellent. The trip itself was very fun and we had a nice lunch after we finished. The whole crew was great and I would do it again if we go back. I loved the trip and I loved the people in Peru.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Last March I stood on the banks of the Urubamaba river near Cusco, trying to decide if there was a safe run or not...at that spot there wasn't. A voice behind me affirmed that. "We don't raft this section; we raft up above." I turned to find a gentle Peruvian with a ball cap that had a Colorado flag on it. "Hey, nice hat. I'm a river runner from Colorado. Have you been there?" I asked. "Yes, I was a raft guide in a small town there for many years. You wouldn't know it because it was really small," he answered. "Tell me where," I insisted. "Eagle," he said. "I'M FROM EAGLE!" I cried. We chatted excitedly for some time and I told Lucho that I was planning to raft elsewhere in Peru. He warned me to be careful because rafting is not monitored/licensed/certified in Peru as tightly it is in the U.S. Knowing the outfitter that Lucho worked for in Eagle, Timberline Tours, I trusted him immensely. I decided that my daughter and I should change our travel plans and join him for a Class IV, high water run down the Urubamba. And what a run it was!! Exhilarating yet safely guided by Lucho and his brother Frank (2 rafts); fun, challenging water with lots of soaking waves, a bit of air, and stunningly beautiful scenery reminiscent of the Upper Colorado in my home state. A hot chicken dinner at the take-out rounded out a perfect river day. This is a class operation with great equipment and well-trained guides.The highest caliber because they learned and got their experience from one of the best companies in the States. I was so happy to have the chance encounter that led to a fantastic rafting experience in Cusco. I HIGHLY recommend Lucho, Frank and the folks at Peru Rafting Tours!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had an extra day to kill in Cusco, so me and 2 buddies decided to go white water rafting. We read many reviews from TripAdvisor and decided to go with Activities Peru. The coordination with Luis and the entire trip ended up going very smoothly. The wetsuits and jacket provided were good quality and just warm enough for us to try cliff jumping mid trip into the frigid river. Lunch was prepared within minutes of getting out of the river. The service was great, for example, my buddies and I elected to get the cd with pictures but left it in one of the hostals in Cusco by mistake. I emailed Luis and he was able to post them to Facebook for us without hesitation. I am 110% satisfied.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This family run company did a great job of making my day on the river easy, safe and fun. They were attentive and very professional. There are other options for rafting but this company has a reputation in the rafting world for there attention to service and safety. They came recommended from a friend who has 15 years as a guide. Good lunch with fresh food. I thought they did a good job explaining some culture to the group on our drive to the river.