“Explorandes is 1st in Class”
Review of Explorandes

Explorandes
Ranked #116 of 907 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1975, Explorandes has been a pioneer in adventure travel area, from being the first company to operate treks on the Inca Trail to spearheading tourism in remote and rural regions of Peru, discovering ancient ruins and hidden trails and exploring the last unchartered rivers in some of the most fantastic and varied natural landscapes of the Andes. We are innovators and adventure enthusiasts with a passion, giving back to the places we enjoy and travel to, creating top quality tailor-made travel experiences for each and every guest.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Recently completed the Salkantay trek ending at Machu Pichhu. Explorandes and their incredible staff made this trek a memory that will last a lifetime. Starting with Talia in the office who made sure all details were buttoned up, our great guide Neptali who was a joy to trek with, to the talented chefs and hard working porters, they made this trip enjoyable and exciting. I will use Explorandes again and highly recommend them.

2  Thank jfd32
There are newer reviews for Explorandes

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We have just finished the 3 night, 4 day Inca Trail tour. We were lucky enough to be guided by Harry - who is an absolute legend. He was so patient and very knowledgeable - the only guide who has ever asked us what most interests us & what we would like to hear more about. Our trip would not have been the same without Harry.
Explorandes was great, nothing was too much trouble. Providing us with a duffel bag and walking sticks for the trek, amazing meals and such comfort whilst camping. The porters are lovely & will do anything possible to help. Even the little things like being met at the airport with coca tea really made such a difference. **Biggest tip - make sure you book the NON traditional route. By doing this, it was just us and Harry for the first three days. We didn't pass a single rowdy backpacker group and were the only ones at the campsites. Made for a very unique experience!**

4  Thank lisamckernan
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I hiked the Inca Trail over 10 years ago with my daughter. Narciso was our guide and we have never forgotten him! He made the trip for us! My husband has now decided to hike the trail and, without hesitation, I recommended Explorandes. After doing some research I see that Narciso is still guiding... I am overjoyed to hear this and to know that so many people have been able to enjoy this experience and his company. I have since traveled the world with many groups (Nat Geo, Backroads etc) and nothing has every compared to our Inca Trail hike with Narciso. Totally organized and professional and authentic. The food and porters we awesome! I have never written a review online for anything... ever... but even after 10 years my feelings about this trip are still so strong that I just had to chime in and sing the praises of this experience. Please note I had to select an inaccurate date for this trip because our actual travel dates were not available.

2  Thank Alix B
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I cannot recommend Explorandes enough! A group of my women friends takes a trip once a year and this year it was to Peru. Explorandes took care of use for the entire week, meeting us at the airport with coca tea and chocolate and providing incredible guides, a comfortable van, and a driver throughout our stay. We were particularly impressed by our first guide, Wilfredo Huillca Gamarra, who was with us for our stay in the Sacred Valley, and then on our 1-day hike on the Inca Trail followed by a full day exploring Machu Picchu. He was extremely intelligent, personable, knowledgeable, and spoke perfect English. He is a musician, to boot, and treated us to a flute serenade while we rested by a waterfall on the Inca Trail. It was a magical moment. Based on our experience, we would highly recommend this company, especially if Wilfredo is your guide!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We took the five-day/four-night Inca Trail hike with ExplorAndes and had an unforgettable time. Our guides, Carlos and Neptali, were experienced and friendly, full of information about the history of the area and the plants and animals along the trail, the geography and the astronomy. We felt cared for and very lucky. There were nine trekkers on our tour, then the two guides, two cooks, and 13 porters. The tents and gear (we rented sleeping bags) were all in excellent shape, and the food was delicious and plentiful. The porters seemed well kitted out and not overburdened. Thanks to the longer tour and ExplorAndes's campsite for the first night, we made it almost to the end of the trail before seeing any other hikers, so it was truly a wilderness experience. The office crew who helped arrange our plans were hyper responsive and very skilled. Absolutely recommend them, no holds barred.

2  Thank Kate O