“Best 4 Days of My Life!”
Review of InfoCusco

Rainbow Full Day
Ranked #19 of 506 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: InfoCusco travel agency and tour operator based in the city of Cusco Peru, specialized in the Inca trail tours and traditional tours in Cusco and Peru.
Reviewed May 17, 2013

InfoCusco does a wonderful job setting up a great tour for anyone looking to see the highlights of the 4 Day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. Our guide and accommodations were not as advertised, they were freaking awesome, I got the best food on the trail 3 times a day. We never felt rushed, but Henry our tour guide made sure we saw everything, and more, that I needed to check this area off our bucket list! They was not one complaint from any of us who did the trail, I will never forget this experience and hope one day to do it again.

InfoCusco_SAC, Manager at InfoCusco, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Hello,
Thank you for your review, thank you for trusting us.
We are really grateful with you review and this commits to us improve every mad and more.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just completed the classic four day, three night Inca Trail using InfoCusco as our guide. I do a decent amount of backpacking back home and this trail is the most difficult trail I've ever completed (also the best), the good news is InfoCusco made it easier and pleasurable. On the trail I saw other tour operators with 10-15 people in the group, whereas ours was only 4 people. It was myself and 3 friends, so essentially we were given a private V.I.P. tour and paid no extra for this service. Our guide, Henry, is the guide's guide, he was incredibly knowledgeable, motivating, fun and caring. He was born to be a guide, I couldn't imagine completing this trail without him. He spoke English well and that allowed us to interact with him more and really get to know him. It appeared the lines between guide and my friends were blurred as he became one of us. The food was amazing, our chef Mateo, could be a chef in his own restaurant. We eagerly anticipated what our next meal would be. The one bad thing about InfoCusco was they told us to bring snacks, so each of us did, We never needed any snacks because the meals were so good and so plentiful. The porters worked extremely hard to make our trip more enjoyable and they, including Henry and Mateo should be tipped well for their services when you decide to use InfoCusco as I highly recommend for your Inca Trail trip. Side note, it was one of my friends birthday on the trail and they baked him a cake and brought him wine, imagine the surprise that was. InfoCusco made everything easier, from reserving, paying, communication, briefing, picking us up, the trail, macchu piccu, and returning home. They were extremely organized and I just can't say enough good things about InfoCusco.

1  Thank Michaelroy1976
Reviewed February 11, 2013

On the 24.01.13 me and my partner did the 4day 3night Inca trail we had an amazing experience we where the only two English speaking on the trek and Clever Ponce from info cusco spoke brilliant English. It was amazing value for money our porters where also amazing the food they prepared has been some of the best we have had since being in Peru. The good thing about info Cusco was they treated there porters with respect and they looked happy it was a real cultural experience. And thanks to info Cusco we had one of the best experiences in our lives yet thank you for everything Info Cusco.

Lee & Fran
United Kingdom

4  Thank Frances L
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I went on the Short Inca Trail (2 days, 1 night) with InfoCusco Tours and it was a great experience. We met our fellow hikers and our fantastic (English-speaking) guide Clever at the company's office in Cusco two days before we went to discuss what we needed to bring. The morning of the tour we were picked up at our hostel and taken to the train station before we took the trip to the 104km mark where our hike began.

I must admit I found it tough going as I am not very fit and had a sick stomach- and the first three and a half hours are uphill stairs. However, our guide made sure we took heaps of breaks while he gave us information about the Inca Trail and answered our questions. The hike is about 6-7 hours in total depending on how many breaks you have etc. The provided lunch was great and plentiful (I managed to eat some!) While personally I found it a challenge, it was well worth it just to turn the corner and see Machu Picchu for the first time and I'm sure others would find it an easier walk! It felt like such an achievement to finish and after the first few hours of stairs I enjoyed the hike immensely.

Once we finished we took the bus back to Aguas Calientes where Clever helped us find out hotels and check in, before we all met for dinner. The next day we caught the bus back to Machu Picchu and had our official tour of the ruins, which was fantastic and very informative. We went last month (January) but luckily the rain stayed away except for a couple of short showers. The tour finished and we had already been given our bus and train tickets back to Cusco so we had a few hours at Machu Picchu to explore on our own. We were picked up at the train station in Cusco once again and taken back to our hostel- no stress involved!

I would highly recommend this tour company- it is extremely well-organised, the staff are friendly and helpful, the hike is amazing and visiting Machu Picchu is an experience you'll never forget. If you're short on time (or fitness like me) the Short Inca Trail is a great option instead of the longer Inca Trail.

2  Thank Rach_Toune
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just finished the 4D/3N Classic Inca Trail with Infocusco and I have to say I'm amazed how cheap it was. Having spoken to quite a few people who have done the trail with more established companies (SAS Travel, etc.) it looked like I got the exact same service as them, for about $100-200 less.

The porters looked happy with their jobs and were never overburdened, unlike some I saw on the trail. They also had warm-looking Infocusco jackets, which made them look organised and meant they were treated as well as any other porter on the trail.

The food was excellent - every meal was a 2 course meal where we had way too much food to finish. The tents and sleeping mats had the company logo, and were pretty much the same as those provided by other companies from what I saw walking around the campsites. On the third night, it was pouring down with rain, but I stayed warm and dry.

I had a knee injury on the second day and my guide, Willy, was very helpful. He immediately administered first aid, and helped me set up my sleeping bag and mat for the next two nights. The porters also used some of their spare capacity to carry more of my things. The guide's English was also very good and he was very friendly.

Overall, go with Infocusco. You get the same service, and save a lot of money.

4  Thank Kevin H