“4 day inca trail with info cusco. Amazing”
Review of InfoCusco

InfoCusco
Ranked #17 of 439 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: InfoCusco travel agency and tour operator based in the city of Cusco Peru, specialized in the Inca trail tours and traditional tours in Cusco and Peru.
Shrewsbury
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“4 day inca trail with info cusco. Amazing”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

On the 24.01.13 me and my partner did the 4day 3night Inca trail we had an amazing experience we where the only two English speaking on the trek and Clever Ponce from info cusco spoke brilliant English. It was amazing value for money our porters where also amazing the food they prepared has been some of the best we have had since being in Peru. The good thing about info Cusco was they treated there porters with respect and they looked happy it was a real cultural experience. And thanks to info Cusco we had one of the best experiences in our lives yet thank you for everything Info Cusco.

Lee & Fran
United Kingdom

4 Thank Frances L

Cairns, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Unforgettable Experience”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I went on the Short Inca Trail (2 days, 1 night) with InfoCusco Tours and it was a great experience. We met our fellow hikers and our fantastic (English-speaking) guide Clever at the company's office in Cusco two days before we went to discuss what we needed to bring. The morning of the tour we were picked up at our hostel and taken to the train station before we took the trip to the 104km mark where our hike began.

I must admit I found it tough going as I am not very fit and had a sick stomach- and the first three and a half hours are uphill stairs. However, our guide made sure we took heaps of breaks while he gave us information about the Inca Trail and answered our questions. The hike is about 6-7 hours in total depending on how many breaks you have etc. The provided lunch was great and plentiful (I managed to eat some!) While personally I found it a challenge, it was well worth it just to turn the corner and see Machu Picchu for the first time and I'm sure others would find it an easier walk! It felt like such an achievement to finish and after the first few hours of stairs I enjoyed the hike immensely.

Once we finished we took the bus back to Aguas Calientes where Clever helped us find out hotels and check in, before we all met for dinner. The next day we caught the bus back to Machu Picchu and had our official tour of the ruins, which was fantastic and very informative. We went last month (January) but luckily the rain stayed away except for a couple of short showers. The tour finished and we had already been given our bus and train tickets back to Cusco so we had a few hours at Machu Picchu to explore on our own. We were picked up at the train station in Cusco once again and taken back to our hostel- no stress involved!

I would highly recommend this tour company- it is extremely well-organised, the staff are friendly and helpful, the hike is amazing and visiting Machu Picchu is an experience you'll never forget. If you're short on time (or fitness like me) the Short Inca Trail is a great option instead of the longer Inca Trail.

2 Thank Rach_Toune
Reading, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing value - same service for $100-200 less”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just finished the 4D/3N Classic Inca Trail with Infocusco and I have to say I'm amazed how cheap it was. Having spoken to quite a few people who have done the trail with more established companies (SAS Travel, etc.) it looked like I got the exact same service as them, for about $100-200 less.

The porters looked happy with their jobs and were never overburdened, unlike some I saw on the trail. They also had warm-looking Infocusco jackets, which made them look organised and meant they were treated as well as any other porter on the trail.

The food was excellent - every meal was a 2 course meal where we had way too much food to finish. The tents and sleeping mats had the company logo, and were pretty much the same as those provided by other companies from what I saw walking around the campsites. On the third night, it was pouring down with rain, but I stayed warm and dry.

I had a knee injury on the second day and my guide, Willy, was very helpful. He immediately administered first aid, and helped me set up my sleeping bag and mat for the next two nights. The porters also used some of their spare capacity to carry more of my things. The guide's English was also very good and he was very friendly.

Overall, go with Infocusco. You get the same service, and save a lot of money.

4 Thank Kevin H
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great tour! Definitely would recommend it.”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Info Cusco is a great company to plan your Inca Trail trip with! Clever was a wonderful tour guide, and every minute of the trip was enjoyable. However, they failed to tell us that we needed to pay the final payment in cash. Fortunately, we were able to contact our banks in order to make the withdrawal. They also didn't confirm a packing list we sent them for approval, but we made due! Even with the minor hiccups, I'd definitely still recommend Info Cusco.

3 Thank RWH410
Milan, Italy
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Pavel the guide was amazing. truly motivated and enthusiastic about the inca trail. He even offered himself for guiding us in a small incaic ruin not along the path ( no groups were there, no guides did the same). In the camp he was always telling us very interesting stories about the incas about the magic and the spiritual of the place.

The organization was perfect, porters very efficient, always there for us and before us even clapping their hands for us!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank ANDREA B
InfoCusco_SAC, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at InfoCusco, responded to this review, April 28, 2015
HI, we were fascinated serving to you. Your words make us to work hard in order to improve our services every day.

Thank you very much.