“Best meal I've had during the past two months in Peru”
Review of Roma Mia - CLOSED

Roma Mia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2013

After being disappointed by many "Italian" restaurants in Peru I decided to give in and look one up on tripadvisor, and it did not disappoint!

I was in the mood for a big lunch (dealing with a beast of a hangover) so I ordered the bruschetta (they have one with aubergine (or something similar) that is to die for!).

For a main course I ordered the spaghetti carbonara, which was just perfect! (all the previous carbonara I've had at other Peruvian restaurants has been a squishy goo of tasteless cheese smothered in fat)

The owners/employees (not sure which they were) were very friendly, and I will definitely come back here (and bring friends).

3  Thank Tom K

Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is my honest opinion - this is the best restaurant in Peru by far. Especially in Cusco! I've tried all the expensive fancy restaurants around Cusco and none of them come close to Roma Mia. The chef is Italian, and passionate about food and you can tell! This is real Italian food like in Italy, no question about it. He uses real imported ingredients including pecorino and parmesan cheese, olive oil, wines and of course pasta from Italy. I've been several times and it's always consistently excellent. Very friendly service, very clean (the kitchen is spotless!), very fresh, perfectly cooked, lovely atmosphere, and make sure you stop by after 6 for the pizza oven - the pizzas are superb. This is the real deal. if you want a break from Peruvian food this like a little slice of Italy seems literally teleported from Rome to the centre of Cusco. Very convenient location. Highly recommended. My favourite restaurant so far anywhere in the world. One tip is to ask for the chefs speciality it's his own creation and it's something to be experienced! Also has plenty of great vegetarian options, if you're vegan you just have to ask to hold the parmesan.

2  Thank Icke_Was_Right
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We decided to go crazy and have a family sized pizza each. Well, it was crazy as they were huge but we took our time and we managed to finish. They were both very tasty!

Though there were many on the list, they didn't have any Argentinian bottled wine but only Italian. We drink Italian wine quite often at home so we didn't want one. We then had the "house wine" which according to them was Argentinian. It was surprisingly good and went lovely with the pizza.

1  Thank Diana A
Reviewed August 30, 2013

If it wasn't for the elevation of Cusco, I thought I was back in Italy. This restaurant was so authentic, the best Italian food I have had in a long time. I met the owner and chef Danillo and his wife Ana. Danillo is from Rome and that's where he learned and perfected his Italian cooking skills. Ana and Danillo were so inviting I felt like family. All the food was prepared from scratch and I was even able to observe some of the food preperation while talking to Danillo. This place is a MUST on your Cusco trip!

3  Thank steven s
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Didn't impress us. We had pizza and pasta. Wish we went elsewhere. Not many diners - always a bad sign.

1  Thank KenandJanH